Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Understanding Wage Issues in the Tea Industry
- Oxfam, 2013
- Wage levels are an issue of concern across the globe as individuals, companies and governments wrestle with how wages paid to workers relate to costs of living, corporate and national competitiveness, profitability and broader macroec...
- Setting the scene: assessing and planning with harm reduction partners
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2013
- Community Action on Harm Reduction (CAHR) is an project spanning China, India, Indonesia, Kenya and Malaysia that aims to expand coverage to more than 230,000 people who inject drugs, their partners and children, with a wide range of ...
- Comparative analysis of climate change vulnerability assessments: lessons from Tunisia and Indonesia
- A. Hammill; L. Bizikova; J. Dekens / Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, 2013
- This comparative analysis of climate change vulnerability assessments (VAs) draws lessons from Tunisia and Indonesia to inform future VA planning and implementation. Central to shaping adaptation decisions, VAs provide the basis for b...
- Investigating the potential of mobile phones for e-governance in Indonesia
- R. M. Hua 2012
- This paper brings to the fore various issues that inhibit the adoption of e-governance in developing countries, particularly in Indonesia. It articulates the importance for understanding and taking into account citizens needs an...
- Mobilizing climate investment: the role of international climate finance in creating scaled-up low-carbon energy
- C. Polycarp; L. Brown; X. Fu-Bertaux 2013
- It is estimated that developing countries need US$ 531 billion per year additional investment in energy supply and demand technologies, between now and 2050, in order to limit global temperature rise to two degrees above pre-industria...
- Stolen Apes - The illicit trade in Chimpanzees, Gorillas, Bonobos and Orangutans
- D. Stiles / GRID Arendal, 2013
- The illegal trade in wildlife makes up one part of the multi-billion dollar business that is environmental crime and is increasingly being perpetrated at the cost of the poor and vulnerable. To date, conservation efforts have failed t...
- Report on MRV for low carbon development in Asia with 16 case studies
- K. Koakutsu (ed); K. Usui (ed); A. Watarai (ed); Y. Takagi (ed) / Institute for Global Environmental Strategies, Japan, 2013
- This policy report seeks to contribute to further development of measurement/monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) modalities and methodologies by providing conceptual clarification of MRV and outlining 16 case studies of MRV s...
- ICT in University Teaching/Learning and Research in Southeast Asian Countries: A Case of Indonesia
- T. D. Kunaefi 2011
- This case study concludes that ICT is undeniably instrumental in promoting teaching and research activities in higher education. It could solve problems pertaining to quality, equity, and access to higher education. ICT could also pro...
- Governing the forests: an institutional analysis of REDD+ and community forest management in Asia
- J. Puppim de Oliveira; T. Cadman; H. Ok Ma / International Tropical Timber Organization, 2013
- This report examines the history, structure and monitoring mechanisms of REDD+ to better understand how it impacts upon, and interacts with, Community Forest Management (CFM). It presents case studies of CFM and REDD+ governance from ...
- MSM Country Snapshot Series: INDONESIA
- The United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Asia Pacific Coalition on Male Sexual Health (APCOM) have released a new publication series intending to document and cir...
- Platform for international peer-reviewed journals focusing on sanitation published in Indonesia.
- Indonesian-based environmental research institute with a strong climate change programme
- SMERU Research Institute, Indonesia
- Conducting research on socio-economic and poverty issues
- University of Lampung, Indonesia (UNILA)
- Teaching and research university in the Indonesian province of Lampung
- Centre for Environmental Studies, University of Surabaya, Indonesia
- Research and training institute focussing on the environment and sustainable development
- Greenomics Indonesia
- Good governance in natural resources
- Support for Decentralisation Measures, Indonesia / Proyek Pendukung Pemantapan Penataan Desentralisasi (P4D) (SFDM)
- This GTZ supported programme assists the Indonesia Ministry of Home Affairs as well as other responsible government agencies and the respective inter-ministerial teams in refining the legal framework for decentralization and local governance, and in providing decentralization-related information to interested stakeholders, among others through a regular newsletter and the project home page. The...
- Center for Industrial Economic Studies, Faculty of Economics, University of Trisakti, Indonesia
- Economic department, Trisakti University, Indonesia
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization Jakarta Office (UNESCO)
- Asia and Pacific UNESCO: educational, scientific, and cultural organisation
- Demographic Institute, Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia (LD-FEUI)
- The Demographic Institute deals with issues of demography, population and development.