Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Sustainable development and environmental challenges in the MENA region: accounting for the environment in the 21st century
- S.L. Sakmar; M. Wackernagel; A. Galli / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Although many of MENA’s economic challenges have been widely analysed, environmental challenges are rarely taken into consideration in the process of formulating economic policies in the region. This paper addresses the major ga...
- Have Islamic banks been more resistant than conventional banks to the 2007-2008 financial crisis?
- K. Bourkhis; M.S. Nabi / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The recent global financial crisis has induced a series of failures of many conventional banks; in this context, many economists advocate for the return to narrow banking and/or for favouring the development of Islamic banking, suppos...
- Post-election challenges for the new government in Kabul
- A Bhatnagar / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2014
- With a new President (Ashraf Ghani) finally in place in Kabul, attention can shift from the protracted electoral process to the challenges likely to confront the new government. The ability of this government to deal with various poli...
- Creating incentives for more effective wastewater reuse in the Middle East and North Africa
- M. Jeuland / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Systematic water recycling remains rare in many arid and semi-arid countries, for example in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). This paper argues that much of the relative failure to make greater use of reclaimed wastewater in M...
- Institutional sphere contribution to human development: an institutional approach
- R. Chkoundali; H. Haffoudhi; H. Abdenneji / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The institutions have been considered as a major determinant of development with the new institutional economics. The main objective of this paper is to emphasise the importance of integrating the institutional indicator component for...
- Cyclicality of fiscal behavior in developing oil-producing countries: an empirical review
- N. Erbil / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Oil price volatility has increased in recent years, where these large, unpredictable swings have a major impact on fiscal balances in developing oil-producing economies. This paper examines the cyclicality of fiscal behaviour in 28 de...
- Do Islamic banks employ less earnings management?
- M.A. Quttainah / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- The recent global financial crisis has shown mixed performance in banking industry; however, one notable phenomenon is that Islamic Banks (IBs) were not severely affected by the financial crises period. This paper examines whether IBs...
- Institutional evolution and economic development in Iran and Turkey
- E. Çeviker; E. Köksal / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Iran and Turkey historically had outwardly similar politoconomic experiences, but this convergence came to a standstill with their picking of totally diverse economic institutions in 1980s. This study attempts to provide an analysis o...
- Commodity windfalls, polarization, and net foreign assets: panel data evidence on the voracity effect
- R. Arezki; M. Brückner / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2011
- Basic inter-temporal theory of the current account predicts that countries which experience temporary revenue windfalls from international commodity price booms should experience an increase in their net foreign assets. This paper exa...
- Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among adult population of Isfahan city, Iran
- Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 2011
- Determination of vitamin D status in different age-groups in a community and in different climates of a country is necessary and has important implications for general health. The study is conducted to determine the prevalence of vita...
- Center for Sustainable Development and Environment, Iran (CENESTA)
- Centre promoting sustainable community and culture-based development in Iran
- Hamyaran Iran NGO Resource Center
- NGO capacity building institution
- The Institute for Women Studies and Research (IWSR)
- Iranian NGO conducting research on women's rights and violence against women
- Economic Cooperation Organization, Iran (ECO)
- Intergovernmental organisation to promote cooperation between Iran, Pakistan and Turkey