Indonesia and Ethical business
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Understanding Wage Issues in the Tea Industry
- Oxfam 2013
- Wage levels are an issue of concern across the globe as individuals, companies and governments wrestle with how wages paid to workers relate to costs of living, corporate and national competitiveness, profitability and broader macroec...
- Developing Women’s Entrepreneurship in the Papua Highlands
- International Labour Organization 2010
- This briefing documents the progress of ILO’s Entrepreneurship Skills Development project, which ran in 2009 and 2010 in the Papua Highlands, Indonesia, as part of the UN joint programme for the area. The ILO project was aimed a...
- Trade unions and labour laws around the world
- Baker and McKenzie 2010
- This book looks at the current state of works councils and trade unions for 33 countries around the world. Topics include: collective bargaining unfair labour practices trade union employe...
- Encouraging Asian pension funds to work towards a responsible future
- The Association for Sustainable & Responsible Investment in Asia 2009
- Asia's pension funds are among the largest and fastest growing pools of capital in the region and their influence in the capital markets will continue to grow, especially as asset allocations diversify. The integration of environmenta...
- Simulating the best policies for coal mining in Indonesia
- L. Fatah / IDRC Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia 2007
- This report analyses the impact of coal mining on the economy and environment of South Kalimantan Province, one of the most important coal producing regions in Indonesia. It uses a Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) to evaluate the impact...
- Developing appropriate interventions to address the wildlife trade in South-East Asia
- World Bank Research 2008
- This paper discusses the findings of a study on the economic and social drivers of the wildlife trade in four south-east Asian countries, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR and Vietnam. It assesses the effectiveness of interventions t...
- Restructuring affects sustainability of tea sector
- V.W. Sanne / Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations 2008
- This report presents a detailed and comparative analysis on social, economic and ecological conditions in the tea sector in six of the most important tea-producing countries: India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kenya and Malawi. It ...
- How to improve labour standards in sportswear industry?
- Play Fair 2008 Campaign 2008
- Across the global sportswear industry, workers manufacturing sports apparel, footwear and soccer balls face poor working conditions and substantial violation of rights. This report which brought to focus the sports workers’ prob...
- Indonesia’s palm oil industry- the way ahead.
- Greenpeace International 2008
- This paper looks at the effects of Indonesia’s palm oil industry. It focuses on the activities of Unilever and other major organizations in dealing with the carbon liability issue. The paper concludes by discussing the way ahead...
- Food industry restructuring at the national level: evidence from eight country case studies
- T. Reardon; J. Huang / Sustainable Markets Group, IIED 2008
- Rapid changes are taking place in the structure and governance of national and regional agrifood markets in developing countries, affecting the agricultural sector's ability to contribute to economic growth, poverty reduction and sust...