Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Re-examining India's nuclear doctrine
- P. Das / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- The Indian Government announced its formal nuclear doctrine on 4 January 2003, almost five years after testing its nuclear weapons capability in May 1998. While the one-page document was vague and subject to interpretation, what was c...
- Projected climate change and impact on bioclimatic conditions in Central and South-Central Asia
- R.J. Zomer; M. Wang; J. Xu / World Agroforestry Centre, 2015
- This report summarizes a set of bioclimatic indicators and the expected impacts of climate change on bioclimatic conditions in Central and South-Central Asia. It is intended to provide a basis for understanding the potential im...
- Women in the labour market in China
- S. Dasgupta; M. Matsumoto; C. Xia / International Labour Organization, 2015
- his paper reviews the evolution of gender inequality in China’s labour market during the economic and social reform since 1978. The reform phase has been a period of high growth in China, but during this period we also observe i...
- The United Nations Post-2015 Agenda for Global Development: perspectives from China and Europe
- T. Fues (ed); J. Ye (ed) / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik / German Development Institute (GDI), 2014
- This publication focuses on scholarly discourses and policy challenges in China and Germany. Articles from The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), also cover European perspectives whil...
- Building better water governance in response to climate change and water stress: a case study of Lijiang, Yunnan Province, China
- Y. Su; R.E. Grumbine; J. Xu; K. Hyde / International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, (ICIMOD), Nepal, 2015
- This paper presents the results and analysis of a study conducted in Lijiang of Yunnan Province, China in 2013. The focus of the study was on the major changes in local people’s socioeconomic situation and the natural, ec...
- The Contingent Reserve Arrangement: a redesign of the International Monetary System
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2015
- The BRICS countries established the New Development Bank (NDB) and the Contingent Reserve (CRA) Arrangement at their sixth Summit at Fortaleza, Brazil on 15 July 2014. This policy brief examines the implications of the CRA both...
- Reconfiguring international financial institutions: the BRICS Initiative
- M. Agarwal / Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2015
- This paper examines the implications of the establishment of the New Development Bank (NDB) and the Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA) for the international financial system and for the BRICS countries. Their establishment is placed...
- China’s development finance: ambition, impact and transparency
- J. Xu; R. Carey / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2015
- In a context of lagging reform in the Bretton Woods institutions, China has brought the debate on its role as a rising power in global economic governance onto the front pages, notably with the divided response of ‘the West&rsqu...
- Pakistan in China’s eyes: pawn, pivot or a pointer to its world view?
- I.A. Chowdhury / Institute of South Asian Studies, 2015
- China’s engagement with Pakistan serves as a pointer to the way Beijing is likely to deal with the rest of the world as it redefines its pivotal global position. This policy briefing makes a series of observations about the rela...
- Take-off, persistence, and sustainability: the demographic factor of Chinese growth
- F. Cai; Y. Lu / The East Asian Bureau of Economic Research, 2015
- With the reduction of the working-age population and the increase of the population dependency ratio as the main characteristics of the demographic dividend having disappeared, China’s potential growth rate decreases. Results in...
- China International Development Research Network (CIDRN)
- Informal network of Chinese research centres and institutes. The network involves a collaboration of 17 Chinese institutions including universities, think tanks, and the central Chinese Communist party school. It is coordinated by Li Xiaoyun and the Research Center for International Development (RCID) / College of Humanities and Development Studies, China Agricultural University.
- China Institute of International Studies (CIIS)
- China Institute of International Studies (CIIS) is the think tank of China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It conducts research and analysis on a wide range of foreign policy issues.
- China Carbon Forum (CCF)
- China Carbon Forum (CCF) was established in 2007 by professionals in Chinas climate change sector as a non-for-profit organisation to exchange information, best practices and engage with Chinas climate change stakeholders.
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an institution of applied economic and trade policy research and consultancy directly under the Ministry of Commerce MOFCOM of the People’s Republic of China. Research Fields: world economy international trade international economic cooperation...
- International Poverty Reduction Center in China (IPRCC)
- Chinese platform for knowledge sharing, information exchange and international collaboration in the areas of poverty reduction and development.
- Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP)
- Founded in 2001, the Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP) of the State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) is a public institution with independent legal status. CAEP provides technical support and services such as environmental planning, environmental policy and consultation on environmental project selection management for the Chinese government and corporations.
- The Chinese Government's Official Web Portal
- is cutting down on carbon emission by China significant?
- China Environmental Science Press (CESP)
- Factory Improvement Training (FIT 5)
- Multi-supplier training programme
- Institute of Contemporary Observation (ICO)
- Labour development and corporate social responsibility in China