Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Bhutan climate + change handbook
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal 2016
- Bhutan sits in the Hindu Kush Himalayas (HKH), and, like its regional neighbours,faces numerous existential challenges, driven primarily by climate change. Warming trends and melting glaciers pose serious threats to the nation...
- Engaging effectively in climate diplomacy: policy pointers from Bhutan
- International Institute for Environment and Development 2016
- Driven by its development philosophy, Gross National Happiness, Bhutan has achieved carbon neutrality. Internationally recognised as a model for climate action, this small Least Developed Country is able to approach climate diplomacy ...
- Seeds of adaptation Climate change, crop diversification and the role of women farmers
- Center for International Forestry Research 2016
- Farmers own seed systems are at the heart of food security. These systems are currently under stress due to political, social, economic and environmental changes. Women farmers play key roles in these systems. However, t...
- Seeds of adaptation: climate change, crop diversification, and the role of women farmers
- R. Vernooy 2015
- Around the world, women farmers are taking a leading role in implementing strategies aimed at crop variety conservation and diversification, with the goal of strengthening local climate change adaptation capacities. That is the messag...
- Driving across the South Asian borders: the Motor Vehicle Agreement between Bhutan, Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- A.B.R. Chaudhury; P. Basu; M. Bhonsal / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- The benefits of strengthening physical connectivity in a geographically contiguous region are increasingly being recognised. These links are expected to increase economic Tactivity and people-to-people interaction, leading i...
- India and its Eastern neighbours: prospects for sub-regional cooperation
- S. Ramaswamy / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- South Asia is the fastest growing region in the world. The combined economy of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is the third largest in the world in terms of GDP (PPP), with US and China ahead. SAARC countr...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Scientific Framework for ICIMOD’s Regional Programme on Adaptation to Change
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal 2015
- This working paper attempts to improve the connections between science, policy, practice, and stakeholders and to tackle challenges at the intersection of local, national, regional, and global change processes in the context of the Hi...
- Prospects for regional cooperation on cross-border electricity trade in South Asia
- Integrated Research and Action for Development 2013
- Energy remains one of the key inputs to socio-economic progress in developing societies. South Asian nations, namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, have so far lagged far behind t...
- The costs of adaptation in Punakha, Bhutan: Loss and damage associated with changing monsoon patterns
- N. Wangdi,; K. Kusters / Loss and Damage in Vulnerable Countries Initiative 2013
- Report examining the coping and adaptation measures used in Bhutan to address changing monsoon patterns and the risk of glacial lake outburst floods. In both scholarly debates and policy circles it is increasingly acknowledged ...