Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Citizenship narratives in the absence of good governance: voices of the working poor in Bangladesh
- N. Kabeer; A.H. Kabir / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2009
- The complex nature of the challenge posed by state–society relations to the realisation of citizenship rights in the poorer countries of the world reflects the incapacity or unwillingness on the part of the state to guarantee ba...
- Final Report: Assessment and scoping mission for DFID Bangladesh's new climate change programme
- R. Phillips Itty; F. Chiappe; A.U. Ahmed 2015
- Bangladesh is extremely climate vulnerable, and will be even more so due to climate change. DFID Bangladesh is a major provider of climate financing in Bangladesh, and has been supporting the country through the Bangladesh Climate Cha...
- Embedding gender and diversity in the Plantwise Programme: overview of findings
- Evidence on Demand, 2015
- It is widely assumed that women are not heavily engaged in agriculture, however data from around the world highlights the critical role that women play in agricultural production, especially in less-developed countries. In spite of th...
- Strategic reform road-map for the technical and vocational education and training sector in west Bengal
- World Bank, 2013
- The focus of this report is human development and skills development in West Bengal, in the context of economic growth. The current status of skills development are presented, along with potential ways align the production of skills a...
- Mixed methods report: impact evaluation of the DFID programme to accelerate improved nutrition for the extreme poor in Bangladesh
- I. Barnett / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team, 2015
- The DFID Programme to Accelerate Improved Nutrition for the Extreme Poor in Bangladesh aims to improve nutrition outcomes for children, mothers and adolescent girls by integrating the delivery of a number of nutrition-specific (or dir...
- Admissible evidence in the court of development evaluation? The impact of CARE's SHOUHARDO project on child stuntingin Bangladesh
- L.C. Smith; F. Khan; T.R. Frankenberger / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2011
- Along with the rise of the development effectiveness movement of the last few decades, experimental impact evaluation methods – randomised controlled trials and quasi-experimental techniques – have emerged as a dominant fo...
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Agri-Food Value Chain Interventions Aimed at Enhancing Consumption of Nutritious Food by the Poor: Conceptual Framework
- S. Henson; J. Humphrey / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia, 2015
- South Asia has experienced rapid economic growth, yet it still has the highest rate of child malnutrition in the world, and half the population is undernourished. Besides children, undernutrition among women and adolescent girls is al...
- We do it ourselves: Nijera Kori and the struggle for economic and gender justice in Bangladesh', EMERGE Story of Change 2
- BRIDGE, 2015
- This story of change pulls out the key findings and messages from EMERGE case study 2, which explores the work of Nijera Kori - a national social movement in Bangladesh fighting for economic and gender justice.
- Adoption of modern varieties and rice varietal diversity on household farms in Bangladesh
- M. Tiongco; M. Hossain / Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research, 2015
- This paper investigates the relationship between adoption of modern rice varieties and rice varietal diversity on household farms in Bangladesh. As shown in previous studies, adoption of modern varieties depends on agroecological- and...
- We do it ourselves: Nijera Kori and the struggle for economic and gender justice in Bangladesh', EMERGE Case Study 2
- A Grieg; T Shahrokh; S Preetha / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2015
- Deep-rooted patriarchal systems uphold gender and class-based inequalities in Bangladesh, within which the issue of land distribution and use remains integral to the transformation of poverty for a large number of women and men. Nijer...
- Centre for Gender and Social Transformation
- Centre for Gender and Social Transformation (CGST), BRAC Development Institute, BRAC University, is a leading regional centre on research, teaching and policy related to gender and social transformation. The Vision of the Centre is Social transformation and greater gender justice through the generation of knowledge on gender and social change. The mission of the Centre is Playing a critical ro...
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development builds and leads a network of institutes, promoting knowledge on climate change and development
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research (BJAR)
- Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research is a quarterly journal highlighting original contributions on all disciplines of agricultural research conducted in any part of the globe. The journal is open access.
- Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP)
- The Chars Livelihoods Programme (CLP) works with extreme poor households living on island chars in north western Bangladesh, and aims to improve the livelihoods of over one million people. The CLP is jointly funded by UKaid through the Department for International Development and the Australian Government (AusAID), sponsored by the Rural Development and Co-operatives Division of the Government of...
- Center for Participatory Research and Development (CPRD)
- Center for Participatory Research and Development is an independent, non-profit policy, research and implementation institute.
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI)
- Bangladesh Enterprise Institute is a non-profit, non-political research centre. Established in October 2000, the Institute has established for itself a reputation for excellence in its research and advocacy work focusing on the growth of private enterprise in Bangladesh. The Institute promotes issues of importance to the private sector and seeks to initiate essential measures and influence policy...
- Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Bangladesh-based policy think tank
- Intercooperation Bangladesh
- Intercooperation is a Swiss not-for-profit organisation which supports partner organisations in more than twenty developing and transition countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Intercooperation Bangladesh's mandate covers natural resource management, local governance and market development. It concentrates its activities in the Rajshahi Division a...
- UNICEF Bangladesh
- The UNICEF Bangladesh country office work in partnership with government ministries, non-government organisations, UN agencies and a wide range of donors in order to solve the problems facing children in Bangladesh. Specifically, UNICEF Bangladesh works on: education health and nutrition protection...
- Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN)
- The Bangladesh Online Research Network (BORN), also known as BDResearch.org.bd, is an online Knowledge Center brought to you by IID. BDResearch collects publications from reputed institutions home and abroad on or related to Bangladesh in all spheres of knowledge. It's aims are: to facilitate research on Bangladesh by researchers, policy makers, students, business, academia...