Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Minimum wage in the RMG sector of Bangladesh: definition, determination method and levels
- K.G. Moazzem; S. Raz / Centre for Policy Dialogue, Bangladesh, 2014
- Minimum wage in the RMG sector of Bangladesh is a debated issue, mainly due to lack of an operational definition and method for calculation. This study was undertaken to come up with a definition and method for calculation of the...
- Early Lessons from the Process to Enhance Understanding of Loss and Damage in Bangladesh
- E. Roberts; S. Huq; A. Hasemann / International Centre for Climate Change and Development, 2013
- The result of almost two-years of engagement with multiple actors, this document provides an assessment of the first comprehensive process to better understand national-level loss and damage (L&D) in Bangladesh. A multi-agency ini...
- Living testimony: obstetric fistula and inequities in maternal health
- D. Jones (ed); E. Brazier (ed); P. Lee Poy (ed) / Family Care International, 2007
- Obstetric fistula is an injury to the birth canal, resulting from prolonged labour, that has devastating physical and psychological effects on women’s lives. Its persistence reveals vast inequities in access to and quality of re...
- Sex Workers’ Struggles in Bangladesh: Learnings for the Women’s Movement
- S. Huq / BRIDGE, 2005
- In 1999 the government of Bangladesh forcefully evicted sex workers from a large cluster of brothels just outside Dhaka. Members of the sex worker organisation Ulka immediately sought support from Naripokkho, a country-wide women&rsqu...
- Role of domestic court and international arbitration in ensuring climate justice in Bangladesh
- T.K. Baul (ed); U. Wara (ed) 2013
- Recently, an international Arbitration Tribunal, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), decided in favour of the ‘climate victims’ of Bangladesh against international gas extracting company, NI...
- Institutional approach to anti-corruption: an evaluation of the Anti Corruption Commission in Bangladesh
- Md.H.O. Rashid / The Institute of Governance Studies, 2013
- Corruption has slowed down the economic development, prejudiced investor confidence and development of public education and health, weakened democracy and called into question the rule of law in Bangladesh since its inception. Corrupt...
- Improving tax compliance in Bangladesh: a study of value-added tax (VAT)
- M. Ahmed / The Institute of Governance Studies, 2013
- Tax-GDP ratio in Bangladesh is very low (10.6%) when compared with her South Asian neighbours. This is mainly because of poor compliance rate in both income tax and value-added tax (VAT). Therefore, improving VAT compliance will incre...
- Who trusts others? Community and individual determinants of social capital in Bangladesh
- M.N. Asadullah / The Institute of Governance Studies, 2013
- Trust amongst people in a society is considered by many to facilitate long-term growth, educational attainment, democratic stability and subjective well-being. A low institutional trust environment can undermine inter-personal trust i...
- The Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index
- S. Alkire (ed); R. Meinzen-Dick (ed); A. Peterman (ed) / Oxford Poverty & Human Development Initiative, 2013
- The Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) is a new survey-based index designed to measure the empowerment, agency, and inclusion of women in the agricultural sector. The WEAI was initially developed as a tool to reflec...
- The Last Straw? The additional burden of climate change on food security in the Himalaya | GRID-Arendal - Publications - The last straw
- GRID Arendal, 2013
- The food price spikes of 2007–08 brought food security into sharp focus on the global agenda. Declines in international commodity markets, financial speculation in low cereal stocks, dramatic weather events, soaring oil prices, ...
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development builds and leads a network of institutes, promoting knowledge on climate change and development
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...
- Church of Bangladesh Social Development Programme
- The Church of Bangladesh Social Development Program (CBSDP) is a development wing of the Church of Bangladesh. Its goal is to uplift the status of people in the church community and reduce the social, economic and moral inequalities. This Community Development Projects aim to empower the rural poor people around issues of health, women’s rights and human rights and to provide vocational deve...