Pakistan and Evidence for policy and practice
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Evidence and gaps in evidence on the principle political economy constraints and opportunities to successful investment in inclusive agribusiness in Asia
- J.G. Kydd / Evidence on Demand 2016
- This report pays particular reference to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Kyrgyz Republic, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Tajikistan. The purpose is to inform a more detailed call down piece of work for DFID to scope the potential establishment...
- Embedding gender and diversity in the Plantwise Programme: overview of findings
- Evidence on Demand 2015
- It is widely assumed that women are not heavily engaged in agriculture, however data from around the world highlights the critical role that women play in agricultural production, especially in less-developed countries. In spite of th...
- Property tax experiment in Punjab, Pakistan
- A.Q. Khan; A.I. Khwaja; B.A. Olken / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2014
- Pakistan faces important policy challenges in improving service delivery and growth and development. Low levels of tax revenue act as a serious constraint to economic growth, provision of services and, more generally, to building an e...
- Output 4 Options Analysis: options analysis for a regional climate change programme to deliver more effective climate services, early warning and disaster risk reduction
- S. Wade; S. Lester / Evidence on Demand 2015
- South Asian countries are particularly vulnerable to extreme weather events, climate variability and longer-term climatic changes due to high population density, poverty, and lack of resources for adaptation. This report provid...
- Initiatives to Strengthen Rule of Law in Sindh
- B. Rohwerder (ed) / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2015
- This Helpdesk Report responds to the following query: Initiatives to strengthen rule of law in Sindh: Please provide evidence of local, national or international initiatives to strengthen rule of law in Pakistan, with a focus on initi...
- Helpdesk Report: Literacy in Pakistan
- L. Bolton; I. Featherstone / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2013
- This helpdesk query produced: a summary of the key literacy statistics in Paistan for the population as a whole as well as for children up to the age of 15 – broken down by end of grade 2, end of grade 5, and age 15 (grade 8) an...
- Helpdesk Report: Alternative education provision for Pakistan
- L. Bolton / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2013
- This Helpdesk query report looks at research on charter Schools in the US, academy schools in the UK, ‘adopted’ schools in Pakistan, and private management of public school. On charter schools this report includes: ...
- Violence and sexual abuse in schools in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2012
- This Helpdesk report includes statistics and reports on sexual abuse and violence in schools in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The first section of the report covers UN Security Council Reports including statistics on attacks. The next two...
- Climate & environment assessment: tackling acid and burns violence
- S. Selby / Evidence on Demand 2013
- This paper is a climate and environmental assessment that was conducted as part of the “Business Case” for “Tackling Acid and Burns Violence in Asia”. It involves applying a climate and environmental sensitivit...