India and Poverty
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS poverty collection
- Search for the latest poverty-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Shame, social exclusion and the effectiveness of anti-poverty programmes
- R. Walker / Department for International Development, UK 2012
- A two year qualitative investigation of the nature and consequences of shame associated with poverty was conducted in seven settings located in rural Uganda and India; urban China, Pakistan, Korea and United Kingdom; and small town an...
- New knowledge on children and young people: a synthesis of evidence - summary paper
- R. Marcus; E. Page; J. Stephenson; D. Walker / Impact Initiative 2015
- Improving children and young peoples (CYP) wellbeing, and recognising the role they can play in creating a more sustainable world will be critical to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This timely report provides ...
- Pushed aside: displaced for "development" in India
- Nadine Walicki; Marita Swain / Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre 2016
- By providing a first-hand account of development projects and business activities that have caused displacement across India, this report documents and analyses the scale, process and impacts of this phenomenon. It contributes to the ...
- Aligning social protection and climate resilience: a case study of WBCIS and MGNREGA in Rajasthan
- International Institute for Environment and Development 2016
- Social protection and climate change programmes are two public policy responses that governments use to address the challenges of poverty, climate vulnerability and gender inequality. Social protection programmes provide a saf...
- MGNREGS in Odisha: the path
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme, ODISHA 2014
- Over the last eight years, the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) bas become an important instrument for equitable growth, livelihood support, gender parity and social security in the country. In ...
- ‘Tomorrow Will Not Be Like Yesterday ’ Sahariya Tribals emerge from the shadows
- P. Philipose / ActionAid International 2014
- This edition in the series of Critical Stories of Change presents the story of Sahariya tribals categorized as a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group (PVTG). They reside in contiguous areas of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Prade...
- Identifying livelihood promotion strategies for Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups under NRLM
- United Nations Development Programme 2012
- The National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), the flagship programme of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India (GoI), is keen to promote the development of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) on a priority ba...
- Statistical profile of scheduled tribes in India 2013
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs 2013
- The Government of India acknowledges the importance of a good database to deal with Scheduled Tribes affairs.This document contains information relating to some key characteristics pertaining to Scheduled Tribe population such a...
- Tribal profile at a glance 2014
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs 2014
- Statistical Profile of Scheduled Tribes. This is done through collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of data and information on various facets of tribals and their socio-economic development from different sources - C...
- Climate extremes and resilient poverty reduction
- E. Wilkinson; K. Peters / Overseas Development Institute 2015
- Building resilience to climate extremes and disasters will help ensure the success of global efforts to eliminate extreme poverty. Reaching and sustaining zero extreme poverty, the first of the SDGs, requires a collective effo...
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme, ODISHA (MGNREGS)
- This Society serves as an additional managerial and technical capacity to the Panchayati Raj Department, Government of Odisha for the implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in the State. The society will: Receive, manage and account for the funds received from the MoRD & State Government. Strengthen the technical/managerial capaci...
- IPE Global Centre for Knowledge & Development (IPE CKD)
- IPE Global Centre for Knowledge & Development (IPE CKD), is a dedicated entity promoted by IPE Global Limited for development research, dialogue, learning and innovation. Its purpose is to seek, develop and share innovative solutions to address the global challenges of development.