Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Unintended Pregnancy and Abortion in Burkina Faso: Causes and Consequences
- Alan Guttmacher Institute, 2014
- What are the numbers and circumstances of induced abortions and what are the consequences of unsafe abortions in Burkina Faso? This document provides estimates of the number and rate of induced abortions that occurred in Burkina Faso ...
- Trends in per capita food availability in West Africa, 1980-2009
- N.M. Me-Nsope; J.M. Staatz / Food Security III Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University, 2013
- The goal of this paper is to provide evidence of shifts in food consumption patterns in the ECOWAS countries of West Africa from 1980 through 2009. The paper reveals a trend towards greater per capita calorie supplies for most ...
- A systematic assessment of the current capacity to act in nutrition in West Africa: cross-country similarities and differences
- R. Sodjinou 2014
- Although it is widely accepted that lack of capacity is one of the barriers to scaling up nutrition in West Africa, there is a paucity of information about what capacities exist and the capacities that need to be developed to accelera...
- Agricultural Water management technology expansion and impact on crop yields in northern Burkina Faso (1980-2010): a review
- J. Morris; J. Barron / Challenge Program on Water and Food, 2014
- Exploring the links between adoption of agricultural water management interventions and livelihoods in northern Burkina Faso This 30-year study synthesizes evidence, at the sub-national scale of region, across northern Burkina ...
- A unifying view of climate change in the Sahel linking intra-seasonal, interannual and longer time scales
- A. Giannini; S. Salack; T. Lodoun / IOPscience, 2013
- This journal article proposes a re-interpretation of the oceanic in?uence on the climate of the African Sahel that is consistent across observations and it is argued, resolves the uncertainty in projections of precipitation change in ...
- Climate change and conflict in the Sahel: A policy brief on findings from Niger and Burkina Faso
- US Agency for International Development, 2014
- This report analyses the potential linkages between climate impacts and conflict in two countries in Niger and Burkina Faso. Both countries have histories of droughts and food insecurity and are marked by three factors that analysts h...
- Cost and impact of policies to remove fees for obstetric care in Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali and Morocco
- S Witter / FEMHealth, 2014
- User fee exemption for delivery and emergency obstetric care (EmONC) has been introduced by several African countries with the aim of improving access to care and thus improving maternal and neonatal outcomes. However, the current evi...
- Social protection and graduation: Case of heifer-in-trust in Burkina Faso
- G Lankoandé / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2014
- Working Paper 79 Gountiéni Damien Lankoandé and James Sumberg March 2014 The distribution of livestock to poor people, commonly known as heifer-in-trust (HIT) or livestock-in-kind credit, c...
- Land governance and transparency livelihoods CPD event: overview
- C. Maugham / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This document is a summary of key points made by speaker in the “Land Governance and Transparency” event, which took place in the UK in 2013. The paper makes reference that the first step towards better governance i...
- The potential of NGOs to build resilience to climate extremes and disasters in the Sahel and a selection of DFID priority countries
- S. Standley / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- The BRACED is a multi-year programme which will scale up funding to NGOs interventions that build community resilience to extreme climate events in ten African and South Asian countries. Drawing on the first two phases of BRACED, this...