Bangladesh and Migration
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The micro level impact of foreign remittances on incomes in Bangladesh: a measurement approach using the propensity score
- Centre for Policy Dialogue, Bangladesh 2008
- The importance of foreign remittances in the economy of Bangladesh is widely recognised and requires little reiteration. Along with the readymade garment (RMG) sector and non-farm activities in the agricultural sector, remittances hav...
- Examining the impact of climate change on migration through the agricultural Channel: evidence from district level panel data from Bangladesh
- K. Iqbal; P.K. Roy / South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics 2014
- This paper studies how changes in climatic variables such as temperature and rainfall impact migration through agriculture. The researchers use district level data for 3 inter-census periods to analyse historical migration related out...
- Climate and Development Outlook: Bangladesh Special Edition
- E. Gogoi; K. Kakakhel / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2014
- This bulletin features a range of recent results and learning from the Climate & Development Knowledge Network’s (CDKN’s) programme to strengthen climate resilient development in Bangladesh. CDKN is working with the Go...
- Behavior of Remittance Inflows and its Determinants in Banglades
- N Begum 2012
- At present, remittances play a crucial role in the economy of Bangladesh. At the macro level, it helps to relieve our foreign exchange constraint, stabilize the exchange rate movement, and improve the balance of payments. A comfortabl...
- The state of environmental migration 2011
- F. Gemenne / International Organization for Migration 2012
- This report is the second volume in an annual series, which aims to provide regular assessments on the changing nature and dynamics of environmental migration. This volume focuses on cross-border displacement and the securitisation of...
- Where the rain falls: climate change, food and livelihood security, and migration
- K. Warner / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2012
- This comparative study highlights that rainfall variability and food insecurity are key drivers for human mobility. The empirical research is based on eight country case studies, including a 1,300 household survey and participatory re...
- National Consultation on Institutional and Regulatory Reforms for Producing Nurses for Overseas Employment
- T Siddiqui / Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh 2012
- The main objective of this paper is to identify ways of creating a competitive edge for Bangladeshi nurses for both local and international markets. The specific objectives are; To create opportunity for increasing the number of and q...
- Factors of Migration in Urban Bangladesh: An Empirical Study of Poor Migrants in Rajshahi City
- K Farhana 2012
- This paper examines the factors of rural-urban migration in Bangladesh. It is found that the underlying cause of migration is mainly driven by economic and social factors i.e., unemployment, poverty, political and ethnic conflicts, re...
- Surviving Pattern of Women and Children Migrants in Urban Bangladesh
- K Farhana / Bangladesh Online Research Network 2010
- Migration is a relevant phenomenon with important implications at three different levels: local, regional and international. On the wider level, migration is tightly related with globalization and with the workflow of human resources ...
- Migration and living conditions in urban slums: implications for food security
- Unnayan Onneshan 2012
- Migration to urban areas is a regular phenomenon but climate induced displacement forced to migrate to cities over the recent years is a matter of concern. Increased frequency and severity of natural disasters by climate change over t...