Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Agricultural interventions and investment options for climate change in drought and saline - flood prone regions of Bangladesh
- Bioforsk / Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, 2014
- Rice is the staple food in Bangladesh and crucial for the food security in the country. The alluvial soil deposits, through an extensive river network across Bangladesh, have contributed to a fertile land with high rice productivity p...
- Rethinking Social Protection Using a Gender Lens
- R. Holmes; N. Jones / Overseas Development Institute, 2010
- The role of gender in social protection is complex, shaping the types of risks tackled, how they are tackled, public buy-in and programme implementation practices. However, the extent to which gender has been integrated into social pr...
- Child Marriage in South Asia
- Center for Food Safety, 2013
- Child marriage is a human rights crisis occurring on an alarming scale in South Asia. South Asia accounts for almost half of all child marriages that occur globally. Child marriage does not constitute a single rights violation; rather...
- The Other Asian Enigma: Explaining the Rapid Reduction of Undernutrition in Bangladesh
- D.D. Headey / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2014
- South Asia has long been synonymous with persistent and unusually high rates of child undernutrition — the so - called Asian enigma . Yet contrary to this stereotype , Bangladesh has manage d to sustain a rapid reduction in the ...
- Climate change, food security and trade linkages in South Asia
- R.K. Jha; N.K. Singh 2013
- This briefing paper examines the linkages between climate change, food security and trade in South Asia. The paper clarifies that the South Asian region is particularly vulnerable to climate change owing to overly utilisation o...
- Opportunities and challenges in rice seeds trade between India and Bangladesh
- N. Jain 2013
- This paper focuses on understanding the potential benefits which rice seeds trade between India and Bangladesh can bring in order to address challenges of availability and accessibility of quality rice seeds by increasing the supply i...
- Temporal Change Detection (2001-2008) Study of Sundarban
- S. Hazra; A. Mukhopadhyay; A. Akhand; K. Samanta / Jadavpur University, India, 2010
- This focuses on the Sunderban region and works to identify, map and classify vulnerable islands using satellite imageries/data (time series analysis). It looks at land use and land cover status for the period between 2001 and 2008 and...
- Rice seed production and use in Bangladesh and India: need for bilateral cooperation
- M. Kabir; S.P. Singh; A.R. Khan 2014
- Rice seed production, marketing, distribution situation in Bangladesh and India is not considered to be efficient. This paper highlights the low availability and accessibility of modern varieties (MV) rice seeds in these two countries...
- Rice seeds availability in India and Bangladesh: farmers’ perspective
- S.P. Singh; N. Kumar 2014
- This briefing paper presents the perspective of farmers and their preferences in Bangladesh and India with regard to availability and accessibility of rice seeds. Both Bangladesh and India over the last two decades have realise...
- Efficiency analysis of classroom infrastructure for primary education in Bangladesh
- Evidence on Demand, 2014
- The Directorate of Primary Education in Bangladesh, under the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, is implementing the Third Primary Education Development Programme (PEDP 3) from July 2011 over a period of 5 years. This ...
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development builds and leads a network of institutes, promoting knowledge on climate change and development
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection water, hygiene and sanitat...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...
- Church of Bangladesh Social Development Programme
- The Church of Bangladesh Social Development Program (CBSDP) is a development wing of the Church of Bangladesh. Its goal is to uplift the status of people in the church community and reduce the social, economic and moral inequalities. This Community Development Projects aim to empower the rural poor people around issues of health, women’s rights and human rights and to provide vocational deve...