South Africa and Trade Policy
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS trade collection
Search for the latest trade-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Deepening trade and investment relations post-AGOA: three options for South Africa
- C. Prinsloo; C. Ncube / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- As the US and Africa look to engage at the 2016 annual African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) Forum under the theme of Maximizing AGOA Now While Preparing for the Future beyond AGOA, two pertinent issues come to...
- Rainbow at risk: improving South Africa's prospects
- J. Cilliers; C. Aucoin / Institute for Security Studies 2016
- South Africa needs to build an inclusive economy where broad-based economic growth creates productive jobs for the unemployed; increases productivity and earnings for the employed; and leads to sustained poverty alleviation....
- To the ends of the earth: Antarctica, the Antarctic Treaty and South Africa
- E. Sidiropoulos; T. Wheeler 2016
- One of the most effective global governance regimes of the post-World War II period that has received very little attention over the years is the Antarctic Treaty. Driven by Cold War pressures and a failure to regulate multiple and ov...
- Chinese presence in real estate in South Africa and Mauritius
- H. Cowaloosur / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2016
- China has recently taken the global community by surprise with a surging interest in overseas real estate investment. While United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), Canada and Australia are the usual prized ...
- Raising the quality of project selection and efficiency of implementation of public sector infrastructure investment activity in South Africa
- Korea Development Institute 2013
- The purpose of this study is to propose policy makers and experts in South Africa for the improvement measures of project selection and efficiency used in the investment activities for the infrastructures in public sector, which were ...
- Drivers of regional integration: value chains, investment and new forms of co-operation
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- This collection of papers is a combined initiative of Economic Policy Forum (EPF) member think tanks and is the result of two round-table discussions under the Regional Integration research stream. The first event, ‘Dr...
- Central America: a South African foreign policy adventure
- W.J Jumat / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2015
- South Africa established official relations with various States in Central America from 1993 onwards, thereby establishing its post-Apartheid era outlooks on interactions with the region. South Africa’s relations with Central Am...
- The two shall become one: overcoming the stalemate between industrial and climate change policies
- G. Montmasson - Clair / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa 2015
- Industrial development and climate change mitigation have historically been opposed to each other. This is reflected in the industrial and climate change policy frameworks in South Africa. As a result of these two opposing frameworks ...
- Mineral rights, rents and resources in South Africa’s development narrative
- R. Harvey / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- South Africa is endowed with substantial subsoil mineral wealth, yet the development promise typically associated with this wealth has not been realised. Between 2001 and 2008 the South African mining industry contracted at a rate of ...
- Penetrating the Asian market: a case study of trade barriers for South African exporters into Indonesia
- B. Chipanda / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa 2015
- Since 2007, Asia has been the main trading partner for South Africa, in terms of total merchandised trade. Asia has been an important export market for South Africa’s trade-induced industrialisation strategy. This study shows th...