Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The proposal of common market among Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Iran: investigating opportunities for agricultural trade
- M. Babili / National Agricultural Policy Centre, Syria, 2013
- 2011 and 2012 witnessed a series of trade, financial and economic sanctions against Syria in the course of the crisis that has been hitting the country. The main characteristic of these sanctions is that they were imposed by Syria&rsq...
- Breaking through the iron ceiling: Iran’s new government and the hopes of the Iranian women’s movements
- R Jones / Association for Women's Rights in Development, 2013
- Iranian women's rights activist Sussan Tahmasebi has spoken to AWID as part of their Friday File series. Up for discussion is the topic of Iran's new president Hassan Rouhani, and what his election may mean for Iranian women. Compared...
- Against all odds: the women’s movement in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- H Hoodfar; F Sadeghi / Palgrave Macmillan, 2009
- This paper charts the history of the women’s movement in Iran, outlining its evolving organisational structure, the challenges women face from the state and wider society, and the successes that have been achieved. It begins wit...
- Aging in Iran: past, present and future
- R. Amini; S.R. Ingman; R. Sahaf / The Journal of Aging in Emerging Economies, 2013
- Because of fluctuations of fertility and mortality rates in different time periods, Iran has had a unique demographic profile. The Iran-Iraq war (1980-1988), one of the primary factors that affected the population demographics, has co...
- Challenges for Using ICT in Education: Teachers’ Insights
- H. Salehi 2012
- This study aims to investigate the teachers perceptions of the barriers and challenges preventing teachers to integrate ICT in the classroom. Therefore, a validated questionnaire was administered to 30 high school English teache...
- Would Syria’s agricultural sector benefit from an east-Mediterranean common market?
- M. Babili / AgEcon Search, 2013
- The series of recent economic sanctions against Syria imposed by several countries and blocs sparkled the idea of a regional common market that comprises Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. This paper looks into the actual possibility of e...
- Impacts of megacities on air pollution and climate
- T. Zhu / World Meteorological Organization, 2012
- Over half of the worlds population resides in urban areas and this number is projected to nearly double by 2050. This report provides an initial assessment of available information on air pollution and climate impacts in megacit...
- Effective factors on the villagers’ use of rural telecentres (case study of Hamadan province, Iran)
- F. Lashgarara 2012
- Fast speed of the communication integration and information transmittal has caused something called information and communication technology (ICT). Because it is the first experience of e-services through rural ICT centers in Iran, di...
- Developing Countries' Trade Vulnerabilities to EU Climate Policies
- International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development, 2011
- The European Union (EU) aims to take a lead in combating climate change and, as such, experiences a higher intensity of carbon leakage and competitiveness concerns. The EU is, however, an important export market for many developing co...
- ICT4D within the human development and capabilities approach
- J.-Y. Hamel / United Nations Development Programme, 2010
- The paper reviews the literature and research conducted in these dimensions in order to establish a sense of the scope and potential that ICTs have for human development.This study frames a review of information and communication tech...
- Center for Sustainable Development and Environment, Iran (CENESTA)
- Centre promoting sustainable community and culture-based development in Iran
- Hamyaran Iran NGO Resource Center
- NGO capacity building institution
- The Institute for Women Studies and Research (IWSR)
- Iranian NGO conducting research on women's rights and violence against women
- Economic Cooperation Organization, Iran (ECO)
- Intergovernmental organisation to promote cooperation between Iran, Pakistan and Turkey