Malawi and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The politics of seed in Africa's green revolution: alternative narratives and competing pathways
- I. Scoones; J. Thompson / Institute of Development Studies UK 2011
- As calls for a ‘uniquely African green revolution’ gain momentum, a focus on seeds and seed systems is rising up the agricultural policy agenda. Much of the debate stresses the technological or market dimensions, with subs...
- Qualitative research and analyses of the economic impacts of cash transfer programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa
- P. Pozarny; V. Barca; S. Brook / Food and Agriculture Organization Corporate Document Repository 2015
- This report synthesizes the analysis and findings of a set of six country case studies that explore the impact of cash transfer (CT) programmes on household economic decision-making and the local economy in sub-Saharan Africa. ...
- Food security in a climate perspective: what role could the private sector play regarding investment in smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia
- M.E. Bachke; R. Haug / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2014
- The purpose of this study is to discuss different ways of implementing the "Food Security in a Climate Perspective strategy 2013-15" in relation to support to private sector develo...
- Exchanging fertilizer for votes?
- N. B. Westberg / Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2015
- Several countries have made targeted input subsidy programs an integral part of their policies for improving food security. Given the programs' ofte centralized structure and targeting of private goods nation-wide, these may als...
- Delivering climate services for farmers and pastoralists through interactive radio
- K.J. Hampson / Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research 2014
- A scoping study to assess demand, opportunities and potential for the use of interactive radio to deliver climate services at scale for farmers and pastoralists was conducted by CCAFS in partnership with Farm Radio International in Ta...
- Case Study: Malawi’s agriculture, climate change and food security country analysis and programming recommendations
- N. Grist / Evidence on Demand 2015
- Agriculture is vital to Malawi, employing 80% of the workforce and producing nearly 35% of GDP. However, the food security and climate change situation of Malawi has become very unstable. This brief is a country case study of Malawi a...
- What climate services do farmers and pastoralists need in Tanzania?
- J.Y. Coulibaly / Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research 2015
- This report presents final findings from the baseline data collection exercise conducted for Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) Adaptation Programme in Africa. The GFCS programme, having a focus on agriculture, food security...
- South-south technology transfer low carbon building technologies: inception report
- Knowledge Partnership Programme 2014
- This high rate of urbanisation puts tremendous pressure on the entire building material sector. With constraints in supply of material both the quality of material (brick) and the application (house) has degrade d to an alarming exten...
- Can adoption of improved maize varieties help smallholder farmers adapt to drought? evidence from Malawi
- S.T. Holden; M. Fischer / Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2015
- This study used a three-year panel data set for 350 Malawian farm households to examine the potential for widespread adoption of drought tolerant (DT) maize varieties, a technology that holds considerable promise for helping smallhold...
- Input voucher study In Malawi, Mozambique And Zambia: final synthesis report
- Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Analysis Network 2007
- The input voucher study aimed to test the potential benefits of using a voucher system to integrate the commercial and non-commercial agricultural production input distribution channels while also providing targeted support to poor sm...