Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Setting partnership for climate change adaptation in the CCAFS Yatenga site, Burkina Faso: analysis of gaps and opportunities
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- The Consultative Group on International Agricultural Researchs (CGIAR) program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) is aiming to address the complex and dynamic relationships between climate change, agricultu...
- Climate resilient development: experience from an African capacity development programme
- The African Ministers' Council on Water 2016
- This learning brief presents insights and lessons learned from a capacity development programme on water security and climate resilient development covering eight countries in Africa Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Ghana, Moza...
- Cultivating climate resilience: the Shea value chain
- Overseas Development Institute 2016
- The economy of Burkina Faso remains relatively undiversified and is strongly driven by the climate-sensitive agriculture sector. Burkinabe agriculture is known to be mostly extensive and not highly productive. Major physical constrain...
- Communicating research to policymakers: researchers' experiences
- M. Lee; K. Belohlav / Population Reference Bureau 2016
- Policymakers and advocates agree that using evidence to inform decisions is essential for good policymaking and program design, given that limited resources require decisionmakers to allocate budgets effectively. Recognizing these iss...
- Care policy brief on the need to focus on resilience to tackle the hunger and poverty crisis affecting the Sahel region of Africa
- P. Gubbels / CARE International 2015
- Every year, over 20 million people suffer from chronic hunger, and are trapped in a debt and hunger cycle from which they cannot escape. Substantial humanitarian and development action is required in 2016 and beyond, yet this crisis i...
- The urban-rural water interface: a preliminary study in Burkina Faso
- P. Newborne; J. Tucker / Overseas Development Institute 2015
- Decisions on water allocation and infrastructure lie at the heart of development planning in semi-arid lands. On paper, the laws and policies of Burkina Faso accord equal entitlement to drinking water for the residents of cities and t...
- Trillions gained and lost: estimating the magnitude of growth episodes
- L. Pritchett; K. Sen; S. Kar / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- “Steady state” growth rates are bounded below by zero, and historical observation on the economically leading countries suggests 2% annum as an upper bound. However, the current paper indicates that the variance in decadal...
- Small-Quantity Lipid-Based Nutrient Supplements, Regardless of Their Zinc Content, Increase Growth and Reduce the Prevalence of Stunting and Wasting in Young Burkinabe Children: A Cluster-Randomized Trial
- S. Hess; S. Abbeddou; E Yakes Jimenez / PLoS ONE 2015
- Small-quantity lipid-based nutrient supplements (SQ-LNS) are promising home fortification products, but the optimal zinc level needed to improve growth and reduce morbidity is uncertain. This study aims to assess the impact of ...
- The diffusion of health knowledge through social networks: an impact evaluation of health knowledge asymmetries on child health
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2014
- This research is embedded in a larger cluster-randomised control trial that aimed to evaluate the impact of Helen Keller International’s Enhanced Homestead Food Production (EHFP) model on the nutritional status of women and youn...
- Specialisation or diversification? Divergent perspectives on rice farming in three large dam-irrigated areas in the Sahel
- B. Guèye / International Institute for Environment and Development 2014
- This report is based on the main lessons and recommendations from three case studies analysing the strategies, aspirations and constraints of the various types of farmers living around the dams of Bagré (Burkina Faso), Sé...