Kenya and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Sustainable small ruminant breeding program for climate-smart villages in Kenya
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2015
- Improving productivity of sheep and goats (i.e. small ruminants- SR) under smallholder farming systems faced with challenges of unfavourable climatic events has been identified as one means of enhancing livelihoods of communities livi...
- Resilience and economic growth in arid lands – accelerated growth in Kenya mitigation co-benefits of herd size and feed quality management
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- REGAL-AG, a 5-year project implemented by ACDI/VOCA and funded under the Feed the Future (FTF) initiative, sought to increase economic growth in rural communities by improving competitiveness and inclusiveness in the livesto...
- Alliances for Religions and Conservations (ARC) “Faith Engagement in Climate Smart Agriculture and Sustainable Land Management in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
- P. Vedeld; C. J. Cavanagh; J. B. Aune / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2015
- This is a desk appraisal of the Alliances for Religions and Conservations (ARC) done for the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) by the Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Noragric, at the...
- Collective land access rights for enhancing smallholder livelihoods
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America 2015
- Land liberalisation policies and programmes based on giving individual property rights implemented in the last decades have not produced the expected results in improving rural peasant and/or native livelihoods in Andean and African c...
- Empowering drylands women
- Drylands Development Centre, UNDP 2014
- The Integrated Drylands Development Programme (IDDP) is a global UNDP initiative to promote sustainable development in the drylands, and advance the implementation of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification. This topic brief highl...
- Biotechnology innovation in Kenya: where are the smallholder farmers?
- K.O. Ogoro / Institute for Development Studies, University of Nairobi 2007
- This study investigates the role of small holder farmers amidst the intervention of other actors in biotechnology innovation in the maize sub-sector in Kenya. This research is a result of the challenges in understanding p...
- Embedding gender and diversity in the Plantwise Programme: overview of findings
- Evidence on Demand 2015
- It is widely assumed that women are not heavily engaged in agriculture, however data from around the world highlights the critical role that women play in agricultural production, especially in less-developed countries. In spite of th...
- Livelihood diversification and entrepreneurship: an analysis of production and marketing innovations in smallholder farming in a rural Kenyan district, Mbeere
- G.R. Njeru / Institute for Development Studies, University of Nairobi 2003
- This study investigates the dynamics of smallholder production and marketing innovations, against a background of farm-none-farm or rural-urban linkages, within the broader rural livelihood diversification paradigms. By establi...
- Private standards, small farmers and donor policy: EUREPGAP in Kenya
- J. Humphrey / Institute of Development Studies UK 2008
- Food safety has moved up the policy agenda in industrialised countries in recent years. Governments have tightened both product and process standards, and businesses have had to respond to ever more stringent public food safety standa...
- Governing modern agricultural biotechnology in Kenya: implications for food security
- H. Odame; P. Kameri-Mbote; D. Wafula / Institute of Development Studies UK 2003
- This report reviews governance issues of modern biotechnology. The study used two case studies of transgenic sweet potato and Bt maize to examine how governance issues influence household and national food security in the country. The...