Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Effect of multiple micronutrient supplementation during pregnancy on maternal and birth outcomes
- B.A Haider; M.Y Yakoob; Z.A Bhutta / BMC Public Health, 2011
- Given the widespread prevalence of micronutrient deficiencies in developing countries, supplementation with multiple micronutrients rather than iron-folate alone, could be of potential benefit to the mother and the fetus. These benefi...
- Salinity-induced loss and damage to farming households in coastal Bangladesh
- G. Rabbani; A. Rahman; K. Mainuddin 2013
- Salinity intrusion in soil caused by climate-induced hazards, especially cyclones and sea level rise (SLR), is adversely affecting rice production in coastal Bangladesh. The southwest coastal district of Satkhira is one of the most vu...
- Effect of routine iron supplementation with or without folic acid on anemia during pregnancy
- M.Y Yakoob; Z.A Bhutta / BMC Public Health, 2011
- Iron deficiency is the most prevalent nutrient deficiency in the world, particularly during pregnancy. According to the literature, anaemia, particularly severe anaemia, is associated with increased risk of maternal mortality. It also...
- Effect of breastfeeding promotion interventions on breastfeeding rates, with special focus on developing countries
- A Imdad; M.Y Yakoob; Z.A Bhutta / BMC Public Health, 2011
- Given the recognised benefits of breastfeeding for the health of the mother and infants, the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends exclusive breastfeeding (EBF) for the first six months of life. However, the prevalence of EBF is ...
- Impact of education and provision of complementary feeding on growth and morbidity in children less than 2 years of age in developing countries: a systematic review
- BMC Public Health, 2013
- About one third of deaths in children less than 5 years of age are due to underlying undernutrition. According to an estimate, 19.4% of children <5 years of age in developing countries were underweight (weight for-age Z score <5...
- We all need more education: What can be done to reduce teacher absenteeism
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2009
- 3ie Brief No. 5, March 2009 Monitoring and financial incentives have been shown to have a significant impact on absenteeism, whereas local monitoring of attendance has failed to have such an impact. However, more evidence is re...
- Effect of multiple micronutrient supplementation on pregnancy and infant outcomes: a systematic review
- Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, 2012
- Supplementation with multiple micronutrients (MM) during pregnancy may result in improved pregnancy and infant outcomes. The study conducted meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials that evaluated the effects of prenatal suppleme...
- Expanding foreign investment in the energy sector: Challenges and risks for Bangladesh?
- A. Wiig; I. Kolstad / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway, 2014
- Our recent research indicates that increased corruption brings increased foreign direct investment (FDI) in the extractive industries. Moreover, corruption has no effect on FDI in the energy provision industries. This brief focuses on...
- Risk factors of mortality in severely-malnourished children hospitalized with diarrhoea
- Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 2011
- Diarrhoea is one of the most important causes of death in the world. Globally, more than 10 million children die each year, of which about 1.5 million die from diarrhoea. Diarrhoea and malnutrition are common in young children in deve...
- Prevalence and determinants of chronic malnutrition among preschool children: a cross-sectional study in Dhaka city, Bangladesh
- Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 2011
- Chronic malnutrition is one of the major causes of morbidity and mortality among preschool children and the future productivity of nations. To understand the prevalence of chronic malnutrition and to identify the factors affecting hei...
- Centre for Gender and Social Transformation
- Centre for Gender and Social Transformation (CGST), BRAC Development Institute, BRAC University, is a leading regional centre on research, teaching and policy related to gender and social transformation. The Vision of the Centre is Social transformation and greater gender justice through the generation of knowledge on gender and social change. The mission of the Centre is Playing a critical ro...
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development builds and leads a network of institutes, promoting knowledge on climate change and development
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...