Ethiopia and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Self-reported acute pesticide intoxications in Ethiopia
- A.W. Nigatu; M. Bråtveit; B.E. Moen / BMC Public Health 2016
- Background. Pesticide exposure is an important public health concern in Ethiopia, but there is limited information on pesticide intoxications. Residents may have an increased risk of pesticide exposure through proximity of their homes...
- How pro-poor are land rental markets in Ethiopia?
- S.T. Holden; S. Bezu; Mesfin Tilahun / Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2016
- Land rental markets can potentially improve the access to land for land-poor households that possess complementary resources that can enable them to utilize land efficiently. Land rental markets can also enable landowners who are poor...
- Links between tenure security and food security in poor agrarian economies: causal linkages and policy implications
- S. T. Holden; H. Ghebru / Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2016
- Population growth leads to growing land scarcity and landlessness in poor agrarian economies. Many of these also face severe climate risks that may increase in the future. Tenure security is important for food security in such countri...
- Negotiating new relationships: how the Ethiopian state is involving China and Brazil in agriculture and rural development
- D. Alemu; I. Scoones / Institute of Development Studies UK 2013
- This article provides an overview of Brazilian and Chinese agricultural development cooperation activities in Ethiopia. In the context of a highly aid-dependent country, the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) has developed an effecti...
- Climate adapted vilages. The Development Fund's model for local climate adaptation. Ethiopia.
- S.H. Strømland Strømland; R. Ortiz / Development Fund, Norway 2015
- The Climate Adapted Villages model aims to make farmers and local communities capable of organizing themselves, identifying climate threats and practicing climate smart agriculture, enabling them to adapt to the current consequences o...
- The politics of seed in Africa's green revolution: alternative narratives and competing pathways
- I. Scoones; J. Thompson / Institute of Development Studies UK 2011
- As calls for a ‘uniquely African green revolution’ gain momentum, a focus on seeds and seed systems is rising up the agricultural policy agenda. Much of the debate stresses the technological or market dimensions, with subs...
- Afar Resilience Study
- J. Helland / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2015
- This paper has been prepared in conjunction with a project for resilience building in Afar National Regional State, Ethiopia under the auspices of the Afar Region Disaster Prevention, Preparedness and Food Security Coordination Office...
- Qualitative research and analyses of the economic impacts of cash transfer programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa
- P. Pozarny; V. Barca; S. Brook / Food and Agriculture Organization Corporate Document Repository 2015
- This report synthesizes the analysis and findings of a set of six country case studies that explore the impact of cash transfer (CT) programmes on household economic decision-making and the local economy in sub-Saharan Africa. ...
- Looking back, looking ahead : land, agriculture and society in East Africa : a festschrift for Kjell Havnevik
- M. Ståhl (ed) / Nordic Africa Institute / Nordiska Afrikainstitutet, Uppsala 2015
- Professor Kjell Havnevik is retiring from the Nordic Africa Institute (NAI) in 2015. For four decades, he has carried out research, taught and supervised students as well as participated in policy debates on different aspects of agric...
- Food security in a climate perspective: what role could the private sector play regarding investment in smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia
- M.E. Bachke; R. Haug / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2014
- The purpose of this study is to discuss different ways of implementing the "Food Security in a Climate Perspective strategy 2013-15" in relation to support to private sector develo...