Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Are export sanctions effective?
- J.I. Haidar / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Export sanctions continue to be used by countries while attempting to change the behavior of other governments, and, they still surface at the center of current policy debates when it comes to Iran. However, we still lack comp...
- Climate change vulnerability - cases from CIRDAP member countries
- Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific 2016
- Countries of the Asia Pacific region are particularly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change as indicated by the global assessments by the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). This monograph focuses on...
- Under sea pipedreams and India energy security
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- Iran’s game-changing nuclear deal with the West and imminent ending of the US-led sanctions open a window of opportunity for deeper Indo-Iranian relations. On the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Ufa in July 2015, Iran’s P...
- ICTs and Social Movements under Authoritarian Regimes: An Actor‐Network Perspective
- R. Heeks; R. Seo-Zindy 2013
- There has been significant recent interest in the role of information and communication technologies (ICTs) in social movements protesting against authoritarian regimes. Much of the literature on this topic can be framed in term...
- Implementing energy subsidy reforms: evidence from developing countries
- M. Vagliasindi / World Bank 2013
- This report aims to provide the emerging lessons from a representative sample of 20 country case studies that could help policy makers to address implementation challenges, including overcoming political economy and affordability cons...
- Country-specific oil supply shocks and the global economy: a counterfactual analysis
- K. Mohaddes; M.H. Pesaran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- This paper investigates the global macroeconomic consequences of country-specific oil-supply shocks. The paper is both theoretical and empirical. On the theoretical side, it develops a model for the global oil market and integrate thi...
- Can a nuclear deal help Iran’s young labor force?
- F. Roudi / Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars 2015
- Iran is poised to reap a vast “demographic dividend” if the appropriate national and international policies are adopted, including a nuclear deal with the P5+1 (five permanent members of the UN Security Council, plus Germa...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Income level and environmental quality in the MENA countries: discussing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis
- H. M'henni; M.E.H. Arouri; A.B. Youssef / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- The relationship between environmental quality and economic growth is puzzling. This paper illustrates that according to the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) hypothesis, as income increases, emissions increase as well until some thre...
- Sustainable development and environmental challenges in the MENA region: accounting for the environment in the 21st century
- S.L. Sakmar; M. Wackernagel; A. Galli / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Although many of MENA’s economic challenges have been widely analysed, environmental challenges are rarely taken into consideration in the process of formulating economic policies in the region. This paper addresses the major ga...