Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- One hundred years of oil income and the Iranian economy: a curse or a blessing?
- K. Mohaddes; M.H. Pesaran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2013
- This paper examines the impact of oil revenues on the Iranian economy over the past hundred years, spanning the period 1908--2010. The paper states that although oil has been produced in Iran over a very long period, its importance in...
- Navigating the Gulf: China’s balancing strategy
- M. Bagwandeen / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch, 2014
- Due to China’s growing energy needs that stem from its unrelenting economic development, Beijing stresses the importance of maintaining a continuous supply of energy - particularly oil - to maintain its impressive economic growt...
- Proxy means tests for targeting subsidies scheme in Iran
- M. Bakhshoodeh / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2013
- Iran’s most recent Five Year Economic Development Plan proposes a subsidy reform to eliminate subsidies, especially those on fuel and energy as well as on food and to replace them with targeted social assistance. This pap...
- Iran’s subsidy reform from promise to disappointment
- D.S. Isfahani / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2014
- In December 2010, Iran implemented an ambitious subsidy reform program for energy; however, three years later, the program has stalled and energy prices are once again well below their global levels. The current paper reveals that two...
- Transnational responses to violence against women in the name of 'culture': evaluation of the Violence Is Not Our Culture Campaign (2008-2011)
- A.L Shaheed / Women Living Under Muslim Law, 2011
- In 2007, members of the Stop Stoning Forever Campaign in Iran and the Women Living under Muslim Laws (WLUML) network initiated the ‘Violence is not our Culture’ (VNC) campaign. The VNC is aimed at bringing an end to the mi...
- Stoning in Iran, Somalia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan & Sudan
- W. Fautré; A. Iman; F. Timmins 2012
- The practice of stoning is closely associated with religious laws and observances. In ancient times, many communities used the practice to punish those who were deemed to have gone against God, challenged existing norms or threatened ...
- Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Justice For Iran presents this submission in response to the call for recommendations and best practices on gender-related killings of women and girls issued by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Justice Section. Thi...
- Iran and regional security: understanding Tehran’s predicaments, objectives and strategies
- A. Rai; P. Viswanathan; S. Dutta / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- •Iran has the capability of being a ‘regional hub’ when looked at from Morocco to South Asia. But its capability of emerging as a ‘regional hub’ is closely dependent upon recognition and acceptance by the ...
- India-Iran relations: past, present and future
- S.M. Nabizadeh / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- This paper is a transcript of the address delivered by the Iranian ambassador in New Delhi. The paper reveals that the relations between India and Iran go back thousands of years. However, two major events influenced India-Iran relati...
- The discontent in West Asia: implications for India
- A. Alam / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2011
- In the past, governments had succeeded in containing the spontaneous outbursts of crowds by a combination of force and temporary special measures. Nevertheless, the relative material deprivation combined with a perceived sense of inju...
- Center for Sustainable Development and Environment, Iran (CENESTA)
- Centre promoting sustainable community and culture-based development in Iran
- Hamyaran Iran NGO Resource Center
- NGO capacity building institution
- The Institute for Women Studies and Research (IWSR)
- Iranian NGO conducting research on women's rights and violence against women
- Economic Cooperation Organization, Iran (ECO)
- Intergovernmental organisation to promote cooperation between Iran, Pakistan and Turkey