Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Export development for the Donimican Republic
- Korea Development Institute 2009
- In terms of average annual economic growth, the Dominican Republic has been one of the best-performing countries in Latin America since 1960. However, a closer examination shows that its economic performance leaves much to be desired....
- Integrating watershed and coastal areas management in the Caribbean small island developing states
- Global Environment Facility Environmental Information Infrastructure (EII) for Latin America and the Caribbean 2007
- The capacity needs assessment examined the functions, procedures, products, data, tools and human resources available in each agency and uses this information to determine GIS and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) requir...
- Vulnerability and capacity assessment (VCA) in climate change in agriculture in the province of San Juan and Subzone Hondo Valle, Elias Piña, Dominican Republic
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2015
- This study Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (VCA) of the Agricultural Sector to Climate Change, has been developed based on the methodology established by the CCCCC: Vulnerability and Capacity Manual, A Methodological Guide to co...
- Implementing energy subsidy reforms: evidence from developing countries
- M. Vagliasindi / World Bank 2013
- This report aims to provide the emerging lessons from a representative sample of 20 country case studies that could help policy makers to address implementation challenges, including overcoming political economy and affordability cons...
- Re-framing island nations as champions of resilience in the face of climate change and disaster risk.
- R.M De Souza; S. Henly-Shepard; K. McNamara; N. Fernando / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2015
- This paper is part of a set of working papers that resulted from the Resilience Academy 2013-2014. The United Nations University Institute of Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) publishes these papers as part of its UNU-EHS Worki...
- Enhancing Gender Visibility in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change in the Caribbean: Country Assessment Report for The Dominican Republic
- L.L. Dunn / United Nations Development Programme 2009
- This report presents the results of the country assessment of the Dominican Republic. It is based on data collected from a field visit and consultations with eight institutions as well as a review of relevant literature. The latter he...
- Compendium of lessons learned from ARCC climate change vulnerability assessments
- L. Wood / US Agency for International Development 2014
- This report draws on experience gained through preparing assessments in the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Malawi, Senegal, and Uganda. It is intended that the lessons compiled in this report constitute a reference tool that can ...
- Latin American and Caribbean Report: LACWHN looks at six Latin America and Caribbean countries: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic – Cairo +20, 2012
- In 1993 the Latin American and Caribbean Women’s Health Network (LACWHN) convened the first meeting on 'Women and Population Policies in Latin America and the Caribbean', attended by 70 women from 18 countries, setting...
- Pursuing a green economy: growth alongside environmental sustainability in Latin America
- Evidence and Lessons from Latin America 2014
- Latin American countries have been implementing some innovative market incentives to catalyse the expansion of the green economy, in particular in relation to natural resource conservation and development of greener energy and infrast...
- ‘¿Como te haces entender?’Gender and Gun Culture in Caribbean Context
- United Nations International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women 2010
- Although Latin America and the Caribbean have not seen interstate conflict for decades, the countries in the region cannot be said to be at peace given the high levels of gun violence. In spite of the magnitude of the problem, there i...