Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in Caribbean small island developing states: integrating local and external knowledge
- J. Mercer / Many Strong Voices, 2012
- Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS) are vulnerable to climate change impacts including sea level rise, invasive species, ocean acidification, changes in rainfall patterns, increased temperatures and changing hazard regimes...
- Potential impacts of climate change on biodiversity in Central America, Mexico and the Dominican Republic
- E. R. Anderson 2008
- The overall objective of the current study is to assess the potential impacts of climate change on the biodiversity of Belize, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Panama. The st...
- Climate change and the macroeconomy in the Caribbean basin: analysis and projections to 2099
- United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2010
- In this study, an attempt is made to assess the economic impact of climate change on nine countries in the Caribbean basin: Aruba, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Saint Lucia and Trinid...
- Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America: the impact of climate change to 2030: geopolitical implications
- National Intelligence Council, USA, 2010
- As nations come under stress from the impacts of climate change the socio-economic burden has the potential to alter the geopolitical reality of small, vulnerable regions such as Central America and the Caribbean. This paper explores ...
- The impact of climate change on the tourism sector in selected Caribbean countries
- S. Sookram / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2008
- Tourism is an important source of economic growth in the Caribbean and one of the most important industrial sectors for some countries in the subregion. The purpose of this study is to estimate the economic impact of climate change on...
- The road to Copenhagen - the Dominican Republic's position on climate change
- Web Oficina Nacional de Mecanismo de Desarrollo Limpio / National Council for Climate Change and Cle, 2009
- This paper aims to present position of the Dominican Republic and its institutions on the topic of discussion in the negotiations on climate change, which are based on the pillars of the Bali Action Plan. It represents efforts of the ...
- Gender-sensitive approaches and good practice examples from GIZ
- J. Krauss / Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, 2011
- The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development has made gender-specific challenges and responses to climate change a priority. The Ministry’s Development Policy Action Plan on Gender (2009–2012) calls...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population ...
- Good practice country-level advocacy, communication and social mobilisation contributing to tuberculosis control
- World Health Organization, 2010
- This document - born out of the need for practical examples of the fifth component of the Stop TB Strategy: “Empower people with TB, and communities through partnership” - contains good practice examples of country-level A...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodríguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report...