Bangladesh and Participation
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Citizenship narratives in the absence of good governance: voices of the working poor in Bangladesh
- N. Kabeer; A.H. Kabir / Institute of Development Studies UK 2009
- The complex nature of the challenge posed by state–society relations to the realisation of citizenship rights in the poorer countries of the world reflects the incapacity or unwillingness on the part of the state to guarantee ba...
- Pathways of women's empowerment: building constituencies
- Pathways of Women's Empowerment / Pathways of Women's Empowerment RPC 2015
- This thematic portal examines how women engage with policy change, and the building of alliances and coalitions, to bring about accountability. It also contains information on how to create demand for, and dismantle obstacles to, wome...
- Learning social accountability together: civil society facilitated South-South cooperation in India, Bangladesh and Cambodia
- K.K. Bandyopadhyay / Civil Society & South-South Co-operation 2014
- Asian cities have been central drivers of Asia’s economic growth in the last few decades. However, a democratic deficit in many small and medium size Asian cities means municipalities fail to deliver key service provisions to ci...
- Who trusts others? Community and individual determinants of social capital in Bangladesh
- M.N. Asadullah / The Institute of Governance Studies 2013
- Trust amongst people in a society is considered by many to facilitate long-term growth, educational attainment, democratic stability and subjective well-being. A low institutional trust environment can undermine inter-personal trust i...
- Social change through the info lady experience
- This paper looks at the formation of groups and sustainability through an innovative model of ICT-based rural women's entrepeneurship in Bangladesh, known as the Info Lady Model. It looks at the selection and training of these Info La...
- Report on democratic decentralisation policy proposal handover ceremony by Governance Advocacy Forum (GAF)
- The report contains an event description of the platform Governance Advocacy Forum (GAF), established in 2007 aiming to promote democratic decentralisation and local self government through campaign and policy advocacy in Bangladesh. ...
- Public and Private Consumption in Bangladesh: An Empirical Assessment
- M Mahmud 2012
- The relationship between government and household consumption is one of the contentious issues in both theory and empirics although this has significant implications in fiscal policy. The empirical studies on the relationship between ...
- Peoples’ Participation in the Physical Planning Activities: A Case Study of Khulna Development Authority
- S Ahmed 2009
- In contemporary world, community participation is considered as the prerequisite of sustainable urban development. It ranges from just informing people about the plan or development projects by the people. However, public participatio...
- Sociological Approach to Research on Religion: Bangladesh Perspectives
- K Saaduddin / Bangladesh e-Journal of Sociology 2011
- After brief comments on the launching of the Department of World Religions in the University of Dhaka, this paper reviews concisely the contributions of significant sociologists to comparative academic study of religion, in some cases...
- Living on a Spike
- N Hossain / Oxfam 2011
- The human face of global food price rises is often missing amongst the abstract discussions of macro-economic trends and global food price indices. In order to understand the impact of the rise in global food prices through much of 20...