India and Education
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS education collection
Search for the latest education-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- New knowledge on children and young people: a synthesis of evidence - summary paper
- R. Marcus; E. Page; J. Stephenson; D. Walker / Impact Initiative 2015
- Improving children and young peoples (CYP) wellbeing, and recognising the role they can play in creating a more sustainable world will be critical to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This timely report provides ...
- Beneficial effects of 12-week OM chanting on memory in school children
- World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016
- Pranayama is a yogic practice where the subject prolongs and controls the breath, which helps to bring the conscious awareness in breathing; to reshape breathing habits and patterns. OM is one of the fundamental symbols used in the yo...
- Sharing of social sectors experiences in IBSA: assessment of initiatives and way forward
- B. Pandey / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- The establishment of the India-Brazil-South Africa Trilateral Cooperation Forum (IBSA), formalised by the Brasilia Declaration in 2003 is a distinctive international trilateral development initiative to promote South- South cooperatio...
- Bringing learning to light: the role of citizen-led assessments in shifting the education agenda
- Results for Development Institute 2015
- As governments and donors focused on increasing access to education in the wake of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the issue of learning received comparatively little concerted attention. Some organisations working in countri...
- Costs of basic services in Kerala, 2007: education, health, childbirth and finance (loans)
- K. C. Zachariah; R. S. Irudaya / Centre for Development Studies, Kerala, India 2008
- This Working Paper focuses on the pattern and costs of services in four areas, which critically affect most households in Kerala. The major concerns of this Working Paper include answers to questions such as: How much d...
- A wide angle view of learning Evaluation of the CCE and LEP programmes in Haryana, India
- E. Duflo; J. Berry; S. Mukerji; M. Shotland / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2015
- Current enrollment rates at the primary school level in India are well over 95 per cent, and dropout rates do not appear to increase dramatically with age - children between the ages of 11 and 14 are only three percentage points more ...
- Helpdesk Report: Behaviour change in under 2’s
- C. Sambo / Department for International Development, UK 2010
- This report is on using behaviour change communication to impact positively on caring practices for children under two years of age in India. It has the following sections: Academic Literature Cochrane ...
- Helpdesk Report: Education and fertility in India
- R. Smith / Department for International Development, UK 2010
- The report has sections on the following areas: Education and fertility Education and fertility in India and the region Economic returns to women’s education in India Education and repro...
- Helpdesk Report: Comparing the performance of private versus public secondary education
- K. Martin / Department for International Development, UK 2011
- What evidence is there, for India and the region in particular, comparing the learning achievements and relative cost of private versus public secondary education, as indicators of their relative performance? The public versus ...
- Helpdesk Report: Evidence base for local block grants in Education
- L. Bolton / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2013
- This Helpdesk query was asked to provide a literature / evidence review of the effectiveness – or otherwise – of sub-national flexible block grants in education in delivering enrolment, attendance and quality objectives. ...