India and Food security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Climate change and food security in India
- M. Chakrabarty / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2016
- Climate change has added to the enormity of India's food-security challenges. While the relationship between climate change and food security is complex, most studies focus on one dimension of food security, i.e., food availability. ...
- Transforming state-citizen relations in food security schemes: the computerized ration card management system in Kerala
- S. Masiero / Centre for Development Studies, Kerala, India 2012
- This paper looks at the application of ICTs to the improvement of state-citizen relations in a developing country context. It argues that, to maximise responsiveness of the government, ICTs need to target the structural problems in st...
- Common futures: India and Africa in partnership
- Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- Africa with its 54 countries is over ten times the size of India but has roughly the same population -- just over one billion people. The demographic structures are also very similar. In India more than fifty percent of the population...
- HUNGaMA: Fighting hunger and malnutrition: The HUNGaMA Survey Report – 2011
- The HUNGaMA (Hunger and Malnutrition) Survey conducted across 112 rural districts of India in 2011 provides reliable estimates of child nutrition covering nearly 20 percent of Indian children. Its objective was to understand the curre...
- Website: Right to Food Campaign
- Right to Food Campaign, New Delhi 2015
- The new India’s Right to Food Campaign website was launched in March 2014 at the campaign’s fifth convention. It is an action-oriented website, with lots of action-oriented material on the right to food in India including ...
- Indo-US agricultural cooperation from "Green" to "Evergreen" Revolution?
- U. Purushothaman / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2011
- Trade between India and the US has grown exponentially since India adopted economic reforms in the 1990/91 period. There still remains a huge potential for increasing the bilateral trade. Defence-related trade, high-tech trade, agricu...
- Fostering synergy between health and ICDS for advancing child survival and development
- United Nations Children's Fund 2009
- Valsad district, in the state of Gujarat, undertook a process to synchronise the administration, jurisdiction and function of Health department and the Integrated Child Development Services Scheme (ICDS). Synchronisation refers to the...
- The effect of folic acid, protein energy and multiple micronutrient supplements in pregnancy on stillbirths
- A Imdad; M.Y Yakoob; Z.A Bhutta / BMC Public Health 2011
- Pregnancy is a state of increased requirement of macro- and micronutrients, and malnourishment or inadequate dietary intake before and during pregnancy, can lead to adverse perinatal outcomes including stillbirths. Many nutritional in...
- Effect of balanced protein energy supplementation during pregnancy on birth outcomes
- A Imdad; Z.A Bhutta / BMC Public Health 2011
- The nutritional status of the mother prior to and during pregnancy plays a vital role in foetal growth and development, and maternal undernourishment may lead to adverse perinatal outcomes including intrauterine growth restriction (IU...
- Measures, spatial profile and determinants of dietary diversity: evidence from India
- M. Das / Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, India 2014
- Food security policies in developing countries generally focus on calorie intake, which is not sufficient to tackle the triple burden of malnutrition: undernourishment, micronutrient deficiencies and over-nutrition. Consumption of a d...