Brazil and Trade Policy
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS trade collection
Search for the latest trade-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Firm behaviour and the introduction of new exports: evidence from Brazil
- X. Cirera; A. Marín; R. Markwald / Institute of Development Studies UK 2012
- One of the main objectives of economic development policy is to achieve export diversification. This paper contributes to understanding the process of export diversification by analysing firm level determinants in Brazil during the pe...
- Drivers of regional integration: value chains, investment and new forms of co-operation
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- This collection of papers is a combined initiative of Economic Policy Forum (EPF) member think tanks and is the result of two round-table discussions under the Regional Integration research stream. The first event, ‘Dr...
- Co-operation in the South Atlantic Zone: amplifying the African agenda
- A. Lalbahadur; N. Grobbelaar; R.D. Plessisaf / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- South Africa’s foreign policy prioritises peaceful and sustainable growth in Africa by maximising its external engagements in increasingly strategic ways. This paper calls for South Africa to consider broadening its engagement w...
- The chimera of global convergence
- S. Starrs / Transnational Institute 2014
- It has become a staple of conventional wisdom that global economic power is shifting inexorably towards the East and the South. Many insist that we are on the brink of a world-historic rebalancing that will result in the end of W...
- BRICS: a global trade power in a multi-polar world
- J. Purugganan; A. Jafri; P. Solon / Transnational Institute 2014
- Central to the narrative of emerging powers, and particularly the BRICS, is the issue of trade, as both the driver of their economic surge, the factor behind their growing economies and the platform it has given them to assert influen...
- South Africa and the BRICS alliance: challenges and opportunities for South Africa and Africa
- W. Gumede / Transnational Institute 2014
- South Africa under the ANC and its alliance with the BRICS promised a more moral, democratic vision of global governance, but in practice its foreign policy has been too often swayed by narrow commercial interests and short-term growt...
- The Durban BRICS Summit: partnership for development and integration proceedings report
- L. Masters / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2013
- The media hype and international attention that centered on Durban during the fifth BRICS Summit (26–27 March 2013) has faded. As the dust settles, a number of lingering questions remain around the role of South-South cooperatio...
- Africa-Brazil relations in the context of global changes
- S. Oloruntoba / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2014
- Relations between Africa and Brazil date back to the era of slave trade in which many African slaves were settled in Brazil and other parts of Latin America and the Caribbean Island. Due to the historical experience of slave trade, th...
- International drivers of Brazilian agricultural cooperation in Africa in the post-2008 economic crisis
- A. Costa Vaz / Future Agricultures Consortium 2015
- Recent international political and economic developments have had an ambiguous impact on the course of and prospects for Brazilian agricultural cooperation in Africa. Its major international driving forces are closely associated with ...
- Emerging seed markets: the role of Brazilian, Chinese and Indian seeds in African agriculture
- H. Tugendhat, / Future Agricultures Consortium 2014
- In recent years, three of the largest emerging powers, Brazil, China and India, have all brought about incredible agricultural revolutions and seeds have played a big part in that story. Nowadays, their seed markets are all within the...