Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- A Caribbean geothermal success story
- A. Maynard-Date; A. George / United Nations 2014
- In the case of the Commonwealth of Dominica, the island is poised to develop its first commercial geothermal power plant and only the second geothermal plant of that type in 30 years within the Caribbean Region. The results fro...
- Integrating watershed and coastal areas management in the Caribbean small island developing states
- Global Environment Facility Environmental Information Infrastructure (EII) for Latin America and the Caribbean 2007
- The capacity needs assessment examined the functions, procedures, products, data, tools and human resources available in each agency and uses this information to determine GIS and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) requir...
- Report on the KAP survey of six participating member states
- US Agency for International Development 2013
- The KAP on climate change was conducted to assess the knowledge of, attitudes to, and practices of the population of the OECS - Anti...
- Disaster risk reduction country profile: Dominica 2014
- A. Paul-Rolle / International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2014
- The development of the Country Risk Profile forms a critical part of the strategic effort by the Dominican government's Growth and Social Protection Strategy (GSPS) that seeks to reduce environmental vulnerability and improve di...
- SPACC Situation Analysis for Dominica
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2009
- The purpose of this situational analysis is to assist the deliberations and evaluation to be undertaken by the Forum convened by the Government of Dominica. Prepared with the assistance of local experts, this analysis draws from ...
- Commonwealth of Dominica Second National Communication on Climate Change
- UNFCCC National Communications (Non-Annex I) 2012
- This Second National Communication (SNC) on Climate Change is in compliance with Dominica’s obligation to the UNFCCC. Chapter 1 sets the National Circumstances, and in particular the aspects of development policies related to th...
- Enhancing Gender Visibility in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change in the Caribbean: Country Assessment Report for The Commonwealth of Dominica
- E. Ellis / United Nations Development Programme 2009
- This country assessment on gender, climate change and disaster risk management in Dominica provides insight on the extent to which governance mechanisms for risk management effectively incorporate gender considerations. Dominica, like...
- Energy policy and sector analysis in the Caribbean (2010-2011)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas 2012
- This report analyses the state of the energy sector and energy policy in seven small island developing states (SIDS) in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities in the countries. The repo...
- Enhancing the climate risk and adaptation fact base for the Caribbean ... preliminary results of the ECA study
- Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility 2010
- The impacts of climate change in the form of phenomena such as sea level rise and intensified natural disasters weigh heavily on the developing economies of the Caribbean. The key to reducing the scope and severity of losses lies in p...
- Commonwealth of Dominica initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- B.M. John 2001