Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The implications of the Cuba-EU Agreement on Enhanced Political Dialogue and Cooperation
- S. Zondi / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2016
- On Friday, 11 March 2016, the European Union and Cuba signed a historic agreement, the Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement ( PDCA), to further improve relations that have grown slowly since the start of high - level dialogue ...
- Development strategies of Latin American and Caribbean countries and the green economy approach: a comparative analysis
- United Nations [UN] Environment Programme 2013
- The UN-led global debate on green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication, culminating at the Rio+20 Summit, presented a unique opportunity for nations to examine different development models, highlig...
- Integrating watershed and coastal areas management in the Caribbean small island developing states
- Global Environment Facility Environmental Information Infrastructure (EII) for Latin America and the Caribbean 2007
- The capacity needs assessment examined the functions, procedures, products, data, tools and human resources available in each agency and uses this information to determine GIS and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) requir...
- Green building in Latin America
- D. Cesano; J. Russell 2013
- Amidst rapid urbanisation, Latin American countries have been scaling-up green building, in some cases achieving significant reductions in energy consumption, water use, carbon dioxide emissions, and solid waste. This Brief explores h...
- Innovating for the health of all: Global Forum update on research for health, volume 6
- Global Forum for Health Research 2009
- This report focuses on incentives that drive innovation. For new technologies, people are generally familiar with push and pull incentives. Push incentives include public funding for research and tax breaks for...
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in Caribbean small island developing states: integrating local and external knowledge
- J. Mercer / Many Strong Voices 2012
- Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS) are vulnerable to climate change impacts including sea level rise, invasive species, ocean acidification, changes in rainfall patterns, increased temperatures and changing hazard regimes...
- Glimpses of the future: a briefing from PRECIS Caribbean climate change project
- M. A. Taylor / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2007
- This report discusses the work and importance of the PRECIS climate scenario downscaling software on adaptation measures throughout the region. The collaborative work between the CARICOM Climate Change Centre, INSMET of Cuba, and the ...
- Cuba Weathering the Storm: Lessons in Risk Reduction from Cuba
- M. Thompson / Oxfam America 2004
- This report hopes to present a comprehensive overview of the Cuban model of risk reduction in disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery and explore what may be adapted from this model in other countries. This report foc...
- Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America: the impact of climate change to 2030: geopolitical implications
- National Intelligence Council, USA 2010
- As nations come under stress from the impacts of climate change the socio-economic burden has the potential to alter the geopolitical reality of small, vulnerable regions such as Central America and the Caribbean. This paper explores ...
- ICT4D within the human development and capabilities approach
- J.-Y. Hamel / United Nations Development Programme 2010
- The paper reviews the literature and research conducted in these dimensions in order to establish a sense of the scope and potential that ICTs have for human development.This study frames a review of information and communication tech...