Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Country-specific oil supply shocks and the global economy: a counterfactual analysis
- K. Mohaddes; M.H. Pesaran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2015
- This paper investigates the global macroeconomic consequences of country-specific oil-supply shocks. The paper is both theoretical and empirical. On the theoretical side, it develops a model for the global oil market and integrate thi...
- Can a nuclear deal help Iran’s young labor force?
- F. Roudi / Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, 2015
- Iran is poised to reap a vast “demographic dividend” if the appropriate national and international policies are adopted, including a nuclear deal with the P5+1 (five permanent members of the UN Security Council, plus Germa...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre, 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Income level and environmental quality in the MENA countries: discussing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis
- H. M'henni; M.E.H. Arouri; A.B. Youssef / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The relationship between environmental quality and economic growth is puzzling. This paper illustrates that according to the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) hypothesis, as income increases, emissions increase as well until some thre...
- Sustainable development and environmental challenges in the MENA region: accounting for the environment in the 21st century
- S.L. Sakmar; M. Wackernagel; A. Galli / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Although many of MENA’s economic challenges have been widely analysed, environmental challenges are rarely taken into consideration in the process of formulating economic policies in the region. This paper addresses the major ga...
- Have Islamic banks been more resistant than conventional banks to the 2007-2008 financial crisis?
- K. Bourkhis; M.S. Nabi / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The recent global financial crisis has induced a series of failures of many conventional banks; in this context, many economists advocate for the return to narrow banking and/or for favouring the development of Islamic banking, suppos...
- Post-election challenges for the new government in Kabul
- A Bhatnagar / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2014
- With a new President (Ashraf Ghani) finally in place in Kabul, attention can shift from the protracted electoral process to the challenges likely to confront the new government. The ability of this government to deal with various poli...
- Creating incentives for more effective wastewater reuse in the Middle East and North Africa
- M. Jeuland / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Systematic water recycling remains rare in many arid and semi-arid countries, for example in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). This paper argues that much of the relative failure to make greater use of reclaimed wastewater in M...
- Institutional sphere contribution to human development: an institutional approach
- R. Chkoundali; H. Haffoudhi; H. Abdenneji / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The institutions have been considered as a major determinant of development with the new institutional economics. The main objective of this paper is to emphasise the importance of integrating the institutional indicator component for...
- Cyclicality of fiscal behavior in developing oil-producing countries: an empirical review
- N. Erbil / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Oil price volatility has increased in recent years, where these large, unpredictable swings have a major impact on fiscal balances in developing oil-producing economies. This paper examines the cyclicality of fiscal behaviour in 28 de...
- Center for Sustainable Development and Environment, Iran (CENESTA)
- Centre promoting sustainable community and culture-based development in Iran
- Hamyaran Iran NGO Resource Center
- NGO capacity building institution
- The Institute for Women Studies and Research (IWSR)
- Iranian NGO conducting research on women's rights and violence against women
- Economic Cooperation Organization, Iran (ECO)
- Intergovernmental organisation to promote cooperation between Iran, Pakistan and Turkey