Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Measuring China’s environmental industry based on environmental goods and services sector (EGSS) accounting framework – a synthesis report
- United Nations [UN] Environment Programme, 2014
- This synthesis report presents the results of a study on measuring China’s environmental industry, which aims to identify the feasibility of applying the environmental goods and services sector (EGSS) accounting framework there....
- Global health in foreign policy - and foreign policy in health? Evidence from the BRICS
- N.F. Watt; E.J. Gomez; M. McKee / Health Policy and Planning, 2014
- Amidst the growing literature on global health, much has been written recently about the Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa (BRICS) countries and their involvement and potential impact in global health, particularly in relatio...
- Urban China: Toward efficient, inclusive, and sustainable urbanization
- World Bank, 2014
- This report includes six priority areas for a new model of urbanisation: 1. Reforming land management and institutions: The report says currently the amount of farmland available is close to the 'red line' of 120 million hec...
- USCC Economic Issue Brief - RMB Internationalization.pdf
- U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, 2014
- China is by all measures a global economic power: it is the world’s largest exporter and second-largest importer of goods and services, the largest holder of foreign exchange reserves, and the second-largest economy. Yet ...
- LAC investment in China: a new chapter in Latin America and the Caribbean-China relations
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), 2014
- In a 2012 report, Pathways to China: The Story of Latin American Firms in the Chinese Market, the IDB took a first step towards better understanding the dimensions and drivers of investment from Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) i...
- Riding the Sudanese storm: China, India, Russia, Brazil and the two Sudans
- D. Large; L. Patey / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2014
- The creation of two Sudans following South Sudan’s independence has had important repercussions for two leading partners – China and India – trying to adapt to turbulent new circumstances and fluid politics. The tran...
- China's economic rise: history, trends, challenges, and implications for the United States
- W.M. Morrison / Federation of American Scientists, 2014
- Some economists forecast that China will overtake the United States as the world’s largest economy within a few years. China’s economic rise has significant implications for the United States and hence is of major interest...
- South Africa and China: the making of a partnership
- C. Alden; Y.-S. Wu / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2014
- South Africa–China relations are developing at a steady pace, from the onset of formal diplomatic ties in 1998 to the multi-faceted partnership we see today. Its various elements include historical links, diplomatic relations, m...
- Trade and exchange rates: effects of exchange rate misalignments on tariffs
- V. Thorstensen; E. Marçal; L. Ferraz 2013
- The genesis of the GATT and IMF in 1940s created a clear line between the GATT and IMF: one was to be responsible for trade liberalisation, and the other for exchange-rate. The current paper argues that this artificial construction cr...
- Ensuring access to rare earths: are WTO disciplines on export restrictions enough?
- V. Johnson 2013
- Global supply of rare earths (REs) has been inhibited by China’s policies which prohibit/limit exports, which have been purportedly undertaken with salutary objectives like mineral conservation and public health. This paper cons...
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an institution of applied economic and trade policy research and consultancy directly under the Ministry of Commerce MOFCOM of the People’s Republic of China. Research Fields: world economy international trade international economic cooperation...
- International Poverty Reduction Center in China (IPRCC)
- Chinese platform for knowledge sharing, information exchange and international collaboration in the areas of poverty reduction and development.
- Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP)
- Founded in 2001, the Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP) of the State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) is a public institution with independent legal status. CAEP provides technical support and services such as environmental planning, environmental policy and consultation on environmental project selection management for the Chinese government and corporations.
- The Chinese Government's Official Web Portal
- is cutting down on carbon emission by China significant?
- China Environmental Science Press (CESP)
- Factory Improvement Training (FIT 5)
- Multi-supplier training programme
- Institute of Contemporary Observation (ICO)
- Labour development and corporate social responsibility in China
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), China
- UNDP's office in China
- The China Business Council for Sustainable Development (CBCSD)
- Coalition of leading Chinese and foreign enterprises registered and operating in China
- Environment-oriented Enterprises Consultancy Zhejiang
Chinese environment and development consultancy based in Zhejiang