Zambia and Food security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The impact of an unconditional cash transfer on food security and nutrition: the Zambia child grant programme
- D. Seidenfeld / Institute of Development Studies UK 2014
- The Child Grant Programme is one of the Government of Zambia’s largest social protection programmes. The programme provides a monthly cash payment of 60 kwacha (US$12) to very poor households with children under five years old. ...
- Food security in a climate perspective: what role could the private sector play regarding investment in smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia
- M.E. Bachke; R. Haug / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2014
- The purpose of this study is to discuss different ways of implementing the "Food Security in a Climate Perspective strategy 2013-15" in relation to support to private sector develo...
- Food security and adaptation impacts of potential climate smart agricultural practices in Zambia
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2015
- This paper aims to provide insights into the interplay between food security outcomes and climatic variables, and provides policy implications for targeted interventions to improve the productivity and the resilience of smallholder ag...
- Wheat consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa: trends, drivers, and policy implications
- N.M. Mason; T.S. Jayne; B. Shiferaw / Food Security III Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University 2012
- Staple grain consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) is rising at the same time that the region is becoming more dependent on imported staples. This paper discusses the potential dilemmas posed by SSA’s increasing reliance on im...
- The Southern African sugar sector
- C. Wood / South African Institute of International Affairs 2013
- The sugar industry has the potential to play a key developmental role in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. The current paper illustrates that the sugar industry in Southern Africa is extensive, making up slight...
- Climate variability and gender: Emerging experiences from Western Zambia
- C. Lwando / Canadian Center of Science and Education 2013
- This paper uses Sesheke district in Western Zambia as a case study on climate variability and gender and relates it to how the livelihoods of natural resource dependent women and men have been affected. It reviews the participation of...
- Transforming aquatic agricultural systems towards gender equality: a five country review
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research 2012
- Aquatic agricultural systems (AAS) are systems in which the annual production dynamics of freshwater and/or coastal ecosystems contribute significantly to total household income. Improving the livelihood security and wellbeing of the ...
- Why women farmers are left out of the programs. Lessons learned. Evaluation of Norway's bilateral agricultural support to food security
- P. N. Sørensen / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2013
- Norway’s Bilateral Agricultural Support to Food Security 2005-2011 was reviewed in 2012-2013. This Lessons Learned document was prepared as a continuation of that review. Its purpose is to identify lessons learned regarding wome...
- Squeezed: life in a time of food price volatility, year 1 results
- N. Hossain; R. King; A. Kelbert / Oxfam 2013
- Half a decade after the price spike of 2007-2008, food price volatility has become the new norm: people have come to expect food prices to rapidly rise and fall, though nobody knows by how much or when. So what does the accumulation o...
- Evaluation of Norway’s Bilateral Agricultural Support to Food Security
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2013
- The purpose of this evaluation was to assess to what extent Norwegian funds for agriculture have contributed to food security, with a view to get recommendations for future support. The period under evaluation was 2005-201...