China and Statistics
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- China's development finance to Africa: a media based approach to data collection
- Center for Global Development, USA 2013
- How big is Chinas aid to Africa? Does it complement or undermine the efforts of traditional donors? China releases little information, and outside estimates of the size and nature of Chinese aid vary widely. In an effort to over...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Gender patterns and value of unpaid work: findings from China's first large-scale time use survey
- X. Dong; X. An / United Nations Research Institute for Social Development 2012
- In 2008, the first large-scale time-use survey (TUS) was carried out across China. This paper, produced by the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development, analyses the TUS data collected, describing the gender patterns a...
- Problems in measurements of growth and inequality
- A. Deaton / United Nations [UN] Statistics Division 2003
- This paper empirically explores the contradictions and inadequacies of measurements of growth and inequality between national accounts and surveys. It explores the reasons as to why there is divergence of results from national account...
- Developing an urban poverty profile for China
- A. Hussain / International Labour Organization 2003
- Official figures put the number of urban poor in China at 14 million. This paper compares these figures to an analysis based on provincial poverty lines calculated according to best international practice from the NSB urban household ...
- China County-Level Data on Population (1990 Census) and Agriculture, Keyed to 1:1M GIS Map
- China Dimensions 1999
- Agricultural statistics for China, 1949-1990
- China Dimensions 1999
- Water pollution abatement by Chinese industry : cost estimates and policy implications / Susmita Dasgupta ... [et al.]
- Susmita Dasgupta / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank 1996
- Data on pollution abatement costs in Chinese industry suggest that the benefits of stricter discharge standards should be weighed carefully against the costs. China's current regulatory system provides an economic incentive to abate b...
- Pricing industrial pollution in China : an econometric analysis of the levy system
- Hua Wang; David Wheeler / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank 1996
- An analysis of provincial water pollution control shows that China's pollution levy system has been working much better than is commonly believed. Wang and Wheeler analyze China's experience with the water pollution levy, an em...
- Citizen complaints as environmental indicators : evidence from China
- Susmita Dasgupta; David Wheeler / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank 1997
- China's experience shows the problem of relying on citizen complaints for guidance in addressing pollution monitoring resources are scarce. Visible pollutants get too much attention and communities with low levels of literacy get too ...