Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Transforming aquatic agricultural systems towards gender equality: a five country review
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research, 2012
- Aquatic agricultural systems (AAS) are systems in which the annual production dynamics of freshwater and/or coastal ecosystems contribute significantly to total household income. Improving the livelihood security and wellbeing of the ...
- Agriculture and adaptation in Bangladesh: Current and projected impacts of climate change
- T.S. Thomas; K. Mainuddin; C. Chiang / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2013
- The goal of this research was to examine the likely impacts of climate change on agriculture in Bangladesh, and develop recommendations to policymakers to help farmers adapt to the changes. A variety of research methods were used. Whe...
- We can also make change
- Sightsavers International, 2013
- Voices of the Marginalised is a pilot project, focusing on Bangladesh, bringing the perspectives of those who live in poverty or who are highly marginalised, including those with disabilities, older people and people living with menta...
- Integrating ecosystem services and climate change responses in coastal wetlands development plans for Bangladesh - Online First - Springer
- S. Hossain; L. Hein; F.I. Rip / Springer, 2013
- This study explores the integration of ecosystem services and climate change adaptation in development plans for coastal wetlands in Bangladesh. A new response framework for adaptation is proposed. The framework is tested in the Narai...
- Scaling up nutrition: Progress report from countries and their partners in the movement to Scale Up Nutrition (SUN)
- United Nations [UN] Standing Committee on Nutrition, 2011
- This draft report was prepared for the High Level Meeting on Nutrition at the UN General Assembly in September 2011 and the follow-up workshop for the Scale-Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement, which was designed to help nations where people ...
- Fighting maternal and child malnutrition: analysing the political and institutional determinants of delivering a national multi-sectoral response in six countries: a synthesis paper
- A. Mejía Acosta; J. Fanzo / Institute of Development Studies, Sussex [ES], 2013
- Governance is a critical yet understudied component in the nutrition agenda, according to this paper’s authors. The paper uses a political economy approach to examine questions around the progress or lack thereof toward nutritio...
- Multiple micronutrient supplementation during pregnancy in low-income countries: a meta-analysis of effects on stillbirths and on early and late neonatal mortality
- C Ronsmans; DJ Fisher; C Osmond / United Nations University, 2009
- Multiple micronutrient deficiencies are common among women in low-income countries and may adversely affect pregnancy outcomes. This study aimed to conduct a meta-analysis of the effects on stillbirths, early and late neonatal mortali...
- Iron and zinc supplements for infants can be beneficial to infant development and behaviour.
- MM Black; AH Baqui; K Zaman / American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2004
- Iron and zinc deficiency are prevalent during infancy in low-income countries. The objectives of this study were to examine whether a weekly supplement of iron, zinc, iron and zinc, or a micronutrient mix (MM) of 16 vitamins and miner...
- Climate & environment assessment: Business case for the trade and global value chains initiative
- S. Selby / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- Evidence on Demand carried out a climate and environment assessment – on behalf of DFID – as part of the business case for the Trade and Global Value Chains Initiative. The UK will provide support for increa...
- Political settlement dynamics in a limited access order : The case of Bangladesh
- M. Hassan / Research4Development, 2013
- This study explores the dynamics of the elite political settlement in Bangladesh during the last two decades (1991-2012), as well as its impact on economic development and political development, understood here as the process of maint...
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...
- Church of Bangladesh Social Development Programme
- The Church of Bangladesh Social Development Program (CBSDP) is a development wing of the Church of Bangladesh. Its goal is to uplift the status of people in the church community and reduce the social, economic and moral inequalities. This Community Development Projects aim to empower the rural poor people around issues of health, women’s rights and human rights and to provide vocational deve...
- Equity and Justice Working Group (EJWG)
- Activists advocating policy dialogue and change in attitudes in Bangladesh