Bangladesh and Education
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS education collection
Search for the latest education-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- What development interventions work? The long-term impact and cost-effectiveness of anti-poverty programs in Bangladesh
- A.R. Quisumbing / Department for International Development, UK 2010
- While Government and NGOs in Bangladesh have undertaken many interventions designed to help individuals and households escape poverty, few studies have evaluated their long-term impact. Using a newly available longitudinal dat...
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...
- Strategic reform road-map for the technical and vocational education and training sector in west Bengal
- World Bank 2013
- The focus of this report is human development and skills development in West Bengal, in the context of economic growth. The current status of skills development are presented, along with potential ways align the production of skills a...
- Helpdesk Report: Demand-side school incentive programmes
- L. Bolton / Department for International Development, UK 2011
- This report reviews the impact of demand side school incentives programmes. It presents articles and case studies on: Cash (or in-kind) transfer programmes Vouchers Scholarships Operatio...
- We all need more education: What can be done to reduce teacher absenteeism
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2009
- 3ie Brief No. 5, March 2009 Monitoring and financial incentives have been shown to have a significant impact on absenteeism, whereas local monitoring of attendance has failed to have such an impact. However, more evidence is re...
- Efficiency analysis of classroom infrastructure for primary education in Bangladesh
- Evidence on Demand 2014
- The Directorate of Primary Education in Bangladesh, under the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, is implementing the Third Primary Education Development Programme (PEDP 3) from July 2011 over a period of 5 years. This ...
- Access with quality in primary education: re-inventing iInter-organizational synergy
- S Islam 2010
- During the last two decades, Bangladesh has made significant progress in improving access to primary education, especially for girls and poor children. In recent years, there is a growing awareness among various stakeholders that Bang...
- Child labour and education in Bangladesh
- M Ahmed 2010
- Child labour is a multi-dimensional and complex issue. It is a symptom of economic vulnerability of people, inadequate legal system and labour laws, cultural and social inequities, as well as a result of an inaccessible and low-qualit...
- Effects of Education Level of Father and Mother on Perceptions of Breastfeeding
- B. Banu 2012
- It is well known that education level of father and mother is an important factor to achieve breastfeeding. But, according to some literature, there is still controversy that education of parents is really a major factor for perceptio...
- The Quest for Teachers of the 'Right Stamp' as Prerequisite to Progress of Female Education in Eastern Bengal: The Partition Interlude
- A. Nayeem 2011
- The aim of this paper is to document this experiment of the British Raj with female education that has not previously been examined. The Committeeâs ideas and activities and the bureaucracyâs reacti...