Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Information networks and power: confronting the "wicked problem" of REDD+ in Indonesia
- M. Moelinono; C. Gallemore; L. Santoso / Ecology and Society, 2014
- This journal article suggests weak information exchange between the Indonesia national government, national civil society, and transnational actors when it comes to Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+)....
- From the ground up: Changing the conversation about climate change
- S. Faris; S. Lipscombe; S. Whitehead; D. Wilson / BBC Media Action, 2014
- This policy briefing, produced by BBC Media Action, draws upon the world’s largest study of people’s everyday experience of climate change: the Climate Asia Project. The project involved speaking to over 33,500 people acro...
- Synergies across a REDD+ landscape: Non-carbon benefits, joint mitigation and adaptation, and an analysis of submissions to the SBSTA
- P. Elias; S. Leonard; L. Cando / Center for International Forestry Research, 2014
- This brief draws from the scientific literature on non-carbon benefits and joint mitigation and adaptation, evaluates recent submissions to the Subsidiary Body on Scientific and Technical Advice (SBSTA) on these issues, and intends to...
- Impact of climate change on agriculture and food crops: Options for climate smart Agriculture and local adaptation in East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
- J. Lassa; Y. Seran Mau; D. Elcid Lu; N. Frans / Institute of Resource Governance and Social Change, 2014
- This paper identifies some of the innovations in water use efficiency and water management at crop levels such as mulching, water diversification measures and agro-forestry system which are being used by a few successful farmers. The ...
- Innovative Asia: advancing the knowledge-based economy - highlights of the forthcoming ADB study
- Asian Development Bank, 2014
- This paper provides highlights from an Asian Development Bank (ADB) study titled “Asia’s Knowledge Economies: Next Policy Agenda.” A suite of reports will be completed shortly under this study: a flagship report on k...
- Building national forest and land-use information systems: Lessons from Cameroon, Indonesia, and Peru
- L. Cheung; K. Austin; A. Utami / World Resources Institute, Washington DC, 2014
- This working paper, published by the World Resources Institute, looks at efforts in Cameroon, Indonesia, and Peru to invest in the infrastructure and capacity to track the impacts of changes from from forest and land-use-based climate...
- The effectiveness of climate finance: a review of the Indonesia Climate Change Trust Fund
- A. Halimanjaya; S. Nakhooda; S. Barnard / Overseas Development Institute, 2014
- This publication is a review of the Indonesia Climate Change Trust Fund (ICCTF) – the first national trust fund to seek funding from multiple donors to finance climate change policies and programmes. Although it says that the IC...
- Norway's International Climate and Forest Initiative: a strategic evaluation
- J. Lash; G. Dyer 2014
- Norway has created the political space needed to improve forest governance. This is one of the conclusions in a new evaluation of Norway's International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). Since 2008, Norway has contributed ...
- South China Sea: emerging security architecture
- T. Singh / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- The South China Sea (SCS) dispute has become a flash point in Southeast Asia. The dispute is between the five countries of Southeast Asia, China and Taiwan. In the process of strengthening their claims, these countries are strengtheni...
- Swiddens in transition: shifted perceptions on shifting cultivators in Indonesia
- World Agroforestry Centre, 2008
- Swidden is the origin of all current agricultural systems across Asia. How it has evolved in different settings depends on which period and products in the cycle the food cropping phase or the regenerating fallow phase emerge as the m...
- Institute of Resource Governance and Social Change (IRGSC)
- IRGSC is a policy research institute and think tank comprising of researchers/scientists/ scholars, public intellectuals, and policy entrepreneurs based in Indonesia. Established in 2012 in Indonesia, IRGSCs regional focus includes Indonesia, Timor-Leste, and ASEAN countries.
- Platform for international peer-reviewed journals focusing on sanitation published in Indonesia.
- Indonesian-based environmental research institute with a strong climate change programme
- SMERU Research Institute, Indonesia
- Conducting research on socio-economic and poverty issues
- University of Lampung, Indonesia (UNILA)
- Teaching and research university in the Indonesian province of Lampung
- Centre for Environmental Studies, University of Surabaya, Indonesia
- Research and training institute focussing on the environment and sustainable development
- Greenomics Indonesia
- Good governance in natural resources
- Support for Decentralisation Measures, Indonesia / Proyek Pendukung Pemantapan Penataan Desentralisasi (P4D) (SFDM)
- This GTZ supported programme assists the Indonesia Ministry of Home Affairs as well as other responsible government agencies and the respective inter-ministerial teams in refining the legal framework for decentralization and local governance, and in providing decentralization-related information to interested stakeholders, among others through a regular newsletter and the project home page. The...
- Center for Industrial Economic Studies, Faculty of Economics, University of Trisakti, Indonesia
- Economic department, Trisakti University, Indonesia
- Vía Campesina
- La Via Campesina is the international movement which brings together millions of peasants, small and medium-size farmers, landless people, women farmers, indigenous people, migrants and agricultural workers from around the world.