Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- New knowledge on children and young people: a synthesis of evidence
- R. Marcus; E. Page; J. Stephenson; D. Walker / Impact Initiative 2015
- Improving children and young peoples (CYP) wellbeing, and recognising the role they can play in creating a more sustainable world will be critical to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This timely report provides ...
- Mitigation of climate change risks and regulation by insurance: a feasible proposal for China
- Q. He / Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review 2016
- Climate change is one of the most fundamental challenges of our time. The extraordinary growth of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in China represents the single greatest obstacle to global climate change efforts in the comi...
- China’s African infrastructure projects: a tool in reshaping global norms
- R. du Plessis / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The resilience of Chinas investments in African infrastructure has been called into question in the light of its own economic slowdown. The substantial reduction in Chinese demand for African commodities has resulted in ...
- On becoming a responsible great power: contextualising China’s foray into human rights and peace & security in Africa
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The deepening of Chinas engagement with Africa has also prompted the broadening of its interests on the continent. This has resulted in Chinas expansion into increasingly riskier territories, which means there is a greater...
- Household food security in the face of climate change in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan region
- This study attempts to understand local peoples perceptions of climate change, its impacts on agriculture and household food security, and local adaptation strategies in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan (HKH) region, using data ...
- Subjective well- being of Chinese elderly: a comparative analysis among Urban China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan
- J. Miao; X. Wu / Population Studies Center, University of Michigan 2016
- This paper investigates the relative importance of living arrangement and social participation for the elderlys subjective well-being (happiness) in three Chinese societies (Hong Kong, urban China and Taiwan) with different leve...
- Economic repercussions of the Look East Policy in Zimbabwe
- F. Tombindo; N. Tukić / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2016
- In 2003, Zimbabwe formally announced the Look East Policy (LEP) in the face of economic sanctions by the West. This, coupled with the Forum on China Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) of 2000, has strengthened trade and bilateral investments ...
- Environmental costs of China’s new law on foreign NGOs
- Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2016
- In 2015, China's People's Congress revised and ratified a controversial foreign non-governmental organisation (NGO) management law that is set to take effect in 2017. According to reports, the new law will directly affect approximatel...
- Asia report on climate change and indigenous people
- J. Carling; J. Carino; L.N. Sherpa / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- The impacts of climate change are severe for at least 260 million indigenous peoples in Asia. The effects of warming temperature, extreme weather events, unpredictable seasons and sea level rise include loss of lives and prope...
- Tanzania-China all-weather friendship from socialism to globalization: a case of relative decline
- J.-P. Cabestan; J.-R. Chaponnière / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2016
- How close is the Tanzanian-Chinese partnership today? Bi-lateral trade and Chinese economic activity in Tanzania today is far more significant than in the 1970s; Chinas no strings attached policy is still attractive ...
- BRICS Information Sharing and Exchange Platform
- BRICS Information Sharing and Exchange Platform (also refered to as BRICS Portal) is the authoritative platform of BRICS-related information jointly developed by the Center for BRICS Studies of Fudan University (Shanghai, China) and the BRICS Business Council.
- School of Public Policy and Management of Tsinghua University
- The School of Public Policy and Management (SPPM) of Tsinghua University was founded in 2000. As the first graduate school of public administration in China, the Schools mission is to become a world-class institution that actively engages in teaching, research, and consulting in global public affairs.
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an inter-disciplinary and multifunctional institution of social science research and a consultative body directly under the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) of China. Its undertakings cover research, information consultancy, publishing, education and training.
- Research Center for International Development at China Agricultural University (RCID)
- The Research Center for International Development (RCID) was built on the formative constructs cultivated through a long period of engagement in international development intervention in China and abroad by the Center for Integrated Agriculture Development (CIAD), and later the COHD. The RCIDs mission is to generate and disseminate knowledge, as well as to inspire and inform policy makers of p...