Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Commonwealth of Dominica Second National Communication on Climate Change
- UNFCCC National Communications (Non-Annex I), 2012
- This Second National Communication (SNC) on Climate Change is in compliance with Dominica’s obligation to the UNFCCC. Chapter 1 sets the National Circumstances, and in particular the aspects of development policies related to th...
- Enhancing Gender Visibility in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change in the Caribbean: Country Assessment Report for The Commonwealth of Dominica
- E. Ellis / United Nations Development Programme, 2009
- This country assessment on gender, climate change and disaster risk management in Dominica provides insight on the extent to which governance mechanisms for risk management effectively incorporate gender considerations. Dominica, like...
- Energy policy and sector analysis in the Caribbean (2010-2011)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas, 2012
- This report analyses the state of the energy sector and energy policy in seven small island developing states (SIDS) in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities in the countries. The repo...
- Enhancing the climate risk and adaptation fact base for the Caribbean ... preliminary results of the ECA study
- Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility, 2010
- The impacts of climate change in the form of phenomena such as sea level rise and intensified natural disasters weigh heavily on the developing economies of the Caribbean. The key to reducing the scope and severity of losses lies in p...
- Commonwealth of Dominica initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- B.M. John 2001
- This is the initial communication report of the national communication prepared by the government of Dominica for the UNFCCC. The text of the article includes a basic background of Dominica including data on geography, climate, the ec...
- Norwegian and Swedish child rights support in Sudan
- C. McSweeny / United Nations Development Programme, 2008
- A profile of the nation of Dominica compiled for the UNDP. It includes an overview of the island's present climate and how it is anticipated to alter in the face of climate change. The article goes on to discuss Dominica's vulnerabili...
- Developing pilot projects for climate change in Dominica: Report on the technical forum on climate change (SPACC)
- H. Floyd / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2009
- This report represents a compilation and summary of the "Technical Forum on Climate Change" held in Dominica. The presentation centred on different aspects of climate change adaptation such as policy, data collection, biodiversity and...
- Assessing the impacts of climate change on community-based sustainable use of forest resources in the Caribbean
- Caribbean Natural Resources Institute, 2010
- The study identifies forest-based livelihood activities in communities, actual and projected climate change impacts on these activities, and possible interventions to increase the communities resilience to climate change. Among ...
- Assessing climate change impacts on coastal infrastructure in the Eastern Caribbean
- G. Cid; E. Kruse / Elsevier, 2003
- Expected effects of changes in global climate include warmer temperatures, rising sea levels, and potentially more frequent and severe extreme weather events such as hurricanes and tropical storms. Low-lying states in the Caribbean ar...
- Legal frameworks affecting PLHIV in the Caribbean
- Caribbean Community Secretariat, 2010
- This publication, commissioned by CARICOM, is a desk review report of existing legislative frameworks affecting people living with HIV (PLHIV) and their families in eleven countries in the Caribbean. The study highli...