Norway and Norway
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Investments in sustainable development: a comparative study on how the Nordic development finance institutions work with development impact in context of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Nordic Consulting Group 2016
- The four Nordic donor countries : Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark, all have a long history in the international landscape of development cooperation. In their official development aid (ODA), all four countries have an implemented ...
- Locating human-wildlife interactions: Landscape constructions and responses to large carnivore conservation in India and Norway
- S. Ghosal; K. Skogen; S. Krishnan / Conservation and Society 2015
- People's reactions to large carnivores take many forms, ranging from support and coexistence to resistance and conflict. While these reactions are the outcome of many different factors, in this paper we specifically explore the link b...
- Prepare for new environmental standards in the global textile value chain
- E. Stø; M.H. Austgulen 2013
- This paper reflects the outcome of a study about environmental standards and their trade impacts – the case of Indian textiles and clothes (T&C) eco-labels in Nordic markets. The paper highlights that there is a substantial ...
- Brazil’s Role in Environmental Governance: Analysis of Possibilities for Increased Brazil-Norway Cooperation
- A. H. Valberg / Fridtjof Nansen Institute 2011
- This report examines the role played by Brazil in connection with certain international negotiations, such as the climate negotiations and the CBD. It identifies the driving factors that have influenced environmental politics and stan...
- Review of existing REDD+ and non-REDD+ funds, and best practice for future REDD+ finance
- Global Witness 2012
- Funding forest protection in developing countries poses numerous financial risks, from inefficient allocation through to mismanagement of funds, misappropriation and corruption; detailed measures will be needed to ensure effective, tr...
- Wealth, Welfare and Sustainable Growth and Development: Challenges of Economic- and Fiscal Policies in Resource-Producing Countries
- M. Thorvald / Center for International Climate and Environmental Research, Oslo 2011
- For Resource-Producing countries (RPCs), there are two main challenges for economic management: How should economic- and fiscal policies be designed and executed efficiently to sustain growth and development in the face of exha...
- Norwegian contribution to clean energy solutions
- ECON Pöyry 2011
- This study provides a mapping of Norwegian CSOs working on energy and development issues in developing countries and an overview assessment of how the CSOs fit with the priorities of the Norwegian Government’s Clean Energy for D...
- Norwegian and Swedish child rights support in Mozambique
- K. Halvorsen (ed); C. Rosário (ed); M. Tuominen (ed) / Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency 2011
- Marking the 20th anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) commissioned a jo...
- Mapping study for evaluation of Norwegian support for human rights
- V. Bye (ed); R. Bezerra (ed); A.D. Disch (ed) / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2011
- Almost 10 billion kroner (approximately 1,8 billion US dollars) havebeen given to development cooperation to promote human rights over thepast decade. This Mapping Study is the first deliverable for the evaluation of Norway’s su...
- Norwegian promotion of international human rights
- V. Bye (ed); R. Bezerra (ed); A. Disch (ed) / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2011
- Is there a clear policy behind the Norwegian support to human rights? Is there a specific Norwegian profile in the support to human rights and what results have been achieved? The purpose of this evaluation, as set out in t...