Bangladesh and Food security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Climate change vulnerability - cases from CIRDAP member countries
- Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific 2016
- Countries of the Asia Pacific region are particularly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change as indicated by the global assessments by the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). This monograph focuses on...
- Prevalence and determinants of chronic malnutrition among preschool children: a cross-sectional study in Dhaka city, Bangladesh
- Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition 2011
- Chronic malnutrition is one of the major causes of morbidity and mortality among preschool children and the future productivity of nations. To understand the prevalence of chronic malnutrition and to identify the factors affecting hei...
- Nutrition of children and women in Bangladesh: trends and directions for the future
- Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition 2012
- Although child and maternal malnutrition has been reduced in Bangladesh, the prevalence of underweight (weight-for-age z-score <-2) among children aged less than five years is still high (41%). Nearly one-third of women are underno...
- Understanding adaptive capacity: sustainable livelihoods and food security in coastal Bangladesh
- H. Wright; P. Kristjanson; G. Bhatt / International Water Management Institute 2012
- This paper analyses data from a household-level survey of 980 agricultural and fishing households in seven sites across southern Bangladesh. We examine the relationship between assets, livelihood strategies, food security and farming ...
- The Last Straw? The additional burden of climate change on food security in the Himalaya | GRID-Arendal - Publications - The last straw
- GRID Arendal 2013
- The food price spikes of 2007–08 brought food security into sharp focus on the global agenda. Declines in international commodity markets, financial speculation in low cereal stocks, dramatic weather events, soaring oil prices, ...
- Transforming aquatic agricultural systems towards gender equality: a five country review
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research 2012
- Aquatic agricultural systems (AAS) are systems in which the annual production dynamics of freshwater and/or coastal ecosystems contribute significantly to total household income. Improving the livelihood security and wellbeing of the ...
- Feeding an urban world: a call to action
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs 2013
- This report focuses on the specific issue of urban food security, describing the demographic and environmental trends as well as food production and infrastructure challenges that impact supply and demand for food in urban areas. Befo...
- Squeezed: life in a time of food price volatility, year 1 results
- N. Hossain; R. King; A. Kelbert / Oxfam 2013
- Half a decade after the price spike of 2007-2008, food price volatility has become the new norm: people have come to expect food prices to rapidly rise and fall, though nobody knows by how much or when. So what does the accumulation o...
- The Hunger And Nutrition Commitment Index (HANCI 2012)
- D. te Lintelo; L. Haddad; R. Lakshman / Hunger and Nutrition Commitment Index 2013
- The 2012 HANCI report finds that low income countries like Malawi and Madagascar and lower middle income Guatemala, are leading the charge against hunger and undernutrition, whilst economic powerhouses such as India and Nigeria are fa...
- An Econometric Assessment of Household Food Security in Bangladesh
- R faridi 2010
- This paper investigates the determinants of household food security situation in Bangladesh. Different household characteristics seem to be strongly correlated with food security indicator which might be helpful in identifying the foo...