Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- National Development Banks in the BRICS: Lessons for the Post-2015 Development Finance Framework
- S. Spratt; B. Barone / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2015
- In 2015, the framework to succeed the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) will be agreed. As described in the outcome document of the United Nations (UN) Rio+20 conference, The Future We Want, the mobilisation and effective use of sta...
- Increased Chinese engagement in South Africa’s economy – strategies, opportunities and future implications
- Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch, 2015
- China and South Africa’s relationship has deepened in recent years. Extensive political structures, such as South Africa’s Comprehensive Strategic Partnership agreement with China, provide opportunities for bettering local...
- China’s engagement in international development cooperation: the state of the debate
- Y. Zhang; J. Gu; Y. Chen / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2015
- This Evidence report aims to investigate the recent evolution of China’s discourse on development and aid. More precisely, how do China’s policymakers and influential scholars understand and debate China’s role in th...
- The BRICS Contingent Reserve Arrangement and its position in the emerging global financial architecture
- N. Cattaneo; D. Fryer; M. Biziwick / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2015
- In its present shape and size the BRICS Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA) should be regarded as symbolic and exploratory rather than as a substantive challenger to the International Monetary Fund (IMF). However, the momentum of the...
- BRICS Insights 6: BRICS in their regions: exploring the roles of regional finance
- K. Hochstetler / Global Economic Governance Africa, 2015
- The diversity of sources of international development finance has increased dramatically in recent years. The large emerging powers of BRICS are central contributors to this phenomenon. While they have provided international finance f...
- BRICS Insights 3: The rise of development finance institutions South Africa, BRICS and regional strategy
- M. Qobo; M. Soko / Global Economic Governance Africa, 2015
- In contrast to the normative edge to South Africa’s foreign policy under former president Nelson Mandela and the focus on Africanism under former president Thabo Mbeki, foreign policy has taken a hard-edged posture under Preside...
- BRICS Insights 2: New South–South co-operation and the BRICS New Development Bank
- J. Jiejin / Global Economic Governance Africa, 2015
- The establishment of the BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) marks a milestone in BRICS co-operation and is a symbolic achievement in the reform of global financial governance. It will help to promote the financing of infrastructure amon...
- Rising China, foreign aid and the world - commentary on White Paper of China's Foreign Aid (2014)
- H. Liu / China International Development Research Network, 2015
- Compared with China’s rich experience in providing foreign assistance, the world’s knowledge about China’s efforts is still very limited, including China itself. When looking back, the modern history of China evolvin...
- The role of China’s NGOs in foreign aid and international development
- A. Li / China International Development Research Network, 2014
- As early as 2003, China’s former Foreign Minister Tang Jiaxuan said that China should seriously consider the role of NGOs in international affairs and increase China’s voice in the field of NGOs and international developme...
- China’s propositions and recommendations on the Post-2015 agenda
- X. Mao / China International Development Research Network, 2014
- With the MDGs coming to the end by 2015, the discussions about the Post-2015 Development Agenda in the international world are becoming more and more vigorous. Many national governments, research institutes, NGOs, as well as...
- China International Development Research Network (CIDRN)
- Informal network of Chinese research centres and institutes. The network involves a collaboration of 17 Chinese institutions including universities, think tanks, and the central Chinese Communist party school. It is coordinated by Li Xiaoyun and the Research Center for International Development (RCID) / College of Humanities and Development Studies, China Agricultural University.
- China Institute of International Studies (CIIS)
- China Institute of International Studies (CIIS) is the think tank of China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It conducts research and analysis on a wide range of foreign policy issues.
- China Carbon Forum (CCF)
- China Carbon Forum (CCF) was established in 2007 by professionals in Chinas climate change sector as a non-for-profit organisation to exchange information, best practices and engage with Chinas climate change stakeholders.
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an institution of applied economic and trade policy research and consultancy directly under the Ministry of Commerce MOFCOM of the People’s Republic of China. Research Fields: world economy international trade international economic cooperation...
- International Poverty Reduction Center in China (IPRCC)
- Chinese platform for knowledge sharing, information exchange and international collaboration in the areas of poverty reduction and development.
- Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP)
- Founded in 2001, the Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP) of the State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) is a public institution with independent legal status. CAEP provides technical support and services such as environmental planning, environmental policy and consultation on environmental project selection management for the Chinese government and corporations.
- The Chinese Government's Official Web Portal
- is cutting down on carbon emission by China significant?
- China Environmental Science Press (CESP)
- Factory Improvement Training (FIT 5)
- Multi-supplier training programme
- Institute of Contemporary Observation (ICO)
- Labour development and corporate social responsibility in China