Bangladesh and Research to policy
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Researching the politics of service provision: a new conceptual and methodological approach
- K. Pruce / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2014
- Although politics is seen as critical in shaping the quality of service provision in developing countries, this recognition has yet to be integrated within a conceptual frameworks that shape research. The current paper indicates that ...
- Researching the political economy determinants of economic growth: a new conceptual and methodological approach
- Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2014
- The large existing literature on the determinants of economic growth has traditionally focused on understanding its proximate determinants, with an increasing interest in the role of institutions. A very recent literature now recognis...
- Thinking about the politics of inclusive development: towards a relational approach
- S. Hickey / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- This paper indicates that a range of conceptual approaches have recently emerged within international development literature that seek to capture the specific ways in which politics shapes development. The paper critically assesses wh...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- The politics of what works in service delivery: an evidence-based review
- C. Mcloughlin; R. Batley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This paper examines the evidence on the forms of politics likely to promote inclusive social provisioning and enable, as opposed to constrain, improvements in service outcomes. The paper focuses particularly on eight relatively succes...
- The politics of what works for the poor in public expenditure and taxation: a review
- P. Mosley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This paper examines the questions of which fiscal (public expenditure and taxation) options work in terms of poverty reduction, and how they can be made implementable in practice. The point of departure of the analysis is that althoug...
- Can aid bureaucracies think politically?: the administrative challenges of political economy analysis (PEA) in DFID and the World Bank
- P. Yanguas; D. Hulme / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2014
- The basic aim of all forms of political economy analysis (PEA) is to improve rates of project success through better diagnostics of reform challenges and operating environments. However, even though all aid donors have some personnel ...
- Pathways of women's empowerment: building constituencies
- Pathways of Women's Empowerment / Pathways of Women's Empowerment RPC 2015
- This thematic portal examines how women engage with policy change, and the building of alliances and coalitions, to bring about accountability. It also contains information on how to create demand for, and dismantle obstacles to, wome...
- Impact of monetary policy changes in a semi-global economy: evidence from Bangladesh
- S. Younus 2009
- TheÂ studyÂ examinesÂ theÂ impactÂ ofÂ changesÂ inÂ monetaryÂ policyÂ inÂ Bangladesh.Â Specifically,&A...
- Cyclical Behaviour of Macroeconomic Policies and Capital Flows: A Study of Asian Countries
- N Khan 2011
- This paper examines cyclicality in fiscal and monetary policies including capital flows in 28 Asian countries and explains the cyclicality of fiscal policy by considering the effects of corruption and democracy. The paper analyses the...