Kenya and Gender
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Search BRIDGE's database of gender-focused material
- The BLDS gender collection
Search for the latest gender-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Gender approaches in climate compatible development: lessons from Kenya
- E. Nyukuri / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Gender is an important driver of vulnerability to climate risks, and a key factor to consider in developing effective policy responses to climate change and development challenges. In recent years, there have been a number of ...
- Violent extremism in Africa: public opinion from the Sahel, Lake Chad, and the Horn
- Afrobarometer 2016
- Over the past two decades, the threat posed by violent extremist groups that espouse fundamentalist religious narratives has grown substantially across Africa (Hallowanger, 2014). The colonial era and the undemocratic rule tha...
- Feminist Africa e-spaces:e-politics
- A. Mama (ed) / African Gender Institute, South Africa 2013
- Feminist Africa (FA) is a continental gender studies journal that provides a platform for intellectual and activist research, dialogue and strategy. Currently based in Cape Town, South Africa, FA is guided by a profound commitment to ...
- How does a national poverty programme influence sexual debut among Kenyan adolescents?
- S. Handa; T. Palermo; M. Rosenberg / Routledge Taylor and Francis Group 2016
- Cash transfer programmes have recently emerged as promising interventions for HIV prevention among adolescents in Africa. However, the precise mechanisms through which risk reduction occurs are not well understood. This report seeks t...
- Empowering drylands women
- Drylands Development Centre, UNDP 2014
- The Integrated Drylands Development Programme (IDDP) is a global UNDP initiative to promote sustainable development in the drylands, and advance the implementation of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification. This topic brief highl...
- Women as agents of change in water: reflections on experiences from the field
- A. Bouman-Dentener / UN Women 2015
- The Women for Water Partnership (WfWP) currently includes 26 women’s networks covering around 100 countries, predominantly in the developing world. This publication pays tribute to some of the work of women’s organisations...
- Women’s Rights Online: Translating Access into Empowerment
- This research, based on a survey of poor urban men and women across nine developing countries, found that while the majority of men and women own a mobile phone, women are still nearly 50% less likely to access the Internet than ...
- Conflict analysis of Kenya
- B. Rohwerder (ed) / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2015
- This report is based on ten days of desk-based research and provides a short synthesis of the literature on the conflicts and violence in Kenya. Kenya is a large multi-ethnic country, with over 40 different ethnic groups and many over...
- Vocational education in Kenya - a randomized evaluation
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2015
- Despite the importance of youth unemployment, little is known about how best to facilitate the transition of youth from school to the labor market in less developed countries, or how to provide marketable skills for youth not on the a...
- Age and gender effects on time discounting in a large scale cash transfer programme
- Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- Inter-temporal choice represents one of the most fascinating topics in economics. Understanding its determinants can provide vital in sight into decisions ranging from savings and financial investment to smoking, obesity and human cap...