Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Health impact of climate change in Bangladesh: a summary
- Scientific Research Publishing 2016
- Bangladesh, one of the South Asian countries , has started experiencing major public health i m- pacts of climate change due to its vulnerable geographical location. The objective of this paper is to look at the extent of climate chan...
- Child centred community resiliance: final evaluation of the Bangladesh Child Resilience Project
- C.L. Sterrett / Save the Children [Sweden] 2015
- For communities at risk from shocks, stresses and uncertainty, building resilience is an essential yet challenging development process. It r equires working on multiple fronts to: reduce people's exposure and vulnerability; build thei...
- Assessment of women’s livelihood needs in three eco-zones of Bangladesh
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women 2014
- Evidently women are more severely affected by climate change and natural disasters because of their social roles, discrimination and poverty. In rural Bangladesh they are specially vulnerable since they are highly dependent on local n...
- Asia report on climate change and indigenous people
- J. Carling; J. Carino; L.N. Sherpa / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- The impacts of climate change are severe for at least 260 million indigenous peoples in Asia. The effects of warming temperature, extreme weather events, unpredictable seasons and sea level rise include loss of lives and prope...
- Building readiness of the private sector in Bangladesh for GCF accreditation
- J. Steeve / International Centre for Climate Change and Development 2016
- The private sector in Bangladesh is beginning to recognise that climate change presents a number of significant opportunities. Although several challenges stand in the way of businesses scaling up their climate-related initiatives and...
- Sanitation in Bangladesh: revolution, evolution, and new challenges
- S. Hanchett / Community Led Total Sanitation / CLTS Knowledge Hub 2016
- Bangladesh is a hub of sanitation experimentation and model-building. It is internationally recognised as the place where Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) first succeeded in eliminating open defecation (OD) from whole villages. T...
- E - Commerce in Bangladesh
- A.S. Ishtiaque; A. Sarwar / University of Liberal Arts, Bangladesh 2016
- Electronic commerce or e-commerce, as it is more popularly referred to, is defined as any form of trade or exchange of goods, services and information using electronic means. Globally, the application of e-commerce has been rapidly ga...
- How do social protection and labour programmes contribute to social inclusion? Evidence from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- B. Babajanian; J. Hagen-Zanker; R. Holmes / Overseas Development Institute 2014
- Today, the positive effects of social protection and labour programmes on core dimensions of well- being such as food consumption and access to health and education are well-recognised. However, less is known about the ability of thes...
- ICT impact on socio-economic conditions of rural Bangladesh
- A Rahman 2013
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in a relatively short period of time of our planet’s history have had a major transformative impact across all strata of society. In the study, four different villages (520 respo...
- Evidence and gaps in evidence on the principle political economy constraints and opportunities to successful investment in inclusive agribusiness in Asia
- J.G. Kydd / Evidence on Demand 2016
- This report pays particular reference to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Kyrgyz Republic, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Tajikistan. The purpose is to inform a more detailed call down piece of work for DFID to scope the potential establishment...