Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- IRENA handbook on renewable energy nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs) for project developers and policy makers
- International Renewable Energy Agency, 2012
- This handbook focuses on the role that nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs) can play in promoting renewable energy (RE) in developing countries. So far, over 50 countries have proposed NAMAs and a registry has been set up under...
- Strengthening climate resilience: the case of Grenada
- S. Prescod Dalrymple / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2012
- This ‘Inside story on climate compatible development’ by the Climate and Development Knowledge Network describes how Grenada, a highly climate-vulnerable small island developing state (SIDS), is using its Strategic Program for Climate Resil...
- Climate change adaptation in Grenada: water resources, coastal ecosystems and renewable energy
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations, 2012
- This study attempts to encourage practical implementation of climate change adaptation programmes and their integration into national plans for sustainable development. It argues that the assessment process must evolve over time to fit cont...
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in Caribbean small island developing states: integrating local and external knowledge
- J. Mercer / Many Strong Voices, 2012
- Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS) are vulnerable to climate change impacts including sea level rise, invasive species, ocean acidification, changes in rainfall patterns, increased temperatures and changing hazard regimes. Many...
- Energy policy and sector analysis in the Caribbean (2010-2011)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas, 2012
- This report analyses the state of the energy sector and energy policy in seven small island developing states (SIDS) in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities in the countries. The report pro...
- Grenada's initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- L. Charles 2000
- This is the initial communication report of the national communication prepared by the government of Grenada for the UNFCCC. The text of the article includes a basic background of Grenada including data on geography, climate, the economy, a...
- UNDP climate change country profile: Grenada
- C. McSweeny / United Nations Development Programme, 2008
- A profile of the nation of Grenada compiled for the UNDP. It includes an overview of the island's present climate and how it is anticipated to alter in the face of climate change. The article goes on to discuss Grenada's vulnerability to th...
- Assessing the impacts of climate change on community-based sustainable use of forest resources in the Caribbean
- Caribbean Natural Resources Institute, 2010
- The study identifies forest-based livelihood activities in communities, actual and projected climate change impacts on these activities, and possible interventions to increase the communities’ resilience to climate change. Among the issues ...
- Assessing climate change impacts on coastal infrastructure in the Eastern Caribbean
- G. Cid; E. Kruse / Elsevier, 2003
- Expected effects of changes in global climate include warmer temperatures, rising sea levels, and potentially more frequent and severe extreme weather events such as hurricanes and tropical storms. Low-lying states in the Caribbean are espe...
- Legal frameworks affecting PLHIV in the Caribbean
- Caribbean Community Secretariat, 2010
- This publication, commissioned by CARICOM, is a desk review report of existing legislative frameworks affecting people living with HIV (PLHIV) and their families in eleven countries in the Caribbean. The study highlights findings arou...