Mexico and Questioning development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Seen, heard and counted: rethinking care in a development context
- S. Razavi (ed) / Development and Change Journal 2012
- This is a diverse collection of contributions covering various aspects of care from around the world, from Chinese women’s burdens under economic reform, to the political and social organisation of childcare in Argentina. Razavi...
- How are conservation policies shaped by neoliberalism?: a collection of critical essays
- J. Igoe (ed); D. Brockington (ed) / Conservation and Society 2008
- The growing body of work on the 'neoliberalisation of nature' has paid little attention to conservation policy and its impacts. Similarly, studies of conservation have generally overlooked the broader context of neoliberalism. This la...
- Loss of natural assets in New Mexico has caused persistent poverty
- W. Coward / Polson Institute for Global Development at Cornell University 2001
- This article emphasises that society makes property and that when one society is displaced by another it often is the case that existing property arrangements are recast to favor the newcomers and disadvantage the former inhabitants. ...