India and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The Future of rice security under climate change
- P.P.S. Teng; M. Caballero-Anthony; J.A. Lassa / Centre For Non-Traditional Security Studies 2016
- Food systems are climate and weather dependent; heat stress and changes in rainfall patterns and relative humidity are likely to regulate crop yields. Elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) are likely to directly and indirectly bring n...
- Child Under-weight and Agricultural Productivity in India: Implications for Public Provisioning and Women’s Agency
- S.S. Vepa; B. Viswanathan; R.V. Bhavani; R. Parasar / Review of Radical Political Economics 2015
- The well-known pathways that link agriculture to child nutrition are food, quality of food, and care of feeding. Further, agricultural productivity growth contributes significantly to poverty reduction and reduction in child undernutr...
- India-Africa seed sector collaboration: emerging prospects and challenges
- T.P. Rajendran; A. Kumar / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- India-Africa seed sector has promises for improving trade with various African nations. This discussion paper analyses the external orientation of the Indian seed industry, institutional architecture for enabling trade of vege...
- Food price differences across Indian states: patterns and determinants
- A. Melchior / Norwegian Institute for International Affairs 2016
- The paper examines food price differences across Indian states during 2004-2014 using food consumer prices from household surveys and wholesale/retail prices for selected goods. At the individual product level there are large price di...
- Gender dimensions on farmers’ preferences for direct-seeded rice with drum seeder in India
- Md.T. Khan; A. Kishore; P.K. Joshi / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- Transplanting is the dominant mode of rice establishment in India. Transplanted rice requires more labour and water and emits more greenhouse gases into the environment than DSR. In the past, DSR was mainly practiced in areas with low...
- Benefits and costs of nitrogen fertilizer management for climate change mitigation: focus on India and Mexico
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- This report contributes to the project Financing Low Emissions Agriculture, led by the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS). The project aims to analyze financial options and gath...
- Adapting Agriculture Platforms for Nutrition: A Case Study of a Participatory, Video-Based Agricultural Extension Platform in India
- S. Kadiyala; E.H. Morgan; S. Cyriac; A. Margolies; T. Roopnaraine / PLoS ONE 2016
- Successful integration of nutrition interventions into large-scale development programmes from nutrition-relevant sectors, such as agriculture, can address critical underlying determinants of undernutrition and enhance the coverage an...
- Review of Agri-Food Value Chain Interventions Aimed at Enhancing Consumption of Nutritious Food by the Poor: India
- R. Parasar; R.V. Bhavani / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia 2016
- Efforts to give a pro-nutrition focus to agriculture to address the problem of undernutrition in developing countries have predominantly focused on boosting production and/or consumption of nutritious foods by farm households. While t...
- To farm or not to farm? Indian farmers in transition
- B. Agarwal; A. Agarwal / Global Development Institute, University of Manchester 2016
- Few studies of agrarian transition examine what farmers themselves feel about farming. Are they cultivating out of choice or a lack of options? What distinguishes farmers who like farming from t hose who do not: their personal and hou...
- Climate change and food security in India
- M. Chakrabarty / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2016
- Climate change has added to the enormity of India's food-security challenges. While the relationship between climate change and food security is complex, most studies focus on one dimension of food security, i.e., food availability. ...