Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Trilateral development cooperation: how do poor countries experience it?
- S. Zondi / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa, 2015
- Development assistance is changing partly because of efforts in search of more efficient and effective ways of aid delivery linked to development effectiveness discussions taking place under the auspices of the High-Level Panel on Dev...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- The politics of what works in service delivery: an evidence-based review
- C. Mcloughlin; R. Batley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2012
- This paper examines the evidence on the forms of politics likely to promote inclusive social provisioning and enable, as opposed to constrain, improvements in service outcomes. The paper focuses particularly on eight relatively succes...
- The politics of what works for the poor in public expenditure and taxation: a review
- P. Mosley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2012
- This paper examines the questions of which fiscal (public expenditure and taxation) options work in terms of poverty reduction, and how they can be made implementable in practice. The point of departure of the analysis is that althoug...
- International Disaster Response Law (IDRL) in Malawi: A study on legal preparedness for regulatory issues in international disaster response
- International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, 2015
- This study assesses the legal preparedness for disasters in Malawi in light of the Guidelines for the Domestic Facilitation and Regulation on International Disaster Relief and Initial Recovery (IDRL Guidelines). The report high...
- Building state capacity for inclusive development: the politics of public sector reform
- B. Bukenya; P. Yanguas / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2013
- A capable state is essential for inclusive development, and developing countries are seeking to build it through a multifaceted agenda of public sector reform (PSR). This paper provides an analytically-driven review of PSR as a policy...
- The political economy determinants of economic growth in Malawi
- J. Said; K. Singini / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2014
- Since independence Malawi has failed to translate initial periods of economic growth into sustained long-term growth. This paper assesses why this has been the case and what feedback loops have existed between growth, the political se...
- Exchanging fertilizer for votes?
- N. B. Westberg / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2015
- Several countries have made targeted input subsidy programs an integral part of their policies for improving food security. Given the programs' often centralized structure&nb...
- Impact of climate change on Least Developed Countries: are the SDGs possible?
- H. Wright; S. Huq; J. Reeves / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2015
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will define the priorities of the UN’s development agenda beyond 2015. But the reality of climate change impacts will render these aspirational goals almost impossibly challenging for the...
- How WFP Supported the Scaling-up-Nutrition (SUN) Roll-Out in Malawi
- World Food Programme, 2015
- In April 2015, two case-studies were released by the World Food Programme (WFP) about how they supported the Scaling-Up-Nutrition Roll-Out in Malawi and Niger. This is the case study on Malawi. In the Malawi Case Study, a stunt...
- Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation, Government of Malawi
- The Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation is Malawi Government's main planning agency responsible for national economic and development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic issues in the country. Its main mandate is to provide professional advice and technical support to Government and the public on economic and social policy development and management so as to achi...
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
- Teaching and research university. Departments include: Centre For Reproductive Health (CRH) Centre For Social Research (CSR) Education Research And Training (CERT) Gender Studies Unit Language Studies Unit (CLS) Research Support Centre (RSC) Water, Sanitation, Health And Appropriate Technol...
- Mzuzu University
- Founded in 1997, Mzuzu University is located in the north of Malawi. It provides courses in the broad subject areas of education, environmental sciences and information science and communication.
- Malawi Medical Journal (MMJ)
- The Malawi Medical Journal is a peer reviewed, open access, quarterly, general medical journal published by the College of Medicine, University of Malawi and Medical Association of Malawi.
- National Research Council of Malawi (NRCM)
- Promoting science and technology-led development in Malawi
- University of Malawi - The Polytechnic
- The Malawi Polytechnic is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college is located in the city of Blantyre in southern Malawi. The college was established in 1965. It was the dream of the founders then that the institution was to be flexible enough and to offer both full and part-time programmes in industrial and commercial fields. It was envisaged that the Polytechnic w...
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Chancellor College is located in Zomba in the Southern Region of Malawi. It is the largest college of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college has five faculties: Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Science and Faculty of Education. Chancellor has an extensive library for research and study purposes.
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
- Human Rights body in Malawi
- Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
- Youth empowerment in Malawi
- Centre for Education Research and Training (University of Malawi) (CERT)
- Malawian education research unit