Indonesia and Environment
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS environment collection
Search for the latest environment-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Real-time evaluation of Norway's international climate and forest initiative. Literature review and programme theory.
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2016
- The report presents findings of a baseline for a new wave of real time evaluation of Norways International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). Two separate but closely connected studies have been conducted following an extens...
- Indonesia’s ‘green agriculture’ strategies and policies: Closing the gap between aspirations and application
- B. Leimona; S. Amaruzaman; B. Arifin / World Agroforestry Centre 2015
- With a focus on Indonesia, this study provides an overview of the state of-the-art of green agriculture, the policies and strategies associated with it, the commonly applied instruments, and the situation in the field. It aims ...
- Subsidies to key commodities driving forest loss
- M. McFarland; S. Whitley; G. Kissinger / Overseas Development Institute 2015
- This working paper argues that there is an increasing focus on the role that public and private resources can play in supporting activities that reduce forest loss as part of wider efforts to address climate change, and ensure sustain...
- REDD Integrity: An evidence based approach to anti-corruption in REDD+
- A. Williams; K. Dupuy; F. Downs / U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre 2015
- Schemes for Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) have emerged as a means to address deforestation trends in developing countries and related emissions of forest carbon. Governance and corruption challen...
- REDD: A Collection of Conflicts, Contradictions and Lies
- World Rainforest Movement 2015
- The complexity of REDD initiatives from another perspective. REDD: A Collection of Conflicts, Contradictions and Lies presents summaries of reports from 24 REDD projects or programmes with a common character...
- What drives the global land rush?
- R. Arezki; K. Deininger; H. Selod / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Recent increases in the level of agricultural commodity prices and the resulting demand for land has been accompanied by a rising interest in acquiring agricultural land by investors. This paper studies the determinants of foreign lan...
- Towards REDD+ Integrity: opportunities and challenges for Indonesia
- A. Dermawan; A.C. Sinaga / U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre 2015
- Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) has become a cornerstone of Indonesia’s forest sector policies. Given corruption risks in the sector, a number of policies and initiatives – both specifi...
- Synergies across a REDD+ landscape: Non-carbon benefits, joint mitigation and adaptation, and an analysis of submissions to the SBSTA
- P. Elias; S. Leonard; L. Cando / Center for International Forestry Research 2014
- This brief draws from the scientific literature on non-carbon benefits and joint mitigation and adaptation, evaluates recent submissions to the Subsidiary Body on Scientific and Technical Advice (SBSTA) on these issues, and intends to...
- Impact of climate change on agriculture and food crops: Options for climate smart Agriculture and local adaptation in East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
- J. Lassa; Y. Seran Mau; D. Elcid Lu; N. Frans / Institute of Resource Governance and Social Change 2014
- This paper identifies some of the innovations in water use efficiency and water management at crop levels such as mulching, water diversification measures and agro-forestry system which are being used by a few successful farmers. The ...
- Livelihood strategies and land ‐ use system dynamics in Southeast Sulawesi
- World Agroforestry Centre 2012
- The project, Agroforestry and Forestry in Sulawesi: Linking Knowledge with Action the ‘AgFor Sulawesi Project’ has been developed for implementation in 3 provinces of the island of Sulawesi, Indonesia South Sulawesi, South...