Kenya and Manuals
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- State–civil society relations: the potential contribution of the African Peer Review Mechanism
- T. Petlane / South African Institute of International Affairs 2013
- The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is Africa’s home-grown governance promotion and monitoring tool. It has made one of its priorities the involvement of civil society organisations (CSOs) in the assessment of national init...
- Developing financeable NAMAs: a practitioner’s guide
- D. Sawyer / International Institute for Sustainable Development 2013
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) are fast becoming the climate finance vehicle of choice to help developing countries transition to low carbon, climate resilient futures. Developing countries, their development partne...
- A toolkit to assess proposed benefit sharing and revenue distribution schemes of community REDD+ projects
- D. Mwayafu / REDD-net 2012
- This toolkit aims to strengthen the ability of community-based institutions to address REDD+ issues, with benefit sharing being a key feature in the design of equitable REDD+ policies and projects at both national and community levels...
- An introductory guide to understanding and fighting corruption
- V. Kodongo (ed) / Africa Youth Trust 2009
- What impact can Kenya’s youth have on corruption? This guide aims to bring together a unified understanding of what corruption is and takes a look at measures to fight it. In this publication, the Youth is considered as those ag...
- Conducting social audits on the Kenyan Constituency Development Fund
- W. Gikonyo / Affiliated Network for Social Accountability 2009
- A social audit seeks to evaluate how well public resources are being used and how to improve performance and aims to ensure maximum community participation in this process. The Constituency Development Fund (CDF) was introduced i...
- Training health NGOs to work effectively with the media
- M. Malan / Internews 2008
- This manual is intended to help train non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working in HIV-related fields and People Living with HIV (PLHIV) Networks on how to work effectively with the media. The manual consists of ...
- Gender, education and media – an advocacy guide
- Oxfam 2008
- Nationally, regionally and internationally millions of individuals and thousands of civil society groups and organisations are campaigning for quality education for all. This guide draws on learning from two “Gender, Education a...
- Security ,Stability and Development- a guide for the Great Lakes Pact
- D. Clancy; O. Bueno (ed); K. Ridderbos (ed) / Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre 2008
- The Great Lakes region has one of the largest displaced populations in the whole world with about two million refugees and ten million IDPs. Most of these displacements are due to violent conflict. To address these issues, t...
- Making the most of community based worker systems for effective service delivery
- P. Mbullu / The African Institute for Community-Driven Development (Khanya-aicdd) 2007
- Many communities in Africa are largely dependent on services provided by local people rather than by external agencies, including government. Such services include traditional birth attendants, traditional healers, farmer to farmer ex...