South Africa and Questioning development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Seen, heard and counted: rethinking care in a development context
- S. Razavi (ed) / Development and Change Journal 2012
- This is a diverse collection of contributions covering various aspects of care from around the world, from Chinese women’s burdens under economic reform, to the political and social organisation of childcare in Argentina. Razavi...
- What next for the BRICS Bank?
- N. Watson; M. Younis; S. Spratt / Institute of Development Studies UK 2013
- A new development bank to be created by the ‘Rising Powers’ of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) is intended to promote greater cooperation between developing countries, and address what is seen by many...
- How does conflation of corporate and economic governance affect development?
- P Mohamed / Global Policy Innovations Program 2007
- This paper argues that important aspects of corporate governance and economic governance have become confused and conflated in the minds of government policy makers. Focussing on the case of South Africa, it also argues that the mains...
- How are conservation policies shaped by neoliberalism?: a collection of critical essays
- J. Igoe (ed); D. Brockington (ed) / Conservation and Society 2008
- The growing body of work on the 'neoliberalisation of nature' has paid little attention to conservation policy and its impacts. Similarly, studies of conservation have generally overlooked the broader context of neoliberalism. This la...
- Evaluating the seven African success stories
- R.I. Rotberg / John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University 2007
- This paper evaluates the seven presumed African success stories: Botswana, South Africa, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania, Mozambique and Uganda. It gives a detailed analysis of the economic, political, governance and human development scenari...