Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Green building in Latin America
- D. Cesano; J. Russell 2013
- Amidst rapid urbanisation, Latin American countries have been scaling-up green building, in some cases achieving significant reductions in energy consumption, water use, carbon dioxide emissions, and solid waste. This Brief explores h...
- Innovating for the health of all: Global Forum update on research for health, volume 6
- Global Forum for Health Research, 2009
- This report focuses on incentives that drive innovation. For new technologies, people are generally familiar with push and pull incentives. Push incentives include public funding for research and tax breaks for...
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in Caribbean small island developing states: integrating local and external knowledge
- J. Mercer / Many Strong Voices, 2012
- Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS) are vulnerable to climate change impacts including sea level rise, invasive species, ocean acidification, changes in rainfall patterns, increased temperatures and changing hazard regimes...
- Glimpses of the future: a briefing from PRECIS Caribbean climate change project
- M. A. Taylor / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2007
- This report discusses the work and importance of the PRECIS climate scenario downscaling software on adaptation measures throughout the region. The collaborative work between the CARICOM Climate Change Centre, INSMET of Cuba, and the ...
- Cuba Weathering the Storm: Lessons in Risk Reduction from Cuba
- M. Thompson / Oxfam America, 2004
- This report hopes to present a comprehensive overview of the Cuban model of risk reduction in disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery and explore what may be adapted from this model in other countries. This report foc...
- Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America: the impact of climate change to 2030: geopolitical implications
- National Intelligence Council, USA, 2010
- As nations come under stress from the impacts of climate change the socio-economic burden has the potential to alter the geopolitical reality of small, vulnerable regions such as Central America and the Caribbean. This paper explores ...
- ICT4D within the human development and capabilities approach
- J.-Y. Hamel / United Nations Development Programme, 2010
- The paper reviews the literature and research conducted in these dimensions in order to establish a sense of the scope and potential that ICTs have for human development.This study frames a review of information and communication tech...
- Bridging the rural-urban divide
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2002
- Rural areas have long been a source of food, raw materials and labour for cities. So too, are cities places of opportunity for rural dwellers, providing markets for agricultural products, specialised services and sources of temporary ...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodríguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report...
- Promoting cleaner and efficient use of energy by enhancing the use of renewable energy for industrial applications
- United Nations [UN] Industrial Development Organization, 2010
- Renewable energy has become a viable option for enhancing access to energy at most places through on/off grid electrification, both in urban and rural areas, and promoting productive uses and industrial applications in energy intensiv...
- El Centro de Estudios de la Economía Cubana (CEEC)
- Offering consultancy services to Cuban enterprises
- Center for European Studies, Cuba
- Promoting research on social, political and economic issues in Europe