India and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Adapting Agriculture Platforms for Nutrition: A Case Study of a Participatory, Video-Based Agricultural Extension Platform in India
- S. Kadiyala; E.H. Morgan; S. Cyriac; A. Margolies; T. Roopnaraine / PLoS ONE 2016
- Successful integration of nutrition interventions into large-scale development programmes from nutrition-relevant sectors, such as agriculture, can address critical underlying determinants of undernutrition and enhance the coverage an...
- Review of Agri-Food Value Chain Interventions Aimed at Enhancing Consumption of Nutritious Food by the Poor: India
- R. Parasar; R.V. Bhavani / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia 2016
- Efforts to give a pro-nutrition focus to agriculture to address the problem of undernutrition in developing countries have predominantly focused on boosting production and/or consumption of nutritious foods by farm households. While t...
- To farm or not to farm? Indian farmers in transition
- B. Agarwal; A. Agarwal / Global Development Institute, University of Manchester 2016
- Few studies of agrarian transition examine what farmers themselves feel about farming. Are they cultivating out of choice or a lack of options? What distinguishes farmers who like farming from t hose who do not: their personal and hou...
- Climate change and food security in India
- M. Chakrabarty / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2016
- Climate change has added to the enormity of India's food-security challenges. While the relationship between climate change and food security is complex, most studies focus on one dimension of food security, i.e., food availability. ...
- Promotion of the off-season vegetable value chain in India
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal 2015
- The Kailash Sacred Landscape Conservation and Development Initiative (KSLCDI) includes remote portions of the Tibet Autonomous Region of China and contiguous areas of Nepal and India. The landscape is environmentally fragile and its p...
- India and Africa - collaboration for growth
- KPMG 2016
- The nature of Indias relationship with Africa is clearly evolving into a wider, deeper engagement that, while clearly in Indias advantage, also offers significant potential benefits to its African counterparts. This overvi...
- Child Underweight, Land Productivity and Public Services: A District-Level Analysis for India
- S.S. Vepa; B. Viswanathan; R. Parasar; R.V. Bhavani / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia 2016
- Though Indias rank has improved in the Global Hunger Index, contributed largely by the fall in the underweight rates for children, concerns of high level of undernutrition in predominantly agricultural pockets remain. This study...
- Prospects of Blue Economy in the Indian Ocean
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- The concept of Blue Economy is emerging as a new narrative on productive and sustainable engagement with the vast development opportunities that oceanic resources offer. The important sectors of Blue Economy are fisheries, sea-mineral...
- Science, technology, innovation in India and sccess, inclusion and equity: discourses, measurement and emerging challenges
- S. Chaturvedi; K.R. Srinivas; R. Rastogi / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- The role of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) in economic growth is well accepted. Tracing the debate on the role of science in Indian society in the pre-1947 India, the discourses and narratives on science, technology and soci...
- Agriculture and nutrition in India: mapping evidence to pathways
- S. Kadiyala; J. Harris; D. Headey / Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 2014
- In India, progress against undernutrition has been slow. Given its importance for income generation, improving diets, care practices, and maternal health, the agriculture sector is widely regarded as playing an important role in accel...