Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Group dialogue and critical reflection of HIV prevention: an evaluation of the C-Change Community Conversation Toolkit
- C-Change 2012
- Communication for Change (C-Change) set out to develop support tools that would foster interactive communication among low-literacy adults and prompt engagement on HIV prevention issues, including encouraging individual and group-orie...
- Audience reception and evaluation study for Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR ) Communication Program in Malawi, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Soul Beat 2014
- Soul City is coordinating the implementation of a program on sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) among youths and key populations in Southern Africa. The component focusing on key populations namely female sex workers...
- Case studies on UNICEF programming in child protection
- United Nations Children's Fund 2014
- These case studies illustrate how UNICEF support is helping countries to strengthen child protection systems and promote social change to align social norms and practices with child protection. The case studies provide evidence of pos...
- Using entertainment education to promote self-efficacy and aspirations among young Malawians: the Tisankhenji Radio Program
- Johns Hopkins Health and Education in South Africa 2013
- The Tisankhenji radio programme (see Related Summaries at bottom of page) aired from 2005 to 2008 and was designed to prevent HIV among young people in Malawi, especially girls age 10 to 14, by increasing self-efficacy, encouraging op...
- Empowering women and girls to improve nutrition: building a sisterhood of success
- Scaling Up Nutrition 2016
- As evidence has long suggested, gender inequality can be a cause as well as an effect of hunger and malnutrition. Not surprisingly, higher levels of gender discrimination are associated with higher levels of both acute and chr...
- Communicating research to policymakers: researchers' experiences
- M. Lee; K. Belohlav / Population Reference Bureau 2016
- Policymakers and advocates agree that using evidence to inform decisions is essential for good policymaking and program design, given that limited resources require decisionmakers to allocate budgets effectively. Recognizing these iss...
- Effect of Participation in ICT-Based Market Information Services on Transaction Costs and Household Income among Smallholder Farmers in Malawi
- S Katengeza / ResearchGate 2014
- There have been efforts in recent years to promote adoption of ICT- based market information services (MIS) to enhance smallholder farmers’ access to agricultural markets. Application of such services improves informat...
- Gender equality as a pathway for sustainable development: lessons learned in Eastern and Southern Africa
- A. Torkelsson; F. Ciribello; M. Westman / Center for International Forestry Research 2015
- In order to advance sustainable development in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it is necessary to address cross-cutting issues on gender, environment, and climate change simultaneously. Despite this, a key cha...
- The timing of agricultural production in hazard-prone areas to prevent losses at peak- risk periods: a case of Malawi, Madagascar and Mozambique
- L. Kruger / African Centre for Disaster Studies 2016
- Hazard-prone areas in southern Africa experience many natural hazards, which include cyclones, floods and droughts. The severe climatic conditions of southern Africa have an especially large impact on the agricultural practices of sma...
- Africa's quest for food security: what is the role of urban agriculture?
- G. Arku / African Capacity Building Foundation 2012
- Urban agriculture is becoming increasingly significant as a source of household food, a trend that is closely linked to declining incomes of vulnerable urban households in the wake of neoliberal economic restructuring, high rates of u...