India and Ethical business
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Under sea pipedreams and India energy security
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- Iran’s game-changing nuclear deal with the West and imminent ending of the US-led sanctions open a window of opportunity for deeper Indo-Iranian relations. On the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Ufa in July 2015, Iran’s P...
- Issues in labour market inequality and women’s participation in India’s National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme
- S. Dasgupta; R. M. Sudarsham / International Labour Organization 2011
- The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREGP or NREGP), functions as an income supplement for poor households by providing 100 days of work to a rural household, with 33 per cent of all workdays reserved for women w...
- Occupational health and safety and the poorest
- F. Lund; A. Marriot / Women in Informal Employment Globalizing and Organizing 2011
- This report addresses the role of employment in efforts to reduce poverty in the context of increased globalisation and its impacts on labour markets. Worldwide, countries are experiencing a decline of jobs with secure and lasting con...
- Women's livelihoods, global markets and citizenship
- J. Thekkudan; R. Tandon / Institute of Development Studies UK 2009
- The underlying assumption of the economic integration epitomised by globalisation was that it would lead to greater economic participation and an enhancement of livelihood opportunities, which in turn would have positive impacts ...
- Tainted carpets: slavery and child labor in India's hand-made carpet sector
- S. Kara / François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights 2014
- The issue of child labour in India’s hand-made carpet sector has received extensive attention since the early 1990s. This is in large part due to the fact that India is the largest exporter of hand-made carpets in the world. Num...
- Drug discovery and development: business opportunities in India
- F. Sen / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2009
- The sustainability of traditional pharmaceutical Research & Development model is being questioned with changing market dynamics, emerging markets and saturating growth rates in developed markets. New technological innovations in R...
- Estimating workers' bargaining power and firms' markup in India: Implications of reforms and labour regulations
- R. Pal; U. Rathore / Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, India 2014
- Recently, a number of studies have attempted to estimate workers’ bargaining power and firms’ markup simultaneously, by adopting a more direct approach that allows for imperfections in both product and labour markets. ...
- Post - 2015 Development Agenda - India National Consultation Report: Trade Unions Constituency
- Knowledge Partnership Programme 2013
- This report provides an overview of the Indian National Trade Union Consultation where trade unions presented the views on MDGs and its future course in the post-2015 agenda. The report argues that there is a need for paradigm shift i...
- India Nepal Knowledge Exchange Visit January 2014
- Knowledge Partnership Programme 2014
- This report details the exposure visit for Nepal Government Officials to India which was organised by the KPP Management team to share learnings from the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS). The visit&n...
- Promoting resource efficiency along the supply chain of key sectors: stimulating knowledge partnership in South Asia
- Knowledge Partnership Programme 2015
- Rapid development coupled with high population growth in South Asia has led to unsustainable use of natural resources resulting in serious environmental and social problems. These problems may constraint growth in the production ...