Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Impact of climate change on Least Developed Countries: are the SDGs possible?
- H. Wright; S. Huq; J. Reeves / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2015
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will define the priorities of the UN’s development agenda beyond 2015. But the reality of climate change impacts will render these aspirational goals almost impossibly challenging for the...
- India and its Eastern neighbours: prospects for sub-regional cooperation
- S. Ramaswamy / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- South Asia is the fastest growing region in the world. The combined economy of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is the third largest in the world in terms of GDP (PPP), with US and China ahead. SAARC countr...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre, 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- India-Bangladesh connectivity: possibilities and challenges
- Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- Enhancing bilateral relations between India and Bangladesh promises to provide exponential benefits for both countries. For India, in particular, transit and transshipment across Bangladesh is important as it is expected to boost the ...
- Scientific Framework for ICIMOD’s Regional Programme on Adaptation to Change
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal, 2015
- This working paper attempts to improve the connections between science, policy, practice, and stakeholders and to tackle challenges at the intersection of local, national, regional, and global change processes in the context of the Hi...
- Grievance Redress Mechanisms in Bangladesh
- B. Rohwerder (ed); S. Rao (ed) / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre, 2015
- This Helpdesk Report responds to the following query: Grievance Redress Mechanisms in Bangladesh: Identify literature on Grievance Redress Mechanisms (GRMs) used in Bangladesh. Where possible identify the models used, their approaches...
- Promoting productive gendered spaces for adapting to climatic stress: Two case studies from rural Bangladesh
- International Water Management Institute, 2014
- Policy brief on supporting women to fulfill their potential as climate adaptation actors in Bangladesh. Climate stress is experienced differently by various groups and individuals based on several factors, including poverty and...
- Perceptions of farmers in Bangladesh to Asian Elephants (Elephas maximus) as an Agricultural Pest in | Sarker | Environment and Natural Resources Research
- A.H.M. Raihan Sarker; E. Røskaft / Canadian Center of Science and Education, 2014
- We explored the degree to which Bangladeshi farmers perceive Asian elephants (Elephas maximus) as agricultural pests, as related to the type of farming and other demographic profile of the farmers. We analysed the size and cropping pa...
- Loss & Damage Associated with Climate Change: The Legal and Institutional Context in Bangladesh
- A. Al Faruque; M., H. Khan / Loss and Damage in Vulnerable Countries Initiative, 2013
- Need for adequate national policies and legal frameworks: case study from Bangladesh While negotiations on loss and damage are taking place at the global level, loss and damage resulting from climate change impacts is...
- Dual Burden of Underweight and Overweight among Women in Bangladesh: Patterns, Prevalence, and Sociodemographic Correlates
- S.M. Mostafa Kamal; C. Hashim Hassam; G. Mahabubul Alam / Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 2015
- The discourse of dual burden caused through underweight and overweight is well-documented globally but this issue and its connection with women’s health in Bangladesh is yet to be explored widely. To enrich the current debate, t...
- Centre for Gender and Social Transformation
- Centre for Gender and Social Transformation (CGST), BRAC Development Institute, BRAC University, is a leading regional centre on research, teaching and policy related to gender and social transformation. The Vision of the Centre is Social transformation and greater gender justice through the generation of knowledge on gender and social change. The mission of the Centre is Playing a critical ro...
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development builds and leads a network of institutes, promoting knowledge on climate change and development
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...