Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Understanding the Rising Powers' contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- J. Constantine; M. Pontual / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2015
- Rising powers such as Brazil, India and China have been criticised for being obstructive in the negotiations on the post-2015 development agenda. The start of the United Nations (UN) negotiations saw high expectations for the role of ...
- Should Southeast Asia fear the Chinese juggernaut? The view from the Philippines
- J.T. Yap / Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 2006
- China's emergence as an economic giant in the past 25 years has dramatically changed the global economic landscape especially in East Asia. Should this be a cause of fear for these Asian economies? Or a source of opportunities? This P...
- Paying for performance in China’s battle against anaemiazh
- L. Zhang,; S. Rozelle; Y. shi / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2013
- Despite China's rapid economic development, prevalence rates of anaemia among children in rural China range from 20 to 60 per cent – implying more than 10 million affected children. The high prevalence of childhood anaemi...
- India’s growing dependence on imports in the area of bulk drugss
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2015
- In the background of concerns being voiced by pharmaceutical industry and academics as well as policymakers, RIS organised a Colloquium on India’s Growing Dependence on Imports in the Area of Bulk Drugs in New Delhi on 23 Decemb...
- Japan's security policy in the Asia-Pacific during the post-Cold War period
- K.V. Kesavan / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2010
- The Asia-Pacific region has now emerged as the main centre of dynamic economic and technological development in the world. Though the success story of Japan's rise to the status of an economic super power is too well-known, the ...
- Assessing the impact of farmer field schools on fertilizer use in China
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2014
- In China, a major agricultural challenge is the suboptimal use of fertilizer and the environmental effects associated with overuse. The Chinese Ministry of Agriculture is addressing this problem by instituting farmer field schools (FF...
- A randomized evaluation of the effects of an agricultural insurance program on rural households’ behavior: evidence from China
- J. Cai; A. de Janvry; E. Sadoulet / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2014
- The provision of weather insurance is a potential way of shielding farmers from weather related shocks and reducing poverty. However, the use of weather insurance is not widespread in many countries. In China, even with a government s...
- Oil supply routes in the Asia Pacific: China's strategic calculations
- V. Sharan; N. Thihe / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2011
- Energy security forms the backbone of most economic and political policies of nations around the world. China is no exception and is increasingly following a multi-pronged global strategy - one where its economic priorities do not nec...
- South Africa, the Indian Ocean and the IBSA-BRICS equation: reflections on geopolitical and strategic dimension
- F.A. Kornegay , Jr / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2013
- South Africa's entry into the Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) forum in 2011 alongside its membership in the trilateral forum of India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) raises a number of issues in the nature of trends a...
- China-Japan-Korea: Tangled relationships
- S. Chakravorty / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2013
- Territorial disputes between China and Japan over the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in the East China Sea and between Japan and South Korea over the Takeshima/Dokdo islands in the Sea of Japan have, particularly in the second half of 20...
- China Institute of International Studies (CIIS)
- China Institute of International Studies (CIIS) is the think tank of China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It conducts research and analysis on a wide range of foreign policy issues.
- China Carbon Forum (CCF)
- China Carbon Forum (CCF) was established in 2007 by professionals in Chinas climate change sector as a non-for-profit organisation to exchange information, best practices and engage with Chinas climate change stakeholders.
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an institution of applied economic and trade policy research and consultancy directly under the Ministry of Commerce MOFCOM of the People’s Republic of China. Research Fields: world economy international trade international economic cooperation...
- International Poverty Reduction Center in China (IPRCC)
- Chinese platform for knowledge sharing, information exchange and international collaboration in the areas of poverty reduction and development.
- Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP)
- Founded in 2001, the Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP) of the State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) is a public institution with independent legal status. CAEP provides technical support and services such as environmental planning, environmental policy and consultation on environmental project selection management for the Chinese government and corporations.
- The Chinese Government's Official Web Portal
- is cutting down on carbon emission by China significant?
- China Environmental Science Press (CESP)
- Factory Improvement Training (FIT 5)
- Multi-supplier training programme
- Institute of Contemporary Observation (ICO)
- Labour development and corporate social responsibility in China
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), China
- UNDP's office in China