Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The political economy determinants of economic growth in Malawi
- J. Said; K. Singini / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2014
- Since independence Malawi has failed to translate initial periods of economic growth into sustained long-term growth. This paper assesses why this has been the case and what feedback loops have existed between growth, the political se...
- Exchanging fertilizer for votes?
- N. B. Westberg / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2015
- Several countries have made targeted input subsidy programs an integral part of their policies for improving food security. Given the programs' often centralized structure&nb...
- Impact of climate change on Least Developed Countries: are the SDGs possible?
- H. Wright; S. Huq; J. Reeves / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2015
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will define the priorities of the UN’s development agenda beyond 2015. But the reality of climate change impacts will render these aspirational goals almost impossibly challenging for the...
- How WFP Supported the Scaling-up-Nutrition (SUN) Roll-Out in Malawi
- World Food Programme, 2015
- In April 2015, two case-studies were released by the World Food Programme (WFP) about how they supported the Scaling-Up-Nutrition Roll-Out in Malawi and Niger. This is the case study on Malawi. In the Malawi Case Study, a stunt...
- Delivering climate services for farmers and pastoralists through interactive radio
- K.J. Hampson / Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research, 2014
- A scoping study to assess demand, opportunities and potential for the use of interactive radio to deliver climate services at scale for farmers and pastoralists was conducted by CCAFS in partnership with Farm Radio International in Ta...
- Case Study: Malawi’s agriculture, climate change and food security country analysis and programming recommendations
- N. Grist / Evidence on Demand, 2015
- Agriculture is vital to Malawi, employing 80% of the workforce and producing nearly 35% of GDP. However, the food security and climate change situation of Malawi has become very unstable. This brief is a country case study of Malawi a...
- What climate services do farmers and pastoralists need in Tanzania?
- J.Y. Coulibaly / Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research, 2015
- This report presents final findings from the baseline data collection exercise conducted for Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) Adaptation Programme in Africa. The GFCS programme, having a focus on agriculture, food security...
- A synthesis of institutional arrangements of National AIDS Commissions in seven African countries: work in progress
- C. Dickinson; J. Mundy; J. Whitelaw Jones / HLSP Institute, UK, 2007
- This paper presents a synthesis of institutional arrangements and issues currently facing National AIDS Councils/Commissions (NACs) in 2007. It reviews the governance and institutional arrangements of African NACs as well as harmonisa...
- Helpdesk Report: Contraceptive prevalence rate increases
- L. Bolton / Department for International Development, UK, 2011
- Based on UN MDG data for married women, countries that achieved a 3% or 5% increase in a year or a similar average over more years include The Gambia, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia. Statistics from other sources include incr...
- Helpdesk Report: General l inks to papers or sites on climate change and health
- Department for International Development, UK, 2011
- This report gives an overview of climate change and health and provides information on relevant, documents, publications and websites. WHO overview Research documents on Eldis Relevant publications ...
- Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation, Government of Malawi
- The Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation is Malawi Government's main planning agency responsible for national economic and development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic issues in the country. Its main mandate is to provide professional advice and technical support to Government and the public on economic and social policy development and management so as to achi...
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
- Teaching and research university. Departments include: Centre For Reproductive Health (CRH) Centre For Social Research (CSR) Education Research And Training (CERT) Gender Studies Unit Language Studies Unit (CLS) Research Support Centre (RSC) Water, Sanitation, Health And Appropriate Technol...
- Mzuzu University
- Founded in 1997, Mzuzu University is located in the north of Malawi. It provides courses in the broad subject areas of education, environmental sciences and information science and communication.
- Malawi Medical Journal (MMJ)
- The Malawi Medical Journal is a peer reviewed, open access, quarterly, general medical journal published by the College of Medicine, University of Malawi and Medical Association of Malawi.
- National Research Council of Malawi (NRCM)
- Promoting science and technology-led development in Malawi
- University of Malawi - The Polytechnic
- The Malawi Polytechnic is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college is located in the city of Blantyre in southern Malawi. The college was established in 1965. It was the dream of the founders then that the institution was to be flexible enough and to offer both full and part-time programmes in industrial and commercial fields. It was envisaged that the Polytechnic w...
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Chancellor College is located in Zomba in the Southern Region of Malawi. It is the largest college of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college has five faculties: Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Science and Faculty of Education. Chancellor has an extensive library for research and study purposes.
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
- Human Rights body in Malawi
- Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
- Youth empowerment in Malawi
- Centre for Education Research and Training (University of Malawi) (CERT)
- Malawian education research unit