China and Globalisation
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Emerging powers and the changing global environment: leadership, norms and institutions
- M. Qobo / South African Institute of International Affairs 2011
- The rise of economically influential countries from the developing world is still a relatively new area of research, which is receiving increasing focus from international business actors, foreign policymakers and international relati...
- Seen, heard and counted: rethinking care in a development context
- S. Razavi (ed) / Development and Change Journal 2012
- This is a diverse collection of contributions covering various aspects of care from around the world, from Chinese women’s burdens under economic reform, to the political and social organisation of childcare in Argentina. Razavi...
- Another BRIC in the wall? South Africa's developmental impact and contradictory rise in Africa and beyond
- P. Carmody 2012
- Globalisation is transforming the nature of authority in international relations, as hegemony is replaced by geo-governance, involving a more varied set of actors. However, private authority over markets and resources is still often c...
- Competition and cooperation between Europe and China in the wind power sector
- R. Lema / Climate Change and Disasters Group, Institute of Development Studies, Sussex, UK 2011
- This paper uses a value chain lens to examine the prospects for competition and cooperation between Europe and China in the global wind power sector. Drawing on insights from fieldwork conducted in 2010, combined with secondary indust...
- Trilateral development cooperation between the European Union, China and Africa: what prospects for South Africa?
- A. K. Stahl / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2012
- This discussion paper aims at advancing the debate around trilateral development cooperation between the European Union (EU), China and Africa. The discussion on trilateral development cooperation between these three actors considers ...
- Embracing the dragon: African policy responses for engaging China and enhancing regional integration
- E. N. Munyi / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2011
- This paper seeks to shift focus from the debate on the pros and cons of China-Africa relations to arguing that time is auspicious for Africa to develop common policy measures to manage China and making provisional policy proposals on ...
- The understanding and practice of development in China and the European Union
- F. Urban / Institute of Development Studies UK 2011
- Chinas role in international development rose to prominence in the mid-2000s, when new Chinese actors began engaging in public and private activities in the global South. This has implications for low income countries for which ...
- The developmental impact of Asian drivers on Ethiopia with emphasis on small-scale footwear producers
- T. Gebre-Egziabher / Wiley Online Library 2009
- This paper examines the developmental impact of China and India on Ethiopia by examining macro-level trade, investment and aid relations, and micro-level impacts on local small-scale footwear producers in Ethiopia. Both secondary and ...
- Rising powers, reforming challenges: negotiating agriculture in the WTO Doha Round from a Brazilian perspective
- B. Baracuhy / Centre for Rising Powers, University of Cambridge 2011
- This article examines the history of the WTO Doha Round agriculture negotiations from 2001 to 2011 in light of the shifting global balance of economic power. It shows that the rise of China, Brazil and India, among other developing co...
- The Electric Car Battery - Sustainability in the Supply Chain
- T. Steinweg / Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations 2011
- This report aims to provide an initial overview of the supply chain of electric car batteries, and to answer the following research question: What effect does the growing demand for electric vehicles have on the social and environment...