South Africa and Manuals
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Tsima community mobilisation materials
- Sonke Gender Justice Network 2016
- This three part package of materials comprising of a handbook, workshop manual, and toolkit, are designed to support community mobilisation activities around the issue of treatment as prevention. The materials were produced to support...
- One youth can: facilitator's guide and workbook
- Sonke Gender Justice Network 2016
- South Africa has amongst the highest levels of domestic violence and rape of any country in the world. Research conducted by the Medical Research Council in 2004 shows that every six hours, a woman is killed by her intimate partner. T...
- Tiyani Vavasati: empowerment and financial education intervention
- Sonke Gender Justice Network 2015
- Specifically aimed at females between the ages of 18-24 years-old, this training manual was produced to guide a series of training sessions which were designed to empower young women. Part of a Sonke Gender Justice project implemented...
- Mobilising a response to HIV, gender, youth and gender-based violence in South Africa: a toolkit for trainers and programme implementers
- US Agency for International Development 2015
- This toolkit was produced as part of the Sexual HIV Prevention Project (SHIPP) to support in-house training on gender, HIV, youth, and community mobilisation for programme implementers working on HIV and gender-based violence (GBV) pr...
- A cluster randomized-controlled trial of a community mobilization intervention to change gender norms and reduce HIV risk in rural South Africa - Sonke Gender Justice
- A Pettifor / BMC Public Health 2015
- This paper describes the intervention design and implementation and presents the baseline findings of a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT) of a two-year, theory-based community-mobilisation intervention that aimed to change gen...
- State–civil society relations: the potential contribution of the African Peer Review Mechanism
- T. Petlane / South African Institute of International Affairs 2013
- Mapping your online media strategy - a guide for nonprofits
- Non-profit Network 2013
- This ebook offers a guide through the process of choosing social media platforms and developing an effective online media strategy. It provides an overview of few popular social media channels in South Africa and how they work, so tha...
- Working paper identifying and promoting best practice in national low carbon growth plans
- This working paper summarises output from Project Catalyst, an initiative of the ClimateWorks Foundation, aimed at providing analytical support for the UNFCCC negotiations on a post-Kyoto international climate agreement. It seeks to s...
- Ensuring a professional and consistent writing style across an organisation
- Institute for Democracy in South Africa 2009
- Inconsistencies, misspellings and misuse of words and expressions can give a bad impression of piece of written work. This may even result in the work not being viewed as being professionally and competently produced. This is why it i...
- Participatory approaches to integrated risk management
- A. Holloway; R. Roomaney / PreventionWeb 2008
- Residents of informal settlements often bear the brunt of extreme weather and associated flooding. This guide is intended to strengthen participatory risk assessment capabilities for a wide range of municipal and development professio...