Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Asia report on climate change and indigenous people
- J. Carling; J. Carino; L.N. Sherpa / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- The impacts of climate change are severe for at least 260 million indigenous peoples in Asia. The effects of warming temperature, extreme weather events, unpredictable seasons and sea level rise include loss of lives and prope...
- Tanzania-China all-weather friendship from socialism to globalization: a case of relative decline
- J.-P. Cabestan; J.-R. Chaponnière / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2016
- How close is the Tanzanian-Chinese partnership today? Bi-lateral trade and Chinese economic activity in Tanzania today is far more significant than in the 1970s; Chinas no strings attached policy is still attractive ...
- The BRICS on the road to COP 21
- BRICS Policy Center / Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas BRICS 2015
- The impact of the actions of the countries that constitute the BRICS goes beyond the scope of the economic sector, reaching, among others, the socio-environmental agenda through issues such as the exploitation of natural resou...
- Changing climate, changing diets: pathways to lower meat consumption
- L. Wellesley; C. Happer; A Froggatt / Chatham House [Royal Institute of International Affairs], UK 2015
- Demand for animal protein is growing. Global consumption of meat is forecast to increase 76 per cent on recent levels by mid-century. A â??protein transitionâ?? is playing out across the developing world: as incomes rise, ...
- Climate change, food, water and population health in China
- Bulletin of the World Health Organization : the International Journal of Public Health 2016
- Anthropogenic climate change appears to be increasing the frequency, duration and intensity of extreme weather events. Such events have already had substantial impacts on socioeconomic development and population health. Climat...
- China's climate promises under economic pressure: scenarios and implications
- J. Wübbeke; B. Conrad / The Mercator Institute for China Studies 2015
- Chinas new-found willingness to integrate its national climate policies into international climate negotiations is arguably the single most momentous development in international climate politics in recent times. It removes one ...
- Overcoming obstacles to U.S.-China cooperation on climate change
- K. Lieberthal; D. Sandalow / Brookings Institution 2009
- U.S.-China relations have evolved and grown enormously since the Nixon visit to Beijing in 1972. But despite this progress, underlying mutual distrust over long-term intentions has grown and can over time make mutual antagonism a self...
- A greener dragon? Climate change lessons and opportunities for cooperation between China and Australia
- N. Fox / Centre for Defence and Strategic Studies 2016
- Chinas commitment to climate change mitigation is an important economic issue for Australia. As China is Australias largest trading partner, any adjustments China makes to its economy will impact the Australian eco...
- Old-Age pension and extended families: how is adult children's internal migration affected?
- X. Chen / Institute for the Study of Labor, Bonn 2016
- Old-age pension programs targeting the elderly may eventually benefit their extended families. However, no consensus has been reached on the growing body of literature that examines the potential impact of old-age pension on migration...
- Public Private Partnership in infrastructure: A comparison between India and China
- X. Luo / BRICS Information Sharing and Exchange Platform 2016
- Both India and China have been promoting Public Private Partnership in delivering infrastructure in various sectors. This paper examines their current infrastructure condition both in terms of quality and investment and therefore unde...
- BRICS Information Sharing and Exchange Platform
- BRICS Information Sharing and Exchange Platform (also refered to as BRICS Portal) is the authoritative platform of BRICS-related information jointly developed by the Center for BRICS Studies of Fudan University (Shanghai, China) and the BRICS Business Council.
- School of Public Policy and Management of Tsinghua University
- The School of Public Policy and Management (SPPM) of Tsinghua University was founded in 2000. As the first graduate school of public administration in China, the Schools mission is to become a world-class institution that actively engages in teaching, research, and consulting in global public affairs.
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an inter-disciplinary and multifunctional institution of social science research and a consultative body directly under the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) of China. Its undertakings cover research, information consultancy, publishing, education and training.
- Research Center for International Development at China Agricultural University (RCID)
- The Research Center for International Development (RCID) was built on the formative constructs cultivated through a long period of engagement in international development intervention in China and abroad by the Center for Integrated Agriculture Development (CIAD), and later the COHD. The RCIDs mission is to generate and disseminate knowledge, as well as to inspire and inform policy makers of p...