Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate variability, adaptation strategies and food security in Malawi
- S. Asfaw; N. McCarthy; L. Lipper / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2014
- This study has a focus on climate adaptation strategies for farmers in Malawi. This paper assesses farmers’ incentives and conditioning factors that hinder or promote adaptation strategies and evaluates its impact on crop...
- Opportunities for support to System of Rice Intensification in Tanzania, Zambia and Malawi
- J.B. Aune / Noragric, Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Norwegian University of L, 2014
- There is a great potential for increasing the production of rice in Tanzania, Zambia and Malawi. Many of the constraints on rice production are similar for the three countries. Common problems are low quality of seeds, lack of access ...
- Follow-up of post-discharge growth and mortality after treatment for severe acute malnutrition (FuSAM Study): a prospective cohort study
- M. Kerac / PLoS ONE, 2014
- Management of severe acute malnutrition (SAM) plays a vital role in achieving global child survival targets. Effective treatment programmes are available but little is known about longer term outcomes following programme discharge.102...
- Task-shifting and prioritisation: a situational analysis examining the role and experiences of community health workers in Malawi
- S. Smith / Human Resources for Health, 2014
- As low- and middle-income countries face continued shortages of human resources for health and the double burden of infectious and chronic diseases, there is renewed international interest in the potential for community health workers...
- Young people, agriculture, and employment in rural Africa
- J. Sumberg / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2014
- WIDER Working Paper 2014/080 James Sumberg, Nana Akua Anyidoho, Michael Chasukwa, Blessings Chinsinga, Jennifer Leavy, Getnet Tadele, Stephen Whitfield, and Joseph Yaro April 2014 This paper examines the...
- Sourcing examples of policy and programming practice for empowering women in a rural context
- U. Murray / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This reports deals with the issue of empowering women in a rural context, aiming at promoting transformative gender policy by updating livelihoods advisers’ knowledge of gender in a changing agricultural and rural context. ...
- Brazil, India, China and South Africa in agriculture and food security in Malawi
- T. De Bruyn / Research Institute for Work and Society, KU Leuven, 2014
- This paper describes the involvement of four of the so-called emerging powers - Brazil, India, China and South Africa - in development cooperation activities regarding agriculture and food security in Malawi. The prime focus is on the...
- Adding new spices to development cooperation. Brazil, India, China and South Africa in health, agriculture and food security
- T. De Bruyn / Research Institute for Work and Society, KU Leuven, 2013
- In recent years, the four so-called emerging powers or economies - Brazil, India, China and South Africa (the BICS) - have gained considerable academic, policy and media attention for their activities in development cooperation. Some ...
- Social protection training day: overview
- C. Maugham / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This document is a summary of key points made by each speaker in the “Social Protection Training Day” event that took place in the UK in 2013. The paper shows that social protection is a combination of social assist...
- Bottlenecks to deployment! police capacity building and deployment in Africa
- F.B. Aboagye; X. Ejoyi; A.A. Asamoah / Institute for Security Studies, 2010
- This study explores the police training environment in Africa and gauges some of the key challenges to the smooth deployment of trained police officers. The paper notices that complex emergencies will continue to be a feature o...
- Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation, Government of Malawi
- The Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation is Malawi Government's main planning agency responsible for national economic and development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic issues in the country. Its main mandate is to provide professional advice and technical support to Government and the public on economic and social policy development and management so as to achi...
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
- Teaching and research university. Departments include: Centre For Reproductive Health (CRH) Centre For Social Research (CSR) Education Research And Training (CERT) Gender Studies Unit Language Studies Unit (CLS) Research Support Centre (RSC) Water, Sanitation, Health And Appropriate Technol...
- Mzuzu University
- Founded in 1997, Mzuzu University is located in the north of Malawi. It provides courses in the broad subject areas of education, environmental sciences and information science and communication.
- Malawi Medical Journal (MMJ)
- The Malawi Medical Journal is a peer reviewed, open access, quarterly, general medical journal published by the College of Medicine, University of Malawi and Medical Association of Malawi.
- National Research Council of Malawi (NRCM)
- Promoting science and technology-led development in Malawi
- University of Malawi - The Polytechnic
- The Malawi Polytechnic is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college is located in the city of Blantyre in southern Malawi. The college was established in 1965. It was the dream of the founders then that the institution was to be flexible enough and to offer both full and part-time programmes in industrial and commercial fields. It was envisaged that the Polytechnic w...
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Chancellor College is located in Zomba in the Southern Region of Malawi. It is the largest college of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college has five faculties: Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Science and Faculty of Education. Chancellor has an extensive library for research and study purposes.
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
- Human Rights body in Malawi
- Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
- Youth empowerment in Malawi
- Centre for Education Research and Training (University of Malawi) (CERT)
- Malawian education research unit