Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Challenges for Using ICT in Education: Teachers’ Insights
- H. Salehi 2012
- This study aims to investigate the teachers perceptions of the barriers and challenges preventing teachers to integrate ICT in the classroom. Therefore, a validated questionnaire was administered to 30 high school English teache...
- Would Syria’s agricultural sector benefit from an east-Mediterranean common market?
- M. Babili / AgEcon Search, 2013
- The series of recent economic sanctions against Syria imposed by several countries and blocs sparkled the idea of a regional common market that comprises Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. This paper looks into the actual possibility of e...
- Impacts of megacities on air pollution and climate
- T. Zhu / World Meteorological Organization, 2012
- Over half of the worlds population resides in urban areas and this number is projected to nearly double by 2050. This report provides an initial assessment of available information on air pollution and climate impacts in megacit...
- Effective factors on the villagers’ use of rural telecentres (case study of Hamadan province, Iran)
- F. Lashgarara 2012
- Fast speed of the communication integration and information transmittal has caused something called information and communication technology (ICT). Because it is the first experience of e-services through rural ICT centers in Iran, di...
- Developing Countries' Trade Vulnerabilities to EU Climate Policies
- International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development, 2011
- The European Union (EU) aims to take a lead in combating climate change and, as such, experiences a higher intensity of carbon leakage and competitiveness concerns. The EU is, however, an important export market for many developing co...
- ICT4D within the human development and capabilities approach
- J.-Y. Hamel / United Nations Development Programme, 2010
- The paper reviews the literature and research conducted in these dimensions in order to establish a sense of the scope and potential that ICTs have for human development.This study frames a review of information and communication tech...
- Showcasing 15 sound practices in disaster risk reduction in mega-cities
- F. Bendimerad; J. Buika; J. Fernandez / Earthquakes and Megacities Initiative, 2007
- Disaster risk reduction (DRR) is an important component for achieving sustainable development of cities and progress towards the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals. This manual is a disaster risk communication tool aim...
- This paper aims to highlight the research, performed in 2006-2007, the purpose of which was to identify the effectiveness of ICTs in improving the food availability of rural Iranian households.
- F. Lashgarara; S. Mirdamari; S. Hosseini 2010
- This paper aims to highlight the research, performed in 2006-2007, the purpose of which was to identify the effectiveness of ICTs in improving the food availability of rural Iranian households. A descriptive methodology was applied in...
- Perspectives and attitudes of policy-makers towards the use and impact of research in the health sector
- Adnan A. Hyder; Adrijana Corluka; Peter J. Winch / Health Policy and Planning, 2010
- This empirical study, published in the Health Policy and Planning journal, was undertaken to better understand the perspectives and attitudes of policy-makers towards the use and impact of research in the health sector in low- and mid...
- Improving employment prospects for the young in the MENA region
- International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2011
- The Near East and North Africa (NENA) region presents the largest cohort of youth after sub-Saharan Africa, with young people making up 20 per cent of the total population in NENA. Ths paper, prepared for the 34th session of the...
- Center for Sustainable Development and Environment, Iran (CENESTA)
- Centre promoting sustainable community and culture-based development in Iran
- Hamyaran Iran NGO Resource Center
- NGO capacity building institution
- The Institute for Women Studies and Research (IWSR)
- Iranian NGO conducting research on women's rights and violence against women
- Economic Cooperation Organization, Iran (ECO)
- Intergovernmental organisation to promote cooperation between Iran, Pakistan and Turkey