Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Success factors for women's and children's health: Policy and programme highlights from 10 fast-track cuontries
- The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, 2014
- There have been substantial achievements towards MDGs 4 and 5 (to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health) from 1990 (the baseline for the MDGs) to 2014. Despite this, every year 6.6 million children&nbs...
- Development and acceptability testing of ready-to-use supplementary food made from locally available food ingredients in Bangladesh
- T. Ahmed / BioMed Central, 2014
- Inadequate energy and micronutrient intake during childhood is a major public health problem in developing countries. Ready-to-use supplementary food (RUSF) made of locally available food ingredients can improve micronutrient status a...
- What are the Factors Enabling and Constraining Effective Leaders in Nutrition? A Four Country Study
- N. Nisbett; E. Wach; L. Haddad; S. El Arifeen / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2014
- Leadership has been identified as a key factor in supporting action on nutrition in countries experiencing a high burden of childhood undernutrition. This study of individuals identified as influential within nutrition in Bangladesh, ...
- Evaluating the costs of the school nutrition project in Bangladesh
- A. Gelli; Y. Suwa / Home Grown School Feeding, 2013
- School health and nutrition programmes provide the foundation for children’s physical, cognitive and educational development. The purpose of this analysis is to examine the Dubai Cares/GAIN-Assisted School Nutrition Project in B...
- From the ground up: Changing the conversation about climate change
- S. Faris; S. Lipscombe; S. Whitehead; D. Wilson / BBC Media Action, 2014
- This policy briefing, produced by BBC Media Action, draws upon the world’s largest study of people’s everyday experience of climate change: the Climate Asia Project. The project involved speaking to over 33,500 people acro...
- Climate and Development Outlook: Bangladesh Special Edition
- E. Gogoi; K. Kakakhel / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2014
- This bulletin features a range of recent results and learning from the Climate & Development Knowledge Network’s (CDKN’s) programme to strengthen climate resilient development in Bangladesh. CDKN is working with the Go...
- Socio-ecological vulnerability assessment of flood and saline-prone region in rural Bangladesh
- S. Xenarios (ed); G.W. Sarker (ed); A. Nemes (ed) / Bioforsk / Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, 2014
- The agrarian population in Bangladesh is ranked by many studies to be of the most vulnerable in the world due to the poor socio-economic features, the unique geophysical location and the high exposure to climate change effects. ...
- Climate change and vulnerability in Bangladesh
- S. Xenarios (ed); A. Nemes (ed); G.W. Sarker (ed) / Bioforsk / Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, 2014
- It is predicted that climate change will aggravate the presence of sudden (e.g. cyclones, floods etc.) and chronic (e.g. drought, erosion) hazards to agrarian communities in Bangladesh. According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Clim...
- AMA ‘Aponjon’ Formative Research Report
- Rajan R.; Raihan A.; Alam M. / Johns Hopkins University Global mHealth Initiative, 2013
- The Aponjon initiative (meaning close one/dear one) was launched under the Mobile Alliance for Maternal Action in December 2012 after a formative research phase. It runs a service for new and expecting mothers and their families where...
- Innovation, solidarity and South-South learning: the role of civil society from middle-income countries in effective development cooperation
- A. Poskitt; A. Shankland 2014
- Civil society organisations (CSOs) from middle-income countries can play multiple strategically important roles in effective development cooperation. Beyond demanding transparency and accountability around the aid that their own count...
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development builds and leads a network of institutes, promoting knowledge on climate change and development
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...
- Church of Bangladesh Social Development Programme
- The Church of Bangladesh Social Development Program (CBSDP) is a development wing of the Church of Bangladesh. Its goal is to uplift the status of people in the church community and reduce the social, economic and moral inequalities. This Community Development Projects aim to empower the rural poor people around issues of health, women’s rights and human rights and to provide vocational deve...