South Africa and Education
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS education collection
Search for the latest education-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Mobile phones and education in Sub-Saharan Africa: from youth practice to public policy
- Journal of International Development 2015
- Young people's use of mobile phones is expanding exponentially across Africa. Its transformative potential is exciting, but findings presented in this paper indicate how the downside of mobile phone use in African schools is becoming ...
- Teenage childbearing and educational attainment in South Africa
- I.M. Timaeus; T.A. Moultrie / London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine 2012
- Teenage childbearing and attainment at school in South Africa are investigated using nationally-representative data from the National Income Dynamics Study. The analysis focuses on the outcomes by 2010 of a panel of 673 childless youn...
- A Moving Issue: Children and young people’s transport and mobility constraints in Africa
- Kate Czuczman (ed) / International Forum for Rural Transport and Development 2010
- Children and young people are rarely at the forefront of transport studies, despite the fact that their ability to access health and educational facilities is crucial to the achievement of internatioanl development goals. To address t...
- Mobilising a response to HIV, gender, youth and gender-based violence in South Africa: a toolkit for trainers and programme implementers
- US Agency for International Development 2015
- This toolkit was produced as part of the Sexual HIV Prevention Project (SHIPP) to support in-house training on gender, HIV, youth, and community mobilisation for programme implementers working on HIV and gender-based violence (GBV) pr...
- Sharing of social sectors experiences in IBSA: assessment of initiatives and way forward
- B. Pandey / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- The establishment of the India-Brazil-South Africa Trilateral Cooperation Forum (IBSA), formalised by the Brasilia Declaration in 2003 is a distinctive international trilateral development initiative to promote South- South cooperatio...
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...
- “Complicit in exclusion” – South Africa’s failure to guarantee an inclusive education for children with disabilities
- Human Rights Watch 2015
- South Africa was one of the first countries to ratify the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) in 2007, and is a party to five key international human rights treaties and two African treaties protecting and gua...
- Shifting understandings of skills in South Africa: overcoming the historical imprint of a low skills regime
- Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa 2004
- This ebook attempts to examine what is understood by the term skill in the South African context. It does so in relation to how skill and skills are being employed in contemporary policies and practices within South Africa. It affirms...
- Reforming higher education: access, equity, and financing in Botswana, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, and Tunisia
- K. Gyimah-Brempong; P. Ondiege / World Economic Forum 2011
- This chapter in the 2011 Africa Competitiveness Report analyses systems of higher education in Africa using five African countries— Botswana, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, and Tunisia— as case studies. Specifically, ...
- Contextualising curriculum design and recontextualising its implementation: The case of climate change education for Southern African Transfrontier Conservation Area practitioners
- M. Mukute / African Journals Online - AJOL 2014
- This paper discusses how the climate change education needs of park managers, ecologists, and community development officers in Southern African Development Community (SADC) Transfrontier Conservation Areas (TFCAs) were established th...