Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- China–Zimbabwe relations: a model of China–Africa relations?
- Z. Chun / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2014
- There are two parallel interpretations of the relationship between China and Zimbabwe: on the one hand, it is often viewed as a microcosm of China–Africa relations due to its economic and resource elements; on the other, it is p...
- Sino-American rivalry in the context of Asia-Pacific economic regionalism
- D.P. Novikov; A.S. Pyatachkova / State University Higher School of Economics,, Russian Federation, 2014
- The rise of Asian regionalism and Sino-American rivalry are determining trends in the Asia-Pacific region. Asian economic indicators remain stable and growing even during the severe global crisis of 2008 and have become more and more ...
- Renewable Energy Prospects: China, REmap 2030 analysis
- D. Gielen; D. Saygin; N. Wagner; Y. Chen / International Renewable Energy Agency, 2014
- This report is based on analysis from the International Renewable Energy Agency’s (IRENA) REmap 2030 – a global roadmap which assesses how countries can work together to double the share of renewable energy in the global e...
- Mapping China's climate policy formation process
- C. Hart; Z. Jiayan; Y. Jiahui / China Carbon Forum, 2014
- This report aims to enhance understanding of policy formation on climate change issues in China. Its primary aim is to identify the key organisations within and outside China's government responsible for shaping its climate pol...
- The People’s Republic of China’s potential growth rate: the long-run constraints
- J Felipe; M. Lanzafame; J. Zhuang / Asian Development Bank, 2014
- The Chinese Communist Party set an ambitious reform agenda for the 12th Five-Year Plan (2011–2015). These reforms are expected to continue during the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016–2020). There is agreement that the People&rsqu...
- What can Africa learn from China's experience in agricultural development
- Trade Law Centre for Southern Africa, 2014
- Recently there has been a growing interest in China’s rapid economic growth, particularly concerning the role of agriculture and its impact on poverty reduction. While China and Africa havedeveloped their agricultural sectors un...
- China’s industrialization: overview – implications for Africa’s industrialization
- L. Xiaoyun / Trade Law Centre for Southern Africa, 2014
- Within a span of some six decades, especially the three decades after reform and opening up, China has been basically transformed from a traditional agricultural country to a modern industrialised state. Despite this great achievement...
- State-directed multi-national enterprises and transnational governance: Chinese investments, corporate responsibility and sustainability norms
- D. Cissé; S. Grimm; A. Nölke / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch, 2014
- Africa clearly needs foreign investments for its development. But such investments in extractive industries and hydropower projects should not cause ecological degradation and threaten the livelihoods of many Africans. Sustainability ...
- The Chinese solar energy industry and potential of renewables in Africa
- Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch, 2013
- China and Africa are developing in a time of climate change and scarcity. According to most climate scientists global economies will have to make a green shift to ensure continued future growth. However, there are very large differenc...
- China - Mali relationship: finding mutual benefit between unequal partners
- Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch, 2014
- Since 2000, China-Africa co-operation has seen a rapid increase in scope and size. The West African nation of Mali is one of the 50 African states with diplomatic relations with China; its experience allows for possible parallels with...
- China Carbon Forum (CCF)
- China Carbon Forum (CCF) was established in 2007 by professionals in Chinas climate change sector as a non-for-profit organisation to exchange information, best practices and engage with Chinas climate change stakeholders.
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an institution of applied economic and trade policy research and consultancy directly under the Ministry of Commerce MOFCOM of the People’s Republic of China. Research Fields: world economy international trade international economic cooperation...
- International Poverty Reduction Center in China (IPRCC)
- Chinese platform for knowledge sharing, information exchange and international collaboration in the areas of poverty reduction and development.
- Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP)
- Founded in 2001, the Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP) of the State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) is a public institution with independent legal status. CAEP provides technical support and services such as environmental planning, environmental policy and consultation on environmental project selection management for the Chinese government and corporations.
- The Chinese Government's Official Web Portal
- is cutting down on carbon emission by China significant?
- China Environmental Science Press (CESP)
- Factory Improvement Training (FIT 5)
- Multi-supplier training programme
- Institute of Contemporary Observation (ICO)
- Labour development and corporate social responsibility in China
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), China
- UNDP's office in China
- The China Business Council for Sustainable Development (CBCSD)
- Coalition of leading Chinese and foreign enterprises registered and operating in China