Brazil and Finance policy
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS finance collection
- Search for the latest finance-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The BRICS initiatives towards a new financial architecture: an assessment with some proposals
- S. Sen / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- It is heartening, the author of this paper argues, to observe that developing countries, led by China and other BRICS members have been successful to organise alternative sources of credit flows . aiming for financial stability, growt...
- The New Development Bank: Moving the BRICS from an acronym to an institution
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) is set to issue its first loans in the second quarter of 2016. The bank, the latest addition to the global development finance landscape, was initiated due to a number of factors in emerging econom...
- Social protection for sustainable development: dialogues between Africa and Brazil
- World Centre for Sustainable Development / RIO+ Centre 2016
- Social protection programmes are among the most successful development experiences the world has seen in recent years. They have proven to be key in developing countries efforts to fight poverty and hunger, as demonstrated by th...
- Social cash transfers and financial inclusion: evidence from four countries
- Consultative Group to Assist the Poorest 2012
- In a number of countries, two separate, but potentially complementary policy agendas have emerged in the past five years: governments have sought to increase the use of electronic means for government payments and to promote greater f...
- Work, family and public policy changes in Latin America: equity, maternalism and co-responsibility
- M. Blofield; J. Martínez / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2014
- Taking account of the substantial increase in female labour market participation that has occurred throughout the Latin American region, this article describes policies adopted with the aim of reconciling work and family responsibilit...
- The “State-of-the-Art” of sate-owned enterprises in Brazil
- International Budget Partnership 2014
- Public access to information on governmental budgets and spending is an important means of empowering civil society to actively participate in improving policy choices. Assessing budget transparency, however, is a complex task in the ...
- Drivers of regional integration: value chains, investment and new forms of co-operation
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- This collection of papers is a combined initiative of Economic Policy Forum (EPF) member think tanks and is the result of two round-table discussions under the Regional Integration research stream. The first event, ‘Dr...
- Ageing in emerging markets: Emerging Markets Symposium
- The Emerging Markets Symposium 2015
- The rise of emerging markets in the last half century has been associated with violent shifts in the tectonic plates of demography, economics and geography. There will be larger shifts in the next half century as emerging markets are ...
- The new Development Bank: identifying strategic and operational priorities
- Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- At the 2014 BRICS1 Summit held in July 2014 in Fortaleza, Brazil, the heads of the Amember states signed an agreement establishing a New Development Bank (NDB) that will finance infrastructure and sustainable development projects. The...
- Social technologies and public policies in Brazil
- F Veras Soare; P. Lara de Arruda 2015
- Tthe definition of Social Technologies (STs) encompasses aspects of innovation in the use of technologies, interaction with the community, and the potential to transform social realities and to be scaled up and replicated in oth...