Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Thinking about the politics of inclusive development: towards a relational approach
- S. Hickey / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2013
- This paper indicates that a range of conceptual approaches have recently emerged within international development literature that seek to capture the specific ways in which politics shapes development. The paper critically assesses wh...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- The political dynamics of economic growth
- K. Sen / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2012
- This survey article is an assessment of what is known about the political determinants of economic growth, i.e. the role of political factors in explaining why some countries’ economies grow faster than others. The paper suggest...
- The politics of what works in service delivery: an evidence-based review
- C. Mcloughlin; R. Batley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2012
- This paper examines the evidence on the forms of politics likely to promote inclusive social provisioning and enable, as opposed to constrain, improvements in service outcomes. The paper focuses particularly on eight relatively succes...
- The politics of what works for the poor in public expenditure and taxation: a review
- P. Mosley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2012
- This paper examines the questions of which fiscal (public expenditure and taxation) options work in terms of poverty reduction, and how they can be made implementable in practice. The point of departure of the analysis is that althoug...
- A Pro-Poor INDC? Designing Indonesia INDC that enhance a low carbon and resilient development
- H. Imelda; F. Tumiwa / Institute for Essential Services Reform, 2015
- This paper makes several recommendations on developing a pro-poor Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC) that includes mitigation and adaptation activities, particularly in Indonesia. It argues that INDC presents tw...
- Trillions gained and lost: estimating the magnitude of growth episodes
- L. Pritchett; K. Sen; S. Kar / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2013
- “Steady state” growth rates are bounded below by zero, and historical observation on the economically leading countries suggests 2% annum as an upper bound. However, the current paper indicates that the variance in decadal...
- Guidelines for employers on maternity protection at work
- International Labour Organization, 2014
- For working women, pregnancy and maternity are vulnerable times. Maternity leave and breastfeeding breaks while at work are protected under national and international law in most countries. Special protection is required in the ...
- Food Security and Vulnerability Atlas of Indonesia 2015
- World Food Programme, 2015
- This annual report aims to provide a comprehensive geographic profile of food and nutrition insecurity across Indonesia, in order to enhance targeting, inform policy and improve the design of programmes for reducing vulnerability to f...
- Indonesia’s ‘green agriculture’ strategies and policies: Closing the gap between aspirations and application
- B. Leimona; S. Amaruzaman; B. Arifin / World Agroforestry Centre, 2015
- With a focus on Indonesia, this study provides an overview of the state of-the-art of green agriculture, the policies and strategies associated with it, the commonly applied instruments, and the situation in the field. It aims ...
- Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR)
- IESR (Institute for Essential Services Reform) is a think tank which was established in 2007 and advocates for the fulfillment of society's energy needs, fairness in the use of natural resources and ecological sustainability.
- Institute of Resource Governance and Social Change (IRGSC)
- IRGSC is a policy research institute and think tank comprising of researchers/scientists/ scholars, public intellectuals, and policy entrepreneurs based in Indonesia. Established in 2012 in Indonesia, IRGSCs regional focus includes Indonesia, Timor-Leste, and ASEAN countries.
- Platform for international peer-reviewed journals focusing on sanitation published in Indonesia.
- Indonesian-based environmental research institute with a strong climate change programme
- SMERU Research Institute, Indonesia
- Conducting research on socio-economic and poverty issues
- University of Lampung, Indonesia (UNILA)
- Teaching and research university in the Indonesian province of Lampung
- Centre for Environmental Studies, University of Surabaya, Indonesia
- Research and training institute focussing on the environment and sustainable development
- Greenomics Indonesia
- Good governance in natural resources
- Support for Decentralisation Measures, Indonesia / Proyek Pendukung Pemantapan Penataan Desentralisasi (P4D) (SFDM)
- This GTZ supported programme assists the Indonesia Ministry of Home Affairs as well as other responsible government agencies and the respective inter-ministerial teams in refining the legal framework for decentralization and local governance, and in providing decentralization-related information to interested stakeholders, among others through a regular newsletter and the project home page. The...
- Center for Industrial Economic Studies, Faculty of Economics, University of Trisakti, Indonesia
- Economic department, Trisakti University, Indonesia