Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Social Protection for the elderly as a development strategy: a case study of Kenya's old persons cash transfer programme
- P. Mathiu; E.K. Mathiu / Instituto de Estudos Sociais e Económicos (IESE) 2016
- Kenya has made progressive investments in social protection forthe ageing, providing lessons and existing opportunities for similar programmes. In Kenya, there has been a paradigm shift from universal social protection schemes...
- Malnutrition and climate patterns in the ASALs of Kenya: A resilience analysis based on a pseudo-panel dataset
- S. Signorelli / International Food Policy Research Institute 2016
- This study showed how arid and semi-arid areas of Kenya are particularly affected by undernutrition in women and children. Despite undernutrition improving in the rest of the country, in the ASAL areas the trends appear to be negative...
- “Shamba Shape Up” ICT and AG Profile. USAID Fostering Agriculture Competitiveness Employment Information Communication Technologies (FACET).
- USAID true / US Agency for International Development 2013
- Shamba Shape Up is a farm makeover reality show that was first developed in Kenya. During each episode the presenter and agricultural experts visit a family farm to demonstrate practical solutions to help them improve their production...
- Preventing violent extremism in Kenya: policy options
- Centre for Human Rights and Policy Studies 2016
- For a long time, the Kenyan government, and security agencies in particular, relied on security-focused measures to address violent extremism. Some of these measures have resulted in serious violations of the individual rights and lib...
- When refugees cannot return home: A conflict conundrum in Africa’s Great Lakes region
- K.F. Tunda / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2016
- The call for using farmer knowledge in designing appropriate research, development and extension strategies has become common in recent years (eg Richards, 1985). However, in practice involving farmers in research is generally limited to th...
- Feminist Africa e-spaces:e-politics
- A. Mama (ed) / African Gender Institute, South Africa 2013
- Feminist Africa (FA) is a continental gender studies journal that provides a platform for intellectual and activist research, dialogue and strategy. Currently based in Cape Town, South Africa, FA is guided by a profound commitment to ...
- Improving efficiency in forestry operations and forest product processing in Kenya: A viable REDD+ policy and measure?: Summary for policy makers
- J. Maurice / UNEP Environmental Law Programme 2016
- This report seeks to assess whether increased efficiency in forestry operations and forest product processing and utilization constitute viable policies and measures to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+...
- How does a national poverty programme influence sexual debut among Kenyan adolescents?
- S. Handa; T. Palermo; M. Rosenberg / Routledge Taylor and Francis Group 2016
- Cash transfer programmes have recently emerged as promising interventions for HIV prevention among adolescents in Africa. However, the precise mechanisms through which risk reduction occurs are not well understood. This report seeks t...
- Report ALP final evaluation final
- CARE International 2015
- This report summarises five and a half years of ALP’s work in Community Based Adaptation practice, learning and advocacy in Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique and Niger and outreach across Africa. It demonstrates the programme outcomes an...
- Strengthening citizen agency and accountability through ICT: an extrapolation for Eastern Africa
- G. Zanello; P. Maassen / Taylor and Francis Group 2011
- We investigated the role of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT, namely mobile phones) in support of citizen agency and its potential in calling for authorities’ accountability. We focused on Eastern Africa and we us...