Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Malawi Development Exchange
This Eldis-sponsored group focuses on development information from Malawi and on the people who produce it. We offer a collection of online documents, a daily selection of news and commentary, occasional feature articles, profiles of Malawian development practitioners and a search of Malawian websites
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Africa's quest for food security: what is the role of urban agriculture?
- G. Arku / African Capacity Building Foundation, 2012
- Urban agriculture is becoming increasingly significant as a source of household food, a trend that is closely linked to declining incomes of vulnerable urban households in the wake of neoliberal economic restructuring, high rates of u...
- Maize productivity and input subsidies in Malawi: a state-contingent stochastic production frontier approach
- S.T. Holden; C.J. O'Donnell / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2015
- We make cross-sectional comparisons of productivity in a risky agricultural setting. To make meaningful comparisons, we find it necessary to define a new productivity index that satisfies important axioms from index number theory (e.g...
- Helpdesk report: evidence on ECD approaches in Malawi
- Health and Education Advice and Resource Team, 2015
- This rapid review looks at the evidence on early childhood development (ECD) models (including integrated approaches) in Malawi and in the sub-Saharan African region, examining the impact on child development and learning. Most of the...
- Making networks work for policy: Evidence from agricultural technology adoption in Malawi
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2015
- Low productivity in agriculture and environmentally unsustainable farming challenges are pressing development challenges for many developing countries. Technologies that would minimize adverse environmental effects and increase long-t...
- What happens once the intervention ends? The medium-term impacts of a cash transfer programme in Malawi
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, 2015
- Adolescent girls in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) face a multitude of hazards during their transition from childhood to adulthood. Net primary school enrollment for females in the region is lower than 75 percent – with lower completi...
- Subsidies promote use of drought tolerant maize varieties despite variable yield performance under smallholder environments in Malawi
- S.T. Holden; M. Fisher / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2015
- This study used a three-year panel dataset for 350 Malawian farm households to examine the potential for widespread adoption of drought tolerant (DT) maize varieties, a technology that holds considerable promise for helping smallholde...
- Gender review of selected programmes in the agriculture portfolio of the Norwegian Embassy in Malawi
- B. Maal / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2015
- In Malawi, the Global Hunger Index classifies the food security situation as “serious”. Lack of food security causes child undernutrition and child mortality. Levels of malnutrition are alarmingly high. About half of all c...
- Evaluation of Norwegian support to capacity development
- R. Lloyd / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2015
- The report presents the results of an evaluation of Norwegian support to capacity development in public sector, aiming at assessing results of support to capacity development and to what degree it represents value for m...
- Capacity building material for the realization of farmers rights in Malawi: farmers' rights related to plant genetic resources for food and agriculture in Malawi
- J.C. Posada / Development Fund, Norway, 2015
- The capacity building material on Farmers’ Rights is framed within the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture. The International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, ...
- The politics of seed in Africa's green revolution: alternative narratives and competing pathways
- I. Scoones; J. Thompson / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2011
- As calls for a ‘uniquely African green revolution’ gain momentum, a focus on seeds and seed systems is rising up the agricultural policy agenda. Much of the debate stresses the technological or market dimensions, with subs...
- Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation, Government of Malawi
- The Ministry of Development Planning and Cooperation is Malawi Government's main planning agency responsible for national economic and development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic issues in the country. Its main mandate is to provide professional advice and technical support to Government and the public on economic and social policy development and management so as to achi...
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
- Teaching and research university. Departments include: Centre For Reproductive Health (CRH) Centre For Social Research (CSR) Education Research And Training (CERT) Gender Studies Unit Language Studies Unit (CLS) Research Support Centre (RSC) Water, Sanitation, Health And Appropriate Technol...
- Mzuzu University
- Founded in 1997, Mzuzu University is located in the north of Malawi. It provides courses in the broad subject areas of education, environmental sciences and information science and communication.
- Malawi Medical Journal (MMJ)
- The Malawi Medical Journal is a peer reviewed, open access, quarterly, general medical journal published by the College of Medicine, University of Malawi and Medical Association of Malawi.
- National Research Council of Malawi (NRCM)
- Promoting science and technology-led development in Malawi
- University of Malawi - The Polytechnic
- The Malawi Polytechnic is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college is located in the city of Blantyre in southern Malawi. The college was established in 1965. It was the dream of the founders then that the institution was to be flexible enough and to offer both full and part-time programmes in industrial and commercial fields. It was envisaged that the Polytechnic w...
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Chancellor College is located in Zomba in the Southern Region of Malawi. It is the largest college of the constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The college has five faculties: Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Science and Faculty of Education. Chancellor has an extensive library for research and study purposes.
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC)
- Human Rights body in Malawi
- Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
- Youth empowerment in Malawi
- Centre for Education Research and Training (University of Malawi) (CERT)
- Malawian education research unit