Bangladesh and Gender
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Search BRIDGE's database of gender-focused material
- The BLDS gender collection
Search for the latest gender-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Gender specific vulnerability in climate change and possible sustainable livelihoods of coastal people. a case from Bangladesh
- J. Garai / Journal of Integrated Coastal Zone Management 2016
- Gender differences in vulnerability to climate change related disaster is severe in Bangladesh. Like many other developing countries of the world, Bangladeshi women have limited access to resources and decision making power. T...
- Assessment of women’s livelihood needs in three eco-zones of Bangladesh
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women 2014
- Evidently women are more severely affected by climate change and natural disasters because of their social roles, discrimination and poverty. In rural Bangladesh they are specially vulnerable since they are highly dependent on local n...
- How do social protection and labour programmes contribute to social inclusion? Evidence from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- B. Babajanian; J. Hagen-Zanker; R. Holmes / Overseas Development Institute 2014
- Today, the positive effects of social protection and labour programmes on core dimensions of well- being such as food consumption and access to health and education are well-recognised. However, less is known about the ability of thes...
- Women's empowerment revisited : from individual to collective power among the export sector workers of Bangladesh
- N. Hossain 2012
- Bangladesh has become known as something of a success in advancing gender equality since the 1990s. There have been rapid gains in a number of social and economic domains, yet by most objective standards the current condition and stat...
- We do it ourselves: Nijera Kori and the struggle for economic and gender justice in Bangladesh', EMERGE Story of Change 2
- BRIDGE 2015
- This story of change pulls out the key findings and messages from EMERGE case study 2, which explores the work of Nijera Kori - a national social movement in Bangladesh fighting for economic and gender justice.
- We do it ourselves: Nijera Kori and the struggle for economic and gender justice in Bangladesh', EMERGE Case Study 2
- A Grieg; T Shahrokh; S Preetha / Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- Deep-rooted patriarchal systems uphold gender and class-based inequalities in Bangladesh, within which the issue of land distribution and use remains integral to the transformation of poverty for a large number of women and men. Nijer...
- Case studies: men, boys and gender equality
- Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- Produced as part of the second phase of the Engendering Men: Evidence on Routes to Gender Equality (EMERGE) project, these case studies illustrate key evidence based approaches and highlight evidence gaps in engaging men and boys...
- We can also make change: piloting participatory research with persons with disabilities and older people in Bangladesh
- HelpAge International 2015
- The aim of the research presented in this report was to understand better the experiences of social, political and economic exclusion of persons with disabilities and older people in Bangladesh from their own perspectives. A...
- Promoting productive gendered spaces for adapting to climatic stress: Two case studies from rural Bangladesh
- International Water Management Institute 2014
- Policy brief on supporting women to fulfill their potential as climate adaptation actors in Bangladesh. Climate stress is experienced differently by various groups and individuals based on several factors, including poverty and...
- Pathways of women's empowerment: building constituencies
- Pathways of Women's Empowerment / Pathways of Women's Empowerment RPC 2015
- This thematic portal examines how women engage with policy change, and the building of alliances and coalitions, to bring about accountability. It also contains information on how to create demand for, and dismantle obstacles to, wome...