Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Transnational responses to violence against women in the name of 'culture': evaluation of the Violence Is Not Our Culture Campaign (2008-2011)
- A.L Shaheed / Women Living Under Muslim Law, 2011
- In 2007, members of the Stop Stoning Forever Campaign in Iran and the Women Living under Muslim Laws (WLUML) network initiated the ‘Violence is not our Culture’ (VNC) campaign. The VNC is aimed at bringing an end to the mi...
- Stoning in Iran, Somalia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan & Sudan
- W. Fautré; A. Iman; F. Timmins 2012
- The practice of stoning is closely associated with religious laws and observances. In ancient times, many communities used the practice to punish those who were deemed to have gone against God, challenged existing norms or threatened ...
- Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Justice For Iran presents this submission in response to the call for recommendations and best practices on gender-related killings of women and girls issued by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Justice Section. Thi...
- Iran and regional security: understanding Tehran’s predicaments, objectives and strategies
- A. Rai; P. Viswanathan; S. Dutta / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- •Iran has the capability of being a ‘regional hub’ when looked at from Morocco to South Asia. But its capability of emerging as a ‘regional hub’ is closely dependent upon recognition and acceptance by the ...
- India-Iran relations: past, present and future
- S.M. Nabizadeh / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- This paper is a transcript of the address delivered by the Iranian ambassador in New Delhi. The paper reveals that the relations between India and Iran go back thousands of years. However, two major events influenced India-Iran relati...
- The discontent in West Asia: implications for India
- A. Alam / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2011
- In the past, governments had succeeded in containing the spontaneous outbursts of crowds by a combination of force and temporary special measures. Nevertheless, the relative material deprivation combined with a perceived sense of inju...
- Afghanistan- Pakistan- Iran: radical Islam, nuclear weapons and regional security.
- R. Banerji / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- This paper examines the relationship between political Islam in Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan and their quest for nuclear weapons. The author writes, for example, that Pakistan's nuclear arsenal emerges not merely as a national asset...
- Iran, international community & nuclear weapons - the multiple narratives
- A.I. Mitra; R. Neog; T. Kulkarni / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- Iran’s push towards nuclearization is dictated by several geostrategic and political factors that make it impossible for Iran to reverse course. Having a directly elected but arguably ineffectual President seems to work as a goo...
- Iran and the nuclear conundrum- a war in waiting?
- J. Jeganaathan / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India, 2012
- Fresh economic sanctions and the isolationist strategy of the West - the US and Europeans are once again driven by their dispute with Iran over its clandestine nuclear weapons programme. Despite the series of talks and negotiations ov...
- The proposal of common market among Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Iran: investigating opportunities for agricultural trade
- M. Babili / National Agricultural Policy Centre, Syria, 2013
- 2011 and 2012 witnessed a series of trade, financial and economic sanctions against Syria in the course of the crisis that has been hitting the country. The main characteristic of these sanctions is that they were imposed by Syria&rsq...
- Center for Sustainable Development and Environment, Iran (CENESTA)
- Centre promoting sustainable community and culture-based development in Iran
- Hamyaran Iran NGO Resource Center
- NGO capacity building institution
- The Institute for Women Studies and Research (IWSR)
- Iranian NGO conducting research on women's rights and violence against women
- Economic Cooperation Organization, Iran (ECO)
- Intergovernmental organisation to promote cooperation between Iran, Pakistan and Turkey