Zimbabwe and Participation
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The role of community conversations in facilitating local HIV competence: case study from rural Zimbabwe
- BMC Public Health 2013
- This journal article examines the potential of using community conversations to strengthen positive responses to HIV in resource-poor environments. Guided by a facilitator, community members collectively identify local strengths and c...
- Feminist Africa e-spaces:e-politics
- A. Mama (ed) / African Gender Institute, South Africa 2013
- Feminist Africa (FA) is a continental gender studies journal that provides a platform for intellectual and activist research, dialogue and strategy. Currently based in Cape Town, South Africa, FA is guided by a profound commitment to ...
- Technologies and power dynamics in women's public and private spaces
- F. Machirori / Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa 2014
- In 2012, trained journalist and blogger Fungai Machirori established Her Zimbabwe, the country’s first web-based platform for women. Machirori is also a contributor to other platforms, such as the Mail and Guardian’s &lsqu...
- Deliberate disengagement: How education decreases political participation in electoral authoritarian regimes
- Afrobarometer 2015
- A large literature examining advanced and consolidating democracies suggests that education increases political participation. However, in electoral authoritarian regimes, educated voters may instead deliberately disengage. If educati...
- Final evaluation of the Regional Community Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM) Capacity Building Programme for Southern Africa
- A.M. Madzara; D.D.C. Mauambeta / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2014
- Background: This programme was established to address the challenges facing CBNRM in Southern Africa, such as policies which were not explicitly inclusive of communities in wildlife management and benefits; or, where there was po...
- Encouraging political participation in Africa, the potential of social media platforms
- A. Chatora / Institute for Security Studies 2012
- The popular protests in North Africa, dubbed the ‘Arab Spring’, have reignited debate on the role of social media in facilitating political participation and active citizenry engagement. The 2010/2011 popular protest...
- Building climate change adaptation on community experiences: lessons from community-based natural resource management in southern Africa
- N. Chishakwe / International Institute for Environment and Development 2012
- This publication examines how community based natural resource management (CBNRM) can inform and contribute to climate change adaptation at the community level, specifically to community based adaptation (CBA). It provides a framework...
- Understanding farmers’ concerns about the participatory process encourages sustained technology adoption in Zimbabwe
- T. Pedzisa; I. Minde; S. Twomlow / AgEcon Search 2010
- Participatory technology development has been used for quite some time, but little is known about how farmers perceive participatory methods and processes. This paper argues that understanding farmers’ concerns about the partici...
- Improving development assistance support to local organisations
- D. Satterthwaite; G. Sauter / International Institute for Environment and Development 2008
- This publication is one in a series of case studies that reviews the experiences of local organisations in development and environmental management . It also examines the different kinds of external funding that best supported their e...
- Tool for promoting treatment preparedness in HIV/AIDS communities
- S. Page; B. Gbaguidi; F. Nyakanda 2009
- Community learning processes are crucial to increasing resilience to HIV/AIDS in Africa’s remote rural areas. This paper describes experiences of using the “How to Live Positively” discovery-learning process to empow...