India and Research to policy
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Researching the political economy determinants of economic growth: a new conceptual and methodological approach
- Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2014
- The large existing literature on the determinants of economic growth has traditionally focused on understanding its proximate determinants, with an increasing interest in the role of institutions. A very recent literature now recognis...
- Thinking about the politics of inclusive development: towards a relational approach
- S. Hickey / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- This paper indicates that a range of conceptual approaches have recently emerged within international development literature that seek to capture the specific ways in which politics shapes development. The paper critically assesses wh...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- The politics of what works in service delivery: an evidence-based review
- C. Mcloughlin; R. Batley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This paper examines the evidence on the forms of politics likely to promote inclusive social provisioning and enable, as opposed to constrain, improvements in service outcomes. The paper focuses particularly on eight relatively succes...
- Measurement and evolution of state capacity: exploring a lesser known aspect of governance
- A. Savoia; K. Sen / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- State capacity can be defined as the institutional capability of the state to carry out various policies that deliver benefits and services to households and firms. This paper offers an overview of the strengths and limitations in cur...
- The politics of what works for the poor in public expenditure and taxation: a review
- P. Mosley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This paper examines the questions of which fiscal (public expenditure and taxation) options work in terms of poverty reduction, and how they can be made implementable in practice. The point of departure of the analysis is that althoug...
- Methods in governance research: a review of research approaches
- L. Sáez / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- The literature relating to the relationship between governance and inclusive growth does not appear to have reached convergence towards a preferred methodological approach. The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the strengths and we...
- The R&D scenario in Indian pharmaceutical industry
- R.K Joseph / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2011
- A set of policy reforms have been introduced in the Indian pharmaceutical sector since mid-1990s, aimed at incentivizing the private sector research and development (R&D). Patent reforms was the most significant policy reform. An ...
- Nanotechnology development in India: an overview
- A Kumar / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2014
- Nanotechnology has been heralded as a revolutionary technology by many scholars worldwide. Being an enabling technology, it has the potential to open up new vistas in the field of Research and Development (R&D) in various multiple...
- Defence reforms and national security: managing threats and challenges to India
- B.G. Kanwal / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2011
- Among the world’s major democracies India faces the most complex threats and challenges spanning the full spectrum of conflict from nuclear to sub-conventional. Unresolved territorial disputes with China and Pakistan, insurgenci...
- IPE Global Centre for Knowledge & Development (IPE CKD)
- IPE Global Centre for Knowledge & Development (IPE CKD), is a dedicated entity promoted by IPE Global Limited for development research, dialogue, learning and innovation. Its purpose is to seek, develop and share innovative solutions to address the global challenges of development.