Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Sourcing examples of policy and programming practice for empowering women in a rural context
- U. Murray / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This reports deals with the issue of empowering women in a rural context, aiming at promoting transformative gender policy by updating livelihoods advisers’ knowledge of gender in a changing agricultural and rural context. ...
- Brazil, India, China and South Africa in agriculture and food security in Malawi
- T. De Bruyn / Research Institute for Work and Society, KU Leuven, 2014
- This paper describes the involvement of four of the so-called emerging powers - Brazil, India, China and South Africa - in development cooperation activities regarding agriculture and food security in Malawi. The prime focus is on the...
- Adding new spices to development cooperation. Brazil, India, China and South Africa in health, agriculture and food security
- T. De Bruyn / Research Institute for Work and Society, KU Leuven, 2013
- In recent years, the four so-called emerging powers or economies - Brazil, India, China and South Africa (the BICS) - have gained considerable academic, policy and media attention for their activities in development cooperation. Some ...
- Social protection training day: overview
- C. Maugham / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This document is a summary of key points made by each speaker in the “Social Protection Training Day” event that took place in the UK in 2013. The paper shows that social protection is a combination of social assist...
- Bottlenecks to deployment! police capacity building and deployment in Africa
- F.B. Aboagye; X. Ejoyi; A.A. Asamoah / Institute for Security Studies, 2010
- This study explores the police training environment in Africa and gauges some of the key challenges to the smooth deployment of trained police officers. The paper notices that complex emergencies will continue to be a feature o...
- Adoption and extent of conservation agriculture practices among smallholder farmers in Malawi
- A. Ngwira; F.H. Johnsen; J.B. Aune; M. Mekuria; C. Thierfelder 2014
- Understanding factors affecting farmers’ adoption of improved technologies is critical to success of conservation agriculture (CA) program implementation. This study, which explored the factors that determine adoption and extent...
- Eliciting farming decisions of smallholders in response to water availability conditions in Chingale, southern Malawi.
- International Water Management Institute, 2012
- The objective of this project is to examine adaptation strategies of smallholders in the Chingale district of Malawi to climate change impact, as well as to the implications of introducing the Integration of Aquaculture into Diversifi...
- Self-reported drunkenness among adolescents in four sub-Saharan African countries: associations with adverse childhood experiences
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2010
- Consumption of alcohol is associated with acute and chronic adverse health outcomes. There is a paucity of studies that explore the determinants of alcohol use among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa and, in particular, that examine t...
- Male youth and voluntary counseling and HIV-Testing (VCT): the case of Uganda and Malawi
- C. Izugbara; C. Undie; N. Mudege; A. Ezeh / African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2009
- Voluntary Counseling and HIV-Testing (VCT) is defined as a process by which an individual undergoes counseling, enabling him or her to make an informed choice about being tested. Focusing on Uganda and Malawi, two of the world’s...
- Leveraging services trade liberalisation for enhanced food security in SADC
- M. Dube / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2012
- The global food crisis of 2008 threw into sharp relief the problem of food security in many developing countries. In the case of Southern African Development Community (SADC), the food crisis served to highlight the decline in agricul...
- Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation, Government of Malawi
- The Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation is Malawi Government's main planning agency responsible for national economic and development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic issues in the country. Its main mandate is to provide professional advice and technical support to Government and the public on economic and social policy development and management so as to achi...
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
- Teaching and research university. Departments include: Centre For Reproductive Health (CRH) Centre For Social Research (CSR) Education Research And Training (CERT) Gender Studies Unit Language Studies Unit (CLS) Research Support Centre (RSC) Water, Sanitation, Health And Appropriate Technol...
- Mzuzu University
- Founded in 1997, Mzuzu University is located in the north of Malawi. It provides courses in the broad subject areas of education, environmental sciences and information science and communication.
- Malawi Medical Journal (MMJ)
- The Malawi Medical Journal is a peer reviewed, open access, quarterly, general medical journal published by the College of Medicine, University of Malawi and Medical Association of Malawi.
- National Research Council of Malawi (NRCM)
- Promoting science and technology-led development in Malawi
- University of Malawi - The Polytechnic
- The Malawi Polytechnic is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college is located in the city of Blantyre in southern Malawi. The college was established in 1965. It was the dream of the founders then that the institution was to be flexible enough and to offer both full and part-time programmes in industrial and commercial fields. It was envisaged that the Polytechnic w...
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Chancellor College is located in Zomba in the Southern Region of Malawi. It is the largest college of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college has five faculties: Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Science and Faculty of Education. Chancellor has an extensive library for research and study purposes.
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
- Human Rights body in Malawi
- Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
- Youth empowerment in Malawi
- Centre for Education Research and Training (University of Malawi) (CERT)
- Malawian education research unit