Ghana and Statistics
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Data collection and statistical analysis: findings on the capacity of African Education Ministries
- S. Bodo / Association for the Development of Education in Africa 2007
- This report presents the results of a survey to gauge the capacity levels of Anglophone African Education Ministries’ statistics offices. It presents information provided by statisticians, planners and computer specialists from ...
- Ghana Country Assistance Review: A study in Development Effectiveness
- Operations Evaluations Division, World Bank 1995
- Bank assistance was generally effective in helping Ghana make considerable economic progress over the past decade. But this progress cannot be sustained unless (a) the implementation of a large unfinished agenda of adjustment is accel...
- Population trends: Ghana
- International Programs Center, Population Division of the U.S. Bureau of the Census 1996
- The impact of minimum wage legislation in developing countries where coverage is incomplete
- Patricia Jones / Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford 1998
- Examines the impact of minimum wage legislation in developing countries where coverage is incomplete. Using a rich data set from Ghana, it estimates the extent to which a binding minimum wage alters employment in both the formal...
- Enterprise performance and the functional diversity of social capital
- Abigail Barr / Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford 1998
- Entrepreneurial networks are multifunctional; they can be used to access information about technologies and markets or to reduce uncertainties. A network's function affects its structure and both the magnitude and nature of the ...
- The effects of regime-switching uncertainty on irreversible investment decisions
- Catherine Pattillo / Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford 1996
- Investment in Africa's manufacturing sector : a four country panel data analysis
- Arne Bigsten / Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford 1997
- Firm-level data for the manufacturing sector in Africa, presented in this paper, shows very low levels of investment. A positive effect from profits onto investment is identified in a flexible accelerator specification of the investme...
- Real wages and the demand for skilled and unskilled male labour in Ghana's manufacturing sector : 1991-1995
- Francis Teal / Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford 1997
- Real wage rates in Ghana have fallen substantially over the last twenty years. In this paper survey data for the years 1991-1996 is used to assess whether this fall has continued in the 1990s. It is shown that the fall in average real...
- Does "getting prices right" work? : micro evidence from Ghana
- Francis Teal / Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford 1995
- The question posed in this paper is whether structural adjustment programs have had the consequences policy intended and theory predicts. It uses evidence from a micro survey of manufacturing firms in Ghana to assess whether policy ha...
- World Data on Education [country profiles]
- International Bureau of Education, UNESCO 1998
- Country level educational sector profiles (144 in June 2000). Overview describing structure of sector and nationals policies Includes statistcal indicators. Available on WWW and on (free) CDROM.