Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- There is no time left: climate change, environmental threats, and human rights in Turkana County, Kenya
- Human Rights Watch 2015
- This report is based on research in Turkana County in northwestern Kenya. Turkana County borders South Sudan, Ethiopia and Uganda. Turkana County is home to a rapidly growing population that is among the poorest in Kenya. ...
- Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa: ALP results, outcomes and impacts report, January 2010 to June 2015
- CARE International 2015
- This report presents an overview of the outcomes and learning generated from the Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa (ALP) over five and a half years of implementation (2010-2015). It presents the perspectives of the ALP teams an...
- Gender approaches in climate compatible development: lessons from Kenya
- E. Nyukuri / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Gender is an important driver of vulnerability to climate risks, and a key factor to consider in developing effective policy responses to climate change and development challenges. In recent years, there have been a number of ...
- The East African energy frontier, a decade on
- A. Hayman / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The East Africa region has seen some of the decade s largest natural gas and energy finds. However, despite their magnitude, these discoveries have yet to fulfil the promise of social and economic progress. With some sig...
- What do community health workers have to say about their work, and how can this inform improved programme design? A case study with CHWs within Kenya
- Martin Oliver / Global Health Action 2015
- Community health workers (CHWs) are used increasingly in the world to address shortages of health workers and the lack of a pervasive national health system. However, while their role is often described at a policy level, it is not cl...
- Becoming a climate-resilient green economy: planning for climate compatible development in Ethiopia
- R. Redda; R. Roland / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Ethiopia has emerged as one of Africas champions in responding to the implications of climate change. This is demonstrated by the strong commitment shown by the countrys political leadership on the issues. Much of ...
- Case studies on UNICEF programming in child protection
- United Nations Children's Fund 2014
- These case studies illustrate how UNICEF support is helping countries to strengthen child protection systems and promote social change to align social norms and practices with child protection. The case studies provide evidence of pos...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- Engaging local media in VMMC scale-up: a case study from Kenya
- Kenya National AIDS and STI Control Programme 2015
- This case study discusses how media can play a positive role in promoting voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) as part of HIV prevention efforts, or can fuel fears and discourage VMMC through sensationalist, inaccurate, or negat...
- A Kenyan newspaper analysis of the limitations of voluntary medical male circumcision and the importance of sustained condom use
- BMC Public Health 2015
- This analysis of Kenyan media treatment of condom use has the objectives of: (1) investigating promotion messages in a popular online newspaper to determine how the limitations of male circumcision are represented, and whether condom ...