Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2012
- With increasing urbanisation and economic growth, air pollution is becoming an urgent concern in South Asian countries Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The objective of this study is to look into and...
- Vulnerabilities and responses to climate change for Dhaka
- M. Alam; G. Rabbani / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2007
- This article looks at Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing megacities. It is also the most densely populated city in the world, and as a result, faces a range of environmental problems...
- Addressing Malnutrition Multisectorally: What have we learned from recent international experience?
- J. Levinson; Y. Balarajan; A. Marini / United Nations Children's Fund, 2013
- This publication is a compilation of three major case studies from Peru, Brazil and Bangladesh, but also a historical review of multisectoral nutrition activities in several other countries around the world. The report offers co...
- Them belly full (but we hungry): Food rights struggles in Bangladesh, India, Kenya and Mozambique
- N. Hossain / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2014
- This report synthesises the findings from the four country case studies produced for the Food Riots and Food Rights project. It is intended as a summary introduction to the main findings of the research, and a preliminary comparative ...
- Fighting corruption in South Asia: building accountability
- Transparency International, 2014
- Hardly a speech is delivered in South Asia without mention of the need to fight corruption in the region. Yet despite the lofty promises, corruption is on the rise. This report shows how a serious lack of political will on the part of...
- Voice and accountability in the health sector
- Health and Education Advice and Resource Team, 2013
- This Helpdesk report responds to a query to write a report to identify: 1) useful sources on assessment of voice and accountability (V&A); 2) examples of V&A in the Bangladesh health sector; and 3) different models of V&A....
- Nutrition agenda setting, policy formulation and implementation: lessons from the Mainstreaming Nutrition Initiative
- D.L Pelletier; E.A Frongillo; S. Gervais / Health Policy and Planning, 2012
- Undernutrition is the single largest contributor to the global burden of disease and can be addressed through a number of highly efficacious interventions. Undernutrition generally has not received commensurate attention in policy age...
- Agricultural interventions and investment options for climate change in drought and saline - flood prone regions of Bangladesh
- Bioforsk / Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, 2014
- Rice is the staple food in Bangladesh and crucial for the food security in the country. The alluvial soil deposits, through an extensive river network across Bangladesh, have contributed to a fertile land with high rice productivity p...
- Rethinking Social Protection Using a Gender Lens
- R. Holmes; N. Jones / Overseas Development Institute, 2010
- The role of gender in social protection is complex, shaping the types of risks tackled, how they are tackled, public buy-in and programme implementation practices. However, the extent to which gender has been integrated into social pr...
- Child Marriage in South Asia
- Center for Food Safety, 2013
- Child marriage is a human rights crisis occurring on an alarming scale in South Asia. South Asia accounts for almost half of all child marriages that occur globally. Child marriage does not constitute a single rights violation; rather...
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development builds and leads a network of institutes, promoting knowledge on climate change and development
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...
- Church of Bangladesh Social Development Programme
- The Church of Bangladesh Social Development Program (CBSDP) is a development wing of the Church of Bangladesh. Its goal is to uplift the status of people in the church community and reduce the social, economic and moral inequalities. This Community Development Projects aim to empower the rural poor people around issues of health, women’s rights and human rights and to provide vocational deve...