Malawi and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Malawi summary of baseline studies: country report for the GFCS Adaptation Program in Africa
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2015
- This report reflects the summary of baseline findings in Malawi, under the auspices of the Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) Adaptation Programme in Africa. It identifies gaps in climate information access and use a...
- Training agricultural research & extension staff to produce and communicate agro-climatic information, to enhance the resilience and food security of farmers and pastoralists in Kiteto, Tanzania
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2017
- National Agricultural Extension Systems in ten districts in Tanzania and Malawi are receiving training in the production and use of climate services as part of a WFP-CCAFS joint activity within the GFCS Adaptation Programme in Africa....
- Vulnerability to climate change and adaptation strategies of local communities in Malawi: experiences of women fish-processing groups in the Lake Chilwa Basin
- H. Jørstad; C. Webersik / Earth System Dynamics 2016
- In recent years, research on climate change and human security has received much attention among policy makers and academia alike. Communities in the Global South that rely on an intact resource base and struggle with poverty,...
- Averting 'New Variant Famine' in Southern Africa: building food-secure livelihoods with AIDS-affected young people
- N. Ansell; E. Robson; L. van Blerk; F. Hajdu / Economic and Social Research Council, UK 2009
- Numerous reports have linked AIDS impacts on young people and their long term food insecurity, through, for instance, orphans failure to inherit property and resources; inability to retain rights to land which they are too...
- Africa's quest for food security: what is the role of urban agriculture?
- G. Arku / African Capacity Building Foundation 2012
- Urban agriculture is becoming increasingly significant as a source of household food, a trend that is closely linked to declining incomes of vulnerable urban households in the wake of neoliberal economic restructuring, high rates of u...
- Maize productivity and input subsidies in Malawi: a state-contingent stochastic production frontier approach
- S.T. Holden; C.J. O'Donnell / Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2015
- We make cross-sectional comparisons of productivity in a risky agricultural setting. To make meaningful comparisons, we find it necessary to define a new productivity index that satisfies important axioms from index number theory (e.g...
- Making networks work for policy: Evidence from agricultural technology adoption in Malawi
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2015
- Low productivity in agriculture and environmentally unsustainable farming challenges are pressing development challenges for many developing countries. Technologies that would minimize adverse environmental effects and increase long-t...
- Subsidies promote use of drought tolerant maize varieties despite variable yield performance under smallholder environments in Malawi
- S.T. Holden; M. Fisher / Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2015
- This study used a three-year panel dataset for 350 Malawian farm households to examine the potential for widespread adoption of drought tolerant (DT) maize varieties, a technology that holds considerable promise for helping smallholde...
- Gender review of selected programmes in the agriculture portfolio of the Norwegian Embassy in Malawi
- B. Maal / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2015
- In Malawi, the Global Hunger Index classifies the food security situation as “serious”. Lack of food security causes child undernutrition and child mortality. Levels of malnutrition are alarmingly high. About half of all c...
- Capacity building material for the realization of farmers rights in Malawi: farmers' rights related to plant genetic resources for food and agriculture in Malawi
- J.C. Posada / Development Fund, Norway 2015
- The capacity building material on Farmers’ Rights is framed within the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture. The International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, ...