Uganda and Norway
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Privatisation and its effects on the agricultural sector in Malawi, Mozambique and Uganda
- E. Sjaastad; R. Kaarhus; P. Vedeld / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2007
- This report assesses issues surrounding promotion of privatisation and liberalisation measures by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in the context of African primary production. It analyses the overall and distr...
- Assessment of existing Norwegian aid country programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
- A. Tostensen / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2006
- This study is an assessment of existing Norwegian aid country programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, on how they relate to East African regional ambitions, supplemented by information on other donors support for the East Afri...
- Norwegian involvement in environment and natural resource management in Uganda
- P. Vedeld; J. Acworth; I. Jørgensen / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2006
- This report is an assessment of possible elements in a new and expanded programme related to environment and natural resources in Uganda. The report includes an analysis of important forest and environmental resource sector ele...
- The role of the Buganda Kingdom in Ugandan politics
- C. Johannessen / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2006
- This article aims at providing a framework to understand the role of the Buganda kingdom in contemporary Ugandan politics, and more specifically how the Buganda question has influenced political debates in Uganda since its restoration...
- How efficient is GPS equipment in measuring land size?
- P. Schøning; J.B.M. Apuuli; E. Menyha; E.S.K. Muwanga-Zake / Statistics Norway 2005
- One of the most important factors for production of crop growing, raising livestock or any other farming activity, is land. The pattern of land-use usually varies by season or by different regions of a country. Thus, accurate data on ...
- Internal displacement and conflict in Uganda
- L. Hovil; M.C. Okello / Refugee Law Project, Uganda 2006
- In August 2003, the Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General (RSG) on internally displaced persons (IDPs) undertook an official visit to Uganda. This purpose of this visit was to establish an understanding of the situati...
- Grassroots' care for the disabled in Uganda
- J. Claussen; B. Kandyomunda; P. Jareg / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2005
- The Community Based Rehabilitation Programme (CBR) in Tororo district, Uganda aims to achieve full integration of disabled persons in the main streams of society by undertaking rehabilitation measures at community levels that use and ...
- Development of a statistical monitoring system
- B.K. Wold; S. Opdahl; E. Rauan; R. Johannessen; I.T. Olsen / Statistics Norway 2004
- The main aim of this report is to show how a statistical system for tracking resource and policy impact could be designed and implemented. The system presented is designed to provide easily obtainable statistical information for monit...
- Regional collaboration between Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania
- T. Nzioki Kibua; A. Tostensen / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2005
- The long history of collaboration between the three East African states of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, has been turbulent and has left both a positive and negative legacy. This legacy has a bearing on the contemporary dynamics of coll...
- Public-private sector partnership in the water sector, Uganda
- A.G. Koestler / Yme 2005
- While the UN-Water Decade and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) define the focus of both governments and nongovernmental organisations to improve the situation of many communities, new concepts and models for partnership have to...