Bangladesh and Manuals
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Efficiency analysis of classroom infrastructure for primary education in Bangladesh
- Evidence on Demand 2014
- The Directorate of Primary Education in Bangladesh, under the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, is implementing the Third Primary Education Development Programme (PEDP 3) from July 2011 over a period of 5 years. This ...
- Developing financeable NAMAs: a practitioner’s guide
- D. Sawyer / International Institute for Sustainable Development 2013
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) are fast becoming the climate finance vehicle of choice to help developing countries transition to low carbon, climate resilient futures. Developing countries, their development partne...
- Toolkit for integrating disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and ecosystem management in south Asia
- S. Miththapala; V. Sawarkar; P. Krishnan; M. M. Ariyabandu / United Nations Development Programme 2012
- This comprehensive toolkit, jointly produced by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India and the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) Asia Pacific Secretariat, seeks to provide strategies for integra...
- A Guideline for Environmentally and Socially Responsible Business Practices in the Financial Sector
- A Raihan / Development Research Network 2007
- Environmentally and socially responsible businesses are closely related to corporate governance which in turn concentrates in providing a balance between economic and social goals to promote and support the proficient use of resources...
- Good practice guide to improve maternal and newborn health
- Women and Children First (UK) 2011
- This good practice guide, based on the experience of a project in India and Bangladesh called Saving Mothers and Children, describes an approach that has the potential to reduce maternal and newborn deaths, and to address other health...
- Tools for conducting participatory discussions on gender equity in Bangladesh
- AFM. Amir Uddin; A. Khanom; M. Boss; et al. / Intercooperation Bangladesh 2009
- These guidelines have been prepared as a tool for conducting participatory discussion and analysis on the social position and condition of men and women within the context of the Union Parishad (UP) regional structure in Banglade...
- Technology-based non structural measures for managing floods
- A.B. Shrestha / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal 2008
- Frequent flash floods in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan region pose a severe threat to life, livelihoods and infrastructure, both within the mountains and downstream. They tend to carry with them much higher amounts of debris which can caus...
- Community-based approaches to flash flood risk management
- A.B. Shrestha; S.H. Shah; R. Karim / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal 2008
- Frequent flash floods in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan region pose a severe threat to life, livelihoods and infrastructure, both within the mountains and downstream. Vulnerable groups, including people with disabilities, the poor, women an...
- Assessing local governance in Bangladesh
- M. Boss; N. Hasan; P. Tripura / Intercooperation Bangladesh 2009
- Local government promises to be more responsive to people's demands, more effective in service delivery and more accountable when citizens participate in local governance. This can be achieved through public meetings, grievance p...
- Gender, education and media – an advocacy guide
- Oxfam 2008
- Nationally, regionally and internationally millions of individuals and thousands of civil society groups and organisations are campaigning for quality education for all. This guide draws on learning from two “Gender, Education a...