Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- China and its peripheries: limited objectives in Bhutan
- T. Jha / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2013
- In comprehensive power terms, Bhutan is almost a nonentity to China. This essay reviews the relations between Bhutan and China, and sheds light on its future expectations. The essay demonstrates that Bhutan’s ...
- Understanding the policy contexts for mainstreaming climate change in Bhutan and Nepal; a synthesis
- M. Davis; L. Li / Adaptation Knowledge Platform, 2013
- This report is a synthesis of two Adaptation Knowledge Platform studies that sought to understand the policy contexts for addressing climate change adaptation and key conservation issues in Nepal and Bhutan. These two Himalayan countr...
- Climate change in the Himalayas: current state of knowledge
- M., R. Gautam; G., R. Timilsina; K. Acharya / World Bank, 2013
- This World Bank policy research working paper reviews the literature on the potential biophysical and economic impacts of climate change in the Himalayas. The review was limited mostly to peer reviewed journal articles, with some...
- Glacier Systems and Seasonal Snow Cover in Six Major Asian River Basins: Water Storage Properties under Changing Climate
- O., S. Savoskul; V. Smakhtin / International Water Management Institute, 2013
- The current status, recent and potential future changes of glacier systems and seasonal snow cover in the Indus, Ganges, Brahmaputra, Amu Darya, Syr Darya and Mekong river basins are for the first time systematically analyzed at the b...
- Impacts of skills training program in rural Bhutan
- N. Chun; M. Watanabe / Asian Development Bank, 2011
- Income growth in rural Bhutan is a considerable challenge to further poverty reduction and economic development. Using a survey of rural Bhutanese households, this paper investigates the impacts of a vocational skills training program...
- MSM Country Snapshot Series: BHUTAN
- Bhutan’s HIV epidemic is small relative to its neighbours, with 270 cumulative reported cases since the first case?was detected in 1993. Presently, an estimated 988 people (or below 0.1 percent of the adult population) are livin...
- Expert views of climate change adaptation in least developed Asia
- B. K. Sovacool / Elsevier, 2012
- Drawing primarily from original data collected from more than 100 semi-structured research interviews, this study discusses the benefits of four climate change adaptation projects being implemented in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia and ...
- Report on fieldwork from around the world documenting loss and damage due to climate change
- K. Warner; K. van der Geest; S. Kreft / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2012
- This study presents empirical findings from fieldwork around the world examining loss and damage caused by global warming. The report begins by defining and contextualising the emerging discourse on assessing, quantifying and reacting...
- Paper drawing recommendations for transboundary conservation from the Kangchenjunga region
- K. Phuntsho; N. Chettri; K. P. Oli / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, 2012
- This paper draws recommendations for transboundary and participatory biodiversity conservation from the Kangchenjunga Conservation Landscape Initiative. This 'biodiversity hotspot' - shared by Bhutan, India and Nepal - is one of seven...
- Transboundary landscape management framework for ecological and socioeconomic resilience
- B. Shakya 2012
- Current land management approaches focus on achieving ecological resilience for natural resources and biological diversity, and socioeconomic resilience for the people who depend on the land for their livelihoods and wellbeing. In the...