Kenya and Poverty
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS poverty collection
- Search for the latest poverty-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Provision of social protection services by non-state actors in Nyanza Region Kenya : assessing women empowerment
- A. Nzioki; W. Mwasiaji / Partnership for African Social and Governance Research 2015
- In Kenya, women are more likely than men to suffer poverty and its associated vulnerabilities, mainly because they are excluded from decision-making on economic issues, they have limited access to the factors of production, pa...
- Pro-Poor Access to Green Electricity in Kenya
- A. Pueyo / Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- Is Kenya on track to follow an electrification strategy that is green and pro-poor? What are the main challenges to following this path? The two questions guiding this study are particularly relevant in a country with exceptional rene...
- Identifying and tackling the social determinants of child malnutrition in urban informal settlements and slums: a cross national review of the evidence for action
- P. Pridmore / Institute of Education, University of London 2011
- Urbanisation can bring many benefits the rate of change but in many developing countries the rate of change has been so fast and so dramatic that many cities have been unable to cope. Rapid, unplanned urbanisation has led to widesprea...
- Social Protection for the elderly as a development strategy: a case study of Kenya's old persons cash transfer programme
- P. Mathiu; E.K. Mathiu / Instituto de Estudos Sociais e Económicos (IESE) 2016
- Kenya has made progressive investments in social protection forthe ageing, providing lessons and existing opportunities for similar programmes. In Kenya, there has been a paradigm shift from universal social protection schemes...
- Feminist Africa e-spaces:e-politics
- A. Mama (ed) / African Gender Institute, South Africa 2013
- Feminist Africa (FA) is a continental gender studies journal that provides a platform for intellectual and activist research, dialogue and strategy. Currently based in Cape Town, South Africa, FA is guided by a profound commitment to ...
- How does a national poverty programme influence sexual debut among Kenyan adolescents?
- S. Handa; T. Palermo; M. Rosenberg / Routledge Taylor and Francis Group 2016
- Cash transfer programmes have recently emerged as promising interventions for HIV prevention among adolescents in Africa. However, the precise mechanisms through which risk reduction occurs are not well understood. This report seeks t...
- Empowering drylands women
- Drylands Development Centre, UNDP 2014
- The Integrated Drylands Development Programme (IDDP) is a global UNDP initiative to promote sustainable development in the drylands, and advance the implementation of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification. This topic brief highl...
- Age and gender effects on time discounting in a large scale cash transfer programme
- Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- Inter-temporal choice represents one of the most fascinating topics in economics. Understanding its determinants can provide vital in sight into decisions ranging from savings and financial investment to smoking, obesity and human cap...
- Carbon intensification and poverty reduction in Kenya: lessons from the Kenya agricultural carbon project
- T. Tennigkeit; K. Solymosi; M. Seebauer; B. Lager 2012
- This paper focuses on the Kenya Agricultural Carbon Project, implemented by the NGO Vi Agroforestry, which is designing and implementing climate finance projects in the agricultural sector. It argues that this project is doing ...
- A role for innovation prizes to support adaptation to climate change?
- M. Marshall; L.O. Naess / Ideas to Impact 2015
- The aim of this paper is to examine the role of innovation prizes in supporting adaptation to climate change in the context of development, in view of two parallel trends: First, a growing interest in applying innovation prizes to int...