Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre, 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Scientific Framework for ICIMOD’s Regional Programme on Adaptation to Change
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal, 2015
- This working paper attempts to improve the connections between science, policy, practice, and stakeholders and to tackle challenges at the intersection of local, national, regional, and global change processes in the context of the Hi...
- Prospects for regional cooperation on cross-border electricity trade in South Asia
- Integrated Research and Action for Development, 2013
- Energy remains one of the key inputs to socio-economic progress in developing societies. South Asian nations, namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, have so far lagged far behind t...
- The costs of adaptation in Punakha, Bhutan: Loss and damage associated with changing monsoon patterns
- N. Wangdi,; K. Kusters / Loss and Damage in Vulnerable Countries Initiative, 2013
- Report examining the coping and adaptation measures used in Bhutan to address changing monsoon patterns and the risk of glacial lake outburst floods. In both scholarly debates and policy circles it is increasingly acknowledged ...
- Understanding Mountain Poverty in the Hindu Kush-Himalayas : Regional Report for Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal, 2011
- Around 211 million people reside in the greater Himalayan region, but there is a lack of cohesive information on their socioeconomic status. In general, issues such as whether, how, and why mountain poverty differs from national pover...
- Regional cooperation for regional infrastructure development: challenges and policy options for South Asia
- P De / Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2009
- Regional infrastructure is one of the major determinants of economic integration process. It enhances international and regional connectivity through the free flow of goods and factors across borders, allowing countries to benefit fro...
- A legally binding agreement (LBA) - growing need for air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- M.A. Khwaja; F.H. Shaheen / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2011
- Environmental degradation remains a challenge in most South Asian countries. With increased industrial activity, the exponential growth in number of vehicles and population, the contribution of each country to the south Asia regional ...
- Air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2012
- With increasing urbanisation and economic growth, air pollution is becoming an urgent concern in South Asian countries Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The objective of this study is to look into and...
- Climate change, food security and trade linkages in South Asia
- R.K. Jha; N.K. Singh 2013
- This briefing paper examines the linkages between climate change, food security and trade in South Asia. The paper clarifies that the South Asian region is particularly vulnerable to climate change owing to overly utilisation o...
- An Integrated Assessment of the Effects of Natural and Human Disturbances on a Wetland Ecosystem: A Retrospective from Phobjikha Conservation Area, Bhutan
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal, 2014
- This report argues that, in the context of climate change, sustaining and restoring wetlands is considered a cost-effective strategy for climate adaptation that also brings co-benefits related to poverty reduction and biodiversity con...