South Africa and Research to policy
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Communicating research to policymakers: researchers' experiences
- M. Lee; K. Belohlav / Population Reference Bureau 2016
- Policymakers and advocates agree that using evidence to inform decisions is essential for good policymaking and program design, given that limited resources require decisionmakers to allocate budgets effectively. Recognizing these iss...
- From natural resource dependence to diversified economies: an agenda for future research
- R. Harvey / South African Institute of International Affairs 2014
- This policy note aims to outline potential future directions for research on natural resource governance in Africa, with specific focus on the extraction of minerals and hydrocarbons. The document highlights that the correlatio...
- Researching the politics of service provision: a new conceptual and methodological approach
- K. Pruce / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2014
- Although politics is seen as critical in shaping the quality of service provision in developing countries, this recognition has yet to be integrated within a conceptual frameworks that shape research. The current paper indicates that ...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- MRV across multi-level governance: national, provincial & municipal institutions in South Africa
- A. Boyd / Energy Research Centre, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2012
- This case study focuses on how sub-national level government in South Africa are engaging with monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) of climate projects. Interviews and stakeholder consultations have provided insight into ...
- From privatisation to corporatisation and the need for a counter-strategy
- J. E. Magdahl / Association for International Water Studies, Norway 2012
- This report explores the development from privatisation to corporatisation within neoliberal policy on urban water services in developing countries. The findings call for the water justice movement to update and adjust its strategy, i...
- Review of low carbon growth studies and a framework for implementation for developing countries
- Energy Sector Management Assistance Programme [World Bank / UNDP] 2009
- This document is a review of the low carbon growth studies conducted in six emerging economies: Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico and South Africa. These countries, with the help of the Energy Sector Management Assistance Progra...
- Paper exploring the possibility of standard practices to climate change policy
- S. A. Mason-Case; L. del Villar; D. Olawuyi; B. Mayer / International Development Law Organisation 2011
- This paper highlights the challenges that governments face in implementing their international climate change policy commitments and the means to addressing these challenges. The authors note that international action on climate chang...
- Working paper identifying and promoting best practice in national low carbon growth plans
- This working paper summarises output from Project Catalyst, an initiative of the ClimateWorks Foundation, aimed at providing analytical support for the UNFCCC negotiations on a post-Kyoto international climate agreement. It seeks to s...
- Experiences from sexual and reproductive health, HIV and AIDS
- Knowledge Services, IDS 2009
- The true test of the effectiveness of health and development research is whether people use it – for decision-making, influencing, referencing, or most importantly, to bring about change. Development actors are paying...