India and Food security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Overcoming obstacles to women's empowerment within Indian ginger production
- C. Gurung; N. Gurung / International Development Research Centre 2006
- This paper explores strategies for involving women in the management and control of ginger production in India. The focus is on the social and gendered nature of ginger production, commercialisation and disease management. ...
- Community adaptive response and resilience to climate change
- M. Rondon / International Development Research Centre 2005
- In 2005, IDRC provided CA $1,000,000 to the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) to support a four-year research collaboration with TERI of India. These institutes will study the adaptation of agricultural commun...
- The relationship between public works programmes and food insecurity
- N. Ghosh; B. Guha-Khasnobis / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER) 2006
- This paper reviews the strategies and instruments in India that address household food insecurity. The paper also examines how far the existing public works programmes (PWP) target the households that are likely to be food insecure. I...
- Managing physical and spatial dimensions of a city
- O. Argenti; C. Marocchino / Agricultural Support Systems Division, FAO 2005
- This guide describes the principal activities of food supply and distribution systems (FSDSs) and suggests planning criteria for managing the physical and spatial dimensions of a city in order to improve the quantity, quality, variety...
- Corruption challenges Indian’s right to food
- G. Cheriyan / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER) 2006
- If production of food grains in India is ample, then why does India account for a third of the worlds hungry? This paper reviews initiatives by the Government of India to provide food security to its citizens, and it explores wh...
- Trends in cereal consumption in India and the likely impacts on food security
- S. Mittal / Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations 2006
- Over the past two decades, even the poor in India have shifted their consumption away from cereals towards other foods. What are the implications of this for Indias future food security? This study reviews trends in per capita c...
- Sharing lessons on national systems of food distribution
- Z. Zhang-Yue; W. Guanghua 2006
- What are the differences between the Public Distribution Systems (PDS) of foodgrains in India and China? This paper compares these two systems and how they have helped to improve national food security, food security of the general pu...
- Speeches by Southern leaders on the topic of hunger
- South Centre 2005
- This issue of the South Bulletin focuses on Hunger, with contributions from various Southern leaders including speeches from President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva of Brazil, President Hugo Chávez of Venezuela and President...
- Differing outcomes of food aid in Africa and Asia
- C. del Ninno; P. A Dorosh; K. Subarao / World Bank 2005
- This paper analyses the outcomes of food aid and food security in India, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Zambia. The research shows that there are large differences in the effectiveness of food aid in reducing long term dependence on food a...
- Right-to-food violations, India
- FIAN Norway 2005
- This advocacy group document confirms the violation of human rights in Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal, India. It specifically addresses abuses with regard to the right to adequate food. The report is based on information provide...