Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- A synthesis of institutional arrangements of National AIDS Commissions in seven African countries: work in progress
- C. Dickinson; J. Mundy; J. Whitelaw Jones / HLSP Institute, UK, 2007
- This paper presents a synthesis of institutional arrangements and issues currently facing National AIDS Councils/Commissions (NACs) in 2007. It reviews the governance and institutional arrangements of African NACs as well as harmonisa...
- Helpdesk Report: Contraceptive prevalence rate increases
- L. Bolton / Department for International Development, UK, 2011
- Based on UN MDG data for married women, countries that achieved a 3% or 5% increase in a year or a similar average over more years include The Gambia, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia. Statistics from other sources include incr...
- Helpdesk Report: General l inks to papers or sites on climate change and health
- Department for International Development, UK, 2011
- This report gives an overview of climate change and health and provides information on relevant, documents, publications and websites. WHO overview Research documents on Eldis Relevant publications ...
- Helpdesk Report: Incentives for improving the quality of health facilities
- L. Bolton / Department for International Development, UK, 2011
- What types of incentive does evidence show have proved successful in raising the quality of services, at the levels of the district, the health facility, and of individual health workers? How have specific incentives modified outputs ...
- A Review of the Human Resource Content of PRSP and HIPC documentation in 6 selected African Countries
- Health and Education Advice and Resource Team, 2003
- This desk based review looks at PRSP/HIPC documentation and related documentation and seeks to shed light on whether these documents adequately reflect the growing importance of human resource planning, implementation, and manage...
- Nutrition, information, and household behaviour experimental evidence from Malawi
- Institute for Fiscal Studies, London, 2014
- Incorrect knowledge of the health production function may lead to inefficient household choices, and thereby to the production of suboptimal levels of health. This paper studies the effects of a randomised intervention in rural Malawi...
- Final evaluation of the Regional Community Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM) Capacity Building Programme for Southern Africa
- A.M. Madzara; D.D.C. Mauambeta / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2014
- Background: This programme was established to address the challenges facing CBNRM in Southern Africa, such as policies which were not explicitly inclusive of communities in wildlife management and benefits; or, where there was po...
- Legislation on the for-profit private health sector in east and southern Africa
- J Doherty / EQUINET: Network for Equity in Health in Southern Africa, 2013
- International evidence shows that, if left unregulated, the for-profit sector may lead to distortions in the quantity, distribution and quality of health services, as well as anti-competitive behaviour (Marriott 2009). As the for-prof...
- Scaling Up Male Circumcision Service Provision: Results from a Randomised Evaluation
- R. Thornton; J. Chinkhumba; S. Godlonton; R. Pierotti / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2013
- Recent findings indicate that male circumcision significantly and substantially lowers the likelihood of a man contracting HIV by up to 60 per cent. This has led to many discussions about how voluntary male circumcision might be a via...
- The political economy of public sector employment in resource dependent countries
- O. Ali; I. Elbadawi / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2012
- This paper proposes a political economic explanation for the well documented difference in labour market institutions between high natural resource per capita countries and those that are natural resource dependent but whose populatio...
- Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation, Government of Malawi
- The Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation is Malawi Government's main planning agency responsible for national economic and development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic issues in the country. Its main mandate is to provide professional advice and technical support to Government and the public on economic and social policy development and management so as to achi...
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
- Teaching and research university. Departments include: Centre For Reproductive Health (CRH) Centre For Social Research (CSR) Education Research And Training (CERT) Gender Studies Unit Language Studies Unit (CLS) Research Support Centre (RSC) Water, Sanitation, Health And Appropriate Technol...
- Mzuzu University
- Founded in 1997, Mzuzu University is located in the north of Malawi. It provides courses in the broad subject areas of education, environmental sciences and information science and communication.
- Malawi Medical Journal (MMJ)
- The Malawi Medical Journal is a peer reviewed, open access, quarterly, general medical journal published by the College of Medicine, University of Malawi and Medical Association of Malawi.
- National Research Council of Malawi (NRCM)
- Promoting science and technology-led development in Malawi
- University of Malawi - The Polytechnic
- The Malawi Polytechnic is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college is located in the city of Blantyre in southern Malawi. The college was established in 1965. It was the dream of the founders then that the institution was to be flexible enough and to offer both full and part-time programmes in industrial and commercial fields. It was envisaged that the Polytechnic w...
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Chancellor College is located in Zomba in the Southern Region of Malawi. It is the largest college of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college has five faculties: Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Science and Faculty of Education. Chancellor has an extensive library for research and study purposes.
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
- Human Rights body in Malawi
- Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
- Youth empowerment in Malawi
- Centre for Education Research and Training (University of Malawi) (CERT)
- Malawian education research unit