Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Leveraging services trade liberalisation for enhanced food security in SADC
- M. Dube / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2012
- The global food crisis of 2008 threw into sharp relief the problem of food security in many developing countries. In the case of Southern African Development Community (SADC), the food crisis served to highlight the decline in agricul...
- The Southern African sugar sector
- C. Wood / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2013
- The sugar industry has the potential to play a key developmental role in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. The current paper illustrates that the sugar industry in Southern Africa is extensive, making up slight...
- Building a regional electricity market: SAPP challenges
- A. Maupin / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2013
- Enlarging national electricity markets beyond borders could help to decrease variable supply and demand issues and stimulate capacity investment. In this sense, the Southern African Power Pool (SAPP) is the regional association of the...
- Political economy of regional integration in Southern Africa series: the private sector as a driver of regional integration
- T.B. Scott / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2013
- The Southern African Development Coordination Conference (SADCC) was considered successful in achieving integration in areas such as water, health and power. However, once South Africa joined the regional grouping and it became known ...
- The impact of transfrontier conservation areas on regional integration
- T.B. Scott / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2013
- Transfrontier conservation areas (TFCAs) have been established in various locations within Southern Africa, showing that a regional public good can be protected, developed and shared between various member states by the active partici...
- Valuing and compensating caregivers for their contributions to community health and development in the context of HIV and AIDS: an agenda for action
- S. Hayes / Huairou Commission, 2010
- This paper concerns the valuation and compensation of caregivers for their ongoing contribution to community health and development in the context of HIV and AIDS. The report represents an agenda for action, and is based upon the resu...
- Home-Based Care Alliance policy brief: debunking myths
- Home-Based Care Alliance, 2013
- The Home-Based Care Alliance (HBCA) represents more than 30,000 caregivers organised into multi-district HBCAs in twelve African countries, caring for over 200,000 neighbours and friends, and with a history of organising around HIV/AI...
- Living testimony: obstetric fistula and inequities in maternal health
- D. Jones (ed); E. Brazier (ed); P. Lee Poy (ed) / Family Care International, 2007
- Obstetric fistula is an injury to the birth canal, resulting from prolonged labour, that has devastating physical and psychological effects on women’s lives. Its persistence reveals vast inequities in access to and quality of re...
- Scaling up community-based management of acute malnutrition; Implementing the CAS Program in Malawi
- M Christensen / Concern Worldwide, 2013
- Case study of scaling up the CMAM programmes in Malawi and the CMAM Advisory Service (CAS) project which was assigned to coordinate, monitor, and evaluate CMAM activities.
- Collecting Critical Data to Assess the Sustainability of Rural Infrastructure in Low-Income Countries
- S.A. Jones; K.L. Sanford Bernhardt; M. Kennedy / Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, 2013
- Rural water systems in low-income countries often fail to deliver potable water sustainably. Reasons include socio-economic, financial, and technical challenges that are specific to the community. Improved assessment methods are criti...
- Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation, Government of Malawi
- The Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation is Malawi Government's main planning agency responsible for national economic and development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic issues in the country. Its main mandate is to provide professional advice and technical support to Government and the public on economic and social policy development and management so as to achi...
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
- Teaching and research university. Departments include: Centre For Reproductive Health (CRH) Centre For Social Research (CSR) Education Research And Training (CERT) Gender Studies Unit Language Studies Unit (CLS) Research Support Centre (RSC) Water, Sanitation, Health And Appropriate Technol...
- Mzuzu University
- Founded in 1997, Mzuzu University is located in the north of Malawi. It provides courses in the broad subject areas of education, environmental sciences and information science and communication.
- Malawi Medical Journal (MMJ)
- The Malawi Medical Journal is a peer reviewed, open access, quarterly, general medical journal published by the College of Medicine, University of Malawi and Medical Association of Malawi.
- National Research Council of Malawi (NRCM)
- Promoting science and technology-led development in Malawi
- University of Malawi - The Polytechnic
- The Malawi Polytechnic is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college is located in the city of Blantyre in southern Malawi. The college was established in 1965. It was the dream of the founders then that the institution was to be flexible enough and to offer both full and part-time programmes in industrial and commercial fields. It was envisaged that the Polytechnic w...
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Chancellor College is located in Zomba in the Southern Region of Malawi. It is the largest college of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college has five faculties: Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Science and Faculty of Education. Chancellor has an extensive library for research and study purposes.
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
- Human Rights body in Malawi
- Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
- Youth empowerment in Malawi
- Centre for Education Research and Training (University of Malawi) (CERT)
- Malawian education research unit